Windows 10: Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10?

Discus and support Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running windows 7 and I am considering trying win10. My problem is I need to have an easy and convenient to use taskbar or else 'upgrading' is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris2340673, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10?

I am running windows 7 and I am considering trying win10. My problem is I need to have an easy and convenient to use taskbar or else 'upgrading' is not a viable option.

What I need:
    - I need to be able to setup toolbars within the taskbar with small icons and no text (like you could do in winxp and win7).
    - Be able to have open apps never be 'pinned', never be shrunk into small icons, and never grouped together.

Can this be done in win10? I figure I can probably get the second point using something like "7+ taskbar tweaker", but what about getting toolbars back in win10? I need this feature, it makes launching apps very easy as they are always just a single click away and taking up minimal space.

:)

Chris2340673, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

Hi,

In the Quick Launch toolbar, you can add or remove shortcuts so that you have easy access to items you frequently use from the Quick Launch Toolbar. To move the Quick Launch toolbar to the left side of the task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Unlock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Click and hold on the dotted separator line at the left of the Quick Launch toolbar and drag it to the left.
    • When you are finished, lock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and check
      Lock all taskbars.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 14, 2015
  3. d0gknees Win User
    Cascading menus in Windows 10 for Documents folders

I don't think you can pin a folder to the Start Menu or the Taskbar in the same way as earlier versions, but there's another option that might work for you.

You can still create Toolbars in Windows 10. Right-click the Taskbar, then Toolbars and New Toolbar. Find the folder you want and select it. You should get a cascading menu of the content of the selected folder including subfolders.

d0gknees, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10?

Welcome to the Ten forum Chris,
    Our favorite mentor have written almost everything. See in Tutorials if it fit your needs.
    Windows 10 Tutorials

MikeMecanic, Nov 15, 2015
  5. sn00ker Win User
    I'm not sure what you are asking but is the pic below what you mean ? You can click on it to make it bigger to view . Also, if you could add a pic as to what you want could help out ...

Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10? [​IMG]

sn00ker, Nov 15, 2015
  6. That is not what I want. Not only are there icons too big, but were would your active task go? There is no room for them (unless its pinned, and I really hate that design choice its too confusing). On top of that, there are no sections. I added a picture of my setup in win7 (and this works in winxp the even win98 had the toolbar feature).

Few important notes:
    - The bottom part of the task bar contains only my current open/active programs/task
    - The top section is divided into section using toolbars (S for systems, V for video, M for medica, etc).
    - The icons are small, so they take up minimun space + I can fit a lot of them.
    - The icons in my system tray are also small, allowing two per 'row', which saves some horizontal space.

And of course, this setup allows me to access any of those apps/games/folders with a single click anytime (as long as im not in a full screen app).

edit: I downloaded win10 today, so ill give it a quick go in vmware later when my NAS comes back up after some scheduled scans.

Chris2340673, Nov 15, 2015
  7. sn00ker Win User
    I couldn't answer your question since I don't have not even close to how many you have and wouldn't be able to tell you, but my taskbar Icons are set bigger because I don't have many and see no use in smaller, but there is a setting to make it smaller . I think you would like windows 10 Task View or I couldn't be wrong .

sn00ker, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10?

I already tried it when it was in early alpha (I got an MSDN subscription), I did not like it.

Only reason why I am thinking of about it now is because I got a new SSD and need to re-install my OS. I figure now is the best time, but im stuck on step 1: Having a usual taskbar.

It sometimes feels like MS goal is to make things difficult on the users and force the users to conform to inferior design.

Chris2340673, Nov 15, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    I think you can accomplish most of what you're after.
    The only thing you may not like is the black fonts on the open thumbnails.

Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10? [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 15, 2015
  10. Mine is set to small (in Taskbar and Start Menu Properties) and it looks like the size of your taskbar. It can be set smaller in advanced sizing of text and other items. Having a perfect vision, I would take it smaller but it seems to be made that way.

Give it a try in VM Ware and you'll see. Feel free to show us the result.

All the best,

MikeMecanic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10?

1. Taskbar Tweaks: Can you get toolbars setup in win10? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Tweaks toolbars

2. In Windows 11 How can you add a "ToolBar" to the "taskbar" like in Windows 10?? This is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11 How can you add a "ToolBar" to the "taskbar" like in Windows 10?? This is...: In Windows 11 How can you add a "ToolBar" to the "taskbar" like in Windows 10?? If it's not possible then this is terrible whomever idea this was I guess never worked in the real world where productivity matters....
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  5. Windows 11 - How can you add a "ToolBar" to the "taskbar" like in Windows 10??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - How can you add a "ToolBar" to the "taskbar" like in Windows 10??: In Windows 10 you could create a folder with documents in it and then attach that to the taskbar and with one click access that document without having to open and close entire folders. This was EXTREMELY time saving and productiveIn Windows 11 this is GONE. there is a work...
  6. Win10 Desktop Toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Desktop Toolbar: From Win7 to Win10, I've always used the desktop toolbar and it's always located immediately before the notification area. Since installing the latest updates a few days ago the toolbar has shifted to almost the center of the taskbar and all my amateur efforts to relocate it...
  7. How to get Toolbar on the Second Monitor Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Toolbar on the Second Monitor Taskbar?: So yeah, basically that's the question. I have a neat little Toolbar that shows my current internet usage, which is really cool, shows me when the net goes down, if it's my Net that's messing up or the service I am using. Simple enough. [img] But, when I play games or...
  8. How to get Toolbar on the Second Monitor Taskbar?

How to get Toolbar on the Second Monitor Taskbar?: So yeah, basically that's the question. I have a neat little Toolbar that shows my current internet usage, which is really cool, shows me when the net goes down, if it's my Net that's messing up or the service I am using. Simple enough. [img] But, when I play games or...
  9. Tweak your taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tweak your taskbar: An interresting tool windows 10 compatible to tweak taskbar 7tasbar tweaker 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeLs Blog 68132
  10. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...