Windows 10: Taskbar Volume will not open with left click

Discus and support Taskbar Volume will not open with left click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My volume control, calendar and network status on my windows 10 task-bar stopped working last week. I can still right click an choose open but I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by irblrb84, Apr 15, 2016.

1. irblrb84 Win User

Taskbar Volume will not open with left click

My volume control, calendar and network status on my windows 10 task-bar stopped working last week. I can still right click an choose open but I get all options. My quick launch still works with the left click. What happened to cause this and how do I fix it?

:)

irblrb84, Apr 15, 2016

2. volume bar

when i click on my volume icon (on my taskbar), the volume bar doesn't show up where I can slide the volume up or down. Now I have to left click it to open it and select Open Volume Mixer to adjust volume.

copper1975, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Volume Control Missing in Windows 10 upgrade

charlesdavis5, Apr 15, 2016
  4. Taskbar Volume will not open with left click

hTconeM9user, Apr 16, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Do a system restore. Pick a date when you did NOT have this problem as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 16, 2016
  6. There is a new version of the Calendar in the Store ready to update

7. davidhk Win User
    What has that got to do with the OP's problem?

Will a new version of Calendar solve OP's problem in Volume and Network ?

davidhk, Apr 16, 2016
  8. Taskbar Volume will not open with left click

Because he also mentioned Calendar

9. davidhk Win User
    And that will also solve Volume and Network ?

What makes you thing installing a new Calendar version will solve his "calendar" problem ?

davidhk, Apr 16, 2016
  10. No but once he has sorted out his problem his calendar will need updating

11. davidhk Win User
    Then let's help the OP sort out the problems FIRST.

davidhk, Apr 16, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    I think the OP is talking about the Clock/Calendar in the System Tray.

BTW, I've had it so many times where a simple 'Restart Explorer' does the trick! Perhaps it doesn't always work.

Edwin, Apr 16, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Exactly.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Volume will not open with left click - Similar Threads - Taskbar Volume open

2. Left click didn't open a foldier

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left click didn't open a foldier: Hi, okay so I opened a file called "files" and then I tried opening "games" that was inside that foldier and when I did try opening it using left click I need to click only once it opened properites of that file. This fixed when I closed foldier and opened it. Is this a bug,...
  3. Left click didn't open a foldier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click didn't open a foldier: Hi, okay so I opened a file called "files" and then I tried opening "games" that was inside that foldier and when I did try opening it using left click I need to click only once it opened properites of that file. This fixed when I closed foldier and opened it. Is this a bug,...
  4. Left click didn't open a foldier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Left clicking Volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left clicking Volume icon not working: When I try left clicking the volume icon on my taskbar it doesn’t work. Right clicking the apps on my taskbar doesn’t work either. I can left click my apps and open them, but I can’t left click my icons on the right side of the taskbar. I tried to restart my windows explorer...
  6. Can't left click items in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't left click items in Taskbar: Hello everyone, first time posting here. First thanks in advance for any help. So I am having an issue with my laptop (MSi GT73EVR 7RE) and I can't find a solution. I simply can't click on the items in my taskbar, like the Windows menu, search, or the notification area....
  7. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  8. Items on desktop will not open on left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...
  9. Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click: Just did a clean install of W10 Pro X64 on my recently inherited PC and have discovered that folders I have pinned to Explorer on the Taskbar can no longer be opened with left click. Have to use right click and the Open. This did work normally when I cloned the system from...
  10. Unable to left click on almost anything at the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to left click on almost anything at the taskbar: Hello, I know that this might be an old issue, but I tried some of the solutions mentioned earlier this year here and on other websites but none worked for me.. Is there a new fix for this issue? Thanks, 56445

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant left click volume taskbar

2. Taskbar Volume will not open with left click