Windows 10: Taskbar/tool bar on my 2nd monitor

Discus and support Taskbar/tool bar on my 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this weird taskbar/toolbar on my 2nd monitor it just gets in the way and can't find any kind of setting to deal with it. 34691 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scoobywrx210, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Taskbar/tool bar on my 2nd monitor

I have this weird taskbar/toolbar on my 2nd monitor it just gets in the way and can't find any kind of setting to deal with it.

:)

scoobywrx210, Dec 21, 2015
  2. Zemphi Win User

Taskbar when running game fullscreen borderless (dual monitors)

Nah this is completely different, I only want taskbar on my main monitor, but when ingame full screen (borderless windowed) after anniversary update, I can't show the taskbar on my main screen by clicking on my 2nd monitor, not that I want taskbar on my
    2nd monitor.

Thanks for trying tho I still appreciate it.

The game itself acts as if it's tabbed out, but visually I can't tell.

-L

Zemphi, Dec 21, 2015
  3. DEcSup Win User
    How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

thanks Mohan. However, i wish to have both screens with task bar:

Main Screen, taskbar is NOT hide.

2nd screen will auto HIDE so it will not occupy my screen space.

I tried your suggestion, then the 2nd screen will not have taskbar at all.

alternatively, is there a way to make 2nd screen taskbar to NOT always on top?

DEcSup, Dec 21, 2015
  4. Taskbar/tool bar on my 2nd monitor

Hello scoobywrx210 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

I see your primary is on the right side while the taskbar on the secondary was left unlocked! When right clicking on the Taskbar for the imediate right click menu or the properties screen where you find the Use small icons as well as auto hide taskbar and lock taskbar options you simply unlock the taskbar to resize by click and drag to a narrower size as well as set where it will be at the top, bottom, left or right side of the screen which for any dual display will effect the main taskbar on the Primary as well as the extended seen or clone of Primary on the Secondary depending which Multitasking setting you choose.

With UltraMON or DisplayFusion two popular well known programs for multiple display set ups I found the "Smart bar" used on the previous versions like 7 had to be disabled by unchecking that option to allow 10 to handle the extended bar. But the return to normal is a simple task of first right clicking on the taskbar to see it unlocked and then you click to grab and hold while dragging the edge inward to shrink it's size on the Secondary seen there. Once resized you right click again to simply check off the lock taskbar option. On the properties the Apply button will need to be clicked on as well.

Night Hawk, Dec 21, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar/tool bar on my 2nd monitor

1. Taskbar/tool bar on my 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - Taskbar tool bar

2. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  3. Taskbar autohide intermittent fail on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar autohide intermittent fail on 2nd monitor: Windows 10 Enterprise latest feature update version 20H2Autohide is ON desktop mode and set to "Show taskbar on all displays". Taskbar is at the bottom of the screen. Autohide works on the main monitor monitor 1 either by moving the mouse or by hitting the Windows button. BUT...
  4. Taskbar autohide intermittent fail on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar autohide intermittent fail on 2nd monitor: Windows 10 Enterprise latest feature update version 20H2Autohide is ON desktop mode and set to "Show taskbar on all displays". Taskbar is at the bottom of the screen. Autohide works on the main monitor monitor 1 either by moving the mouse or by hitting the Windows button. BUT...
  5. Taskbar autohide intermittent fail on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Win10 Game Bar lock to 2nd monitor

Win10 Game Bar lock to 2nd monitor: I use the game bar volume controls and resource monitor on my second monitor. But annoying on reboot or during the launch of some games the bar keeps moving back to my primary monitor. Then I have to open something on my second monitor... spam windows key + G ... but no the...
  7. 2nd Taskbar appears on 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Taskbar appears on 2nd monitor.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CoffeeMate90210 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9b0qc/2nd_taskbar_appears_on_2nd_monitor/
  8. 2nd Monitor

2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  9. How to get taskbar icons to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get taskbar icons to 2nd monitor: [ATTACH] I want my taskbar icons (Screenshot) to be on both monitors simultaneously. https://preview.redd.it/yq0n46qd9kz31.png?width=3840&format=png&auto=webp&s=1f0a69e40a128f9ba1f69992733e178fdc615f08 So the icons on the right screen( bottom right) i want on the left....
  10. Quicklaunch buttons on taskbar on 2nd monitor

Quicklaunch buttons on taskbar on 2nd monitor: Hey guys, Is it possible to get the quicklaunch buttons from my main taskbar also on my second monitor taskbar? Now here's the catch: I do not want to mirror the taskbars i.e., I would like to keep the windows that are active only on the taskbar from the monitor the window...