Windows 10: Taskbar too big 10061

Discus and support Taskbar too big 10061 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop just updated to 10061 and my task bar is taller than before. How can I get it back to normal size like previous versions. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jscarano, Apr 23, 2015.

1. jscarano Win User

Taskbar too big 10061

My laptop just updated to 10061 and my task bar is taller than before. How can I get it back to normal size like previous versions. I have tried everything I can. thanks

:)

jscarano, Apr 23, 2015
  2. jmpaq Win User

Using International Keyboard

Hi, this is for Peter Boynton.

I am using build 10061 and I can't seem to get the US international Keyboard.

Please let me know what build you are using so that I can try it too.

thanks,

jm

jmpaq, Apr 23, 2015
  3. Windwake Win User
    Auto upgrade for Beta systems?

See no capability to reserve upgrade on system running Eval Build 10061. Assume it will get upgrade automatically at some point?

Windwake, Apr 23, 2015
  4. Taskbar too big 10061

If you're using small taskbar icons you'll probably have to live with it until they get it fixed.

cyberrufus, Apr 23, 2015
  5. Make sure the taskbar isn't locked (right click on taskbar, uncheck "Lock all taskbars") and mouse-over the top of the taskbar until you get double arrows click and drag taskbar down.

fracking4oil, Apr 23, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    My taskbar is the same as it always was on my desktop.

Wynona, Apr 23, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Same here.. to be honest I never did compare the two but it's the same as far as I can tell.. but who knows.. I just a bunny. *Wink

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Taskbar too big 10061

But a very smart bunny, for sure. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 23, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks.. *Wink

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  10. Charlie Win User
    Is everything a little larger? Could it be your graphics driver. Have a look at device manager. Also screen resolution.

Charlie, Apr 23, 2015
  11. jscarano Win User
    Nothing changed. Only thing changed was my computer updated to 10061 Before that everything was fine with taskbar. Its unlocked and I have small icons. WTF

edit: Theres gotta be some kind of regedit fix for this? I have aspect ratio issues that I always have to change via registry. I wish I just stayed on Windows 8.1 that came with this damn computer.

jscarano, Apr 23, 2015
  12. That's a bug that was introduced in 10056. Your only real options are living with it, using the larger icons or going back to 10049.

cyberrufus, Apr 23, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

Taskbar too big 10061

Oh, my, I do hope you didn't install Windows 10 over the top of Windows 8.1! If you did, I believe there's a way to roll back to 8.1, but someone smarter than I will have to tell you how to do it.

Good luck.

Wynona, Apr 24, 2015
  14. Saltgrass Win User
    Make sure you check the Display setting for the Text and Apps sizes. On one of my systems the thing had gone to 150% so when I set it back to 100% it looked normal again.

I do still occasionally get large icons when I start the system from powered down. The will usually readjust later or after a restart.....

Saltgrass, Apr 24, 2015
  15. As Saltgrass mentioned - check your display settings. I had to change the resolution since Windows only seems to drive my monitor at the laptop LCD res.

The AMD driver is also a little flaky - glyphs in the properties dialog window (newer and older drivers do not have the glyphs issue, but there are other oddities such as driving the monitor at 64 hertz (not 60 or 75 hertz))

You can always go back to Win8.1 if you have the key. Then run Win10 as a VM, native dual boot, or a VHD dual boot.

Slartybart, Apr 24, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar too big 10061

1. Taskbar too big 10061 - Similar Threads - Taskbar too big

2. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  3. Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.: Hi, when I had installed Windows 10 on my Computer My taskbar icons were HUGE. Here is the screenshot,for u guys it may not look like its big, but in my screen its huge, and when i try to record my cursor looks like as if it was recorded in 720p, and my display is 1080p with...
  4. Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.: Hi, when I had installed Windows 10 on my Computer My taskbar icons were HUGE. Here is the screenshot,for u guys it may not look like its big, but in my screen its huge, and when i try to record my cursor looks like as if it was recorded in 720p, and my display is 1080p with...
  5. Taskbar Icons too big and other problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Notepad is too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is too big: Hi, I just created a script with AutoHot Key and don't like the Notepad window display on the screen. It used to me a manageable window but now takes up the entire desktop and I can't reduce the size of it. Is there anything I can do to make the window smaller? Thanks...
  7. Taskbar icons too big

Taskbar icons too big: Hi how can i make the icons on the taskbar smaller that 100% It too big for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-too-big/1da51358-a31a-43e5-86cf-f6ed5bad50b4
  8. Toolbar Icons too big, makes the taskbar taller

Toolbar Icons too big, makes the taskbar taller: Hi, I wanted a fast and clean way to switch between playback devices so I found "NirCmd" and decided to use it for what I want to accomplish. I created the necessary shortcuts with for example the command "setdefaultsounddevice Speakers", then I created Icons using images of...
  9. Display is TOO big

Display is TOO big: Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere! I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor. The monitor I got is a 32" very wide screen. I don't know if my issue is due to the screen or W10. I've adjusted my size to as low...
  10. fonts are too big

in Windows 10 Support
    fonts are too big: My wife hit something and now my fonts are too big. I'd like to get the letters back to the smaller version as they are waaaay too big. Can anyone help? 105368