Windows 10: Taskbar Thumbnails

Discus and support Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, hovering over icons on the taskbar bar no long shows the thumbnail/preview of the window and I have no idea of how to get it working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burbla, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Burbla Win User

Taskbar Thumbnails

For some reason, hovering over icons on the taskbar bar no long shows the thumbnail/preview of the window and I have no idea of how to get it working again. Any help please?

:)

Burbla, Dec 3, 2015

2. Taskbar preview thumbnails in Windows 10

I have found an answer for myself. Download application Winaero at winaero.com, select Taskbar Thumbnail in section Desktop and Thumbnails, and disable it. The taskbar thumbnails never appear again!

TatianaKozhevnikova, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Auto-hide Taskbar and Thumbnails NOT Disappearing

I see many posts, here and elsewhere, complaining that taskbar thumbnails are not visible, disappear too quickly, or how to disable the thumbnails altogether. My problem is on the other side of the fence: For some reason, my taskbar and thumbnails recently
    started staying visible, even when I am working on another task in another window.

For instance, suppose I am in a browser, and mouse to the bottom of the display, which causes the taskbar to appear. When I hover the mouse over the Outlook taskbar icon, the Outlook taskbar thumbnail appears. However, when I return to the browser window,
    and operate there, the taskbar and Outlook thumbnail remain visible.

Is there a setting somewhere that governs this behavior?

jenkins-ear, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Taskbar Thumbnails

Brink, Dec 3, 2015
  5. Burbla Win User
    Thanks you for the response, It was a combination of both fixes (ExtendUIHoverTime was set to over 1 million or something like that) and (NumThumbnails had set itself to 0) to get it running properly. Very happy indeed now i have my system back to what I originally had it setup as before my new SSD and fresh install. Very grateful*Party

Burbla, Dec 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Dec 3, 2015
  7. Burbla Win User
    I've had an interesting occurance, Everything has been running fine until I i turned my system on today. I haven't changed anything in the Regedit, yet it changed the the taskbar values back to what wasn't working prior to fixing it. I've also noticed that another program isn't remembering the the settings input into it (ASUS GPU Tweak 2)

Burbla, Dec 5, 2015
  8. Burbla Win User

Taskbar Thumbnails

I should also mention i did apply the latest update from Microdictator last night so perhaps it restored the settings?

Burbla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar Thumbnails

1. Taskbar Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Taskbar Thumbnails

2. disable taskbar thumbnail preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable taskbar thumbnail preview: Can't disable taskbar thumbnail preview. Tried all the ways 4? found on the internet, including the ones suggested by this Community.How can it be that an issue with "disable taskbar thumbnail preview" was not solved in all the years since Windows Vista?Yesterday Microsoft...
  3. disable taskbar thumbnail preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable taskbar thumbnail preview: Can't disable taskbar thumbnail preview. Tried all the ways 4? found on the internet, including the ones suggested by this Community.How can it be that an issue with "disable taskbar thumbnail preview" was not solved in all the years since Windows Vista?Yesterday Microsoft...
  4. How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?

How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?: Hi,I am facing issue in window 11, when are we Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select. please help.Regards,Narendra Saini...
  5. How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select in window 11?: Hi,I am facing issue in window 11, when are we Taskbar thumbnail preview disappear too quickly to select. please help.Regards,Narendra Saini...
  6. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  7. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  8. Disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10

Disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10: Hi,now, around 7 years later than this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews-in/1526f2f8-e29b-4a1c-8293-7b2d9e542abc was created by some other user, there is still no working solution to disable simple thumbnail...
  9. Disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10: Hi,now, around 7 years later than this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews-in/1526f2f8-e29b-4a1c-8293-7b2d9e542abc was created by some other user, there is still no working solution to disable simple thumbnail...
  10. Disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization