Windows 10: Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode

Discus and support Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden, now when I put any app in fullscreen, the taskbar remains in place. I have to set the host taskbar to autohide to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cereberus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode

All of a sudden, now when I put any app in fullscreen, the taskbar remains in place.

I have to set the host taskbar to autohide to see the fullscreen.

It is really annoying in a hyper-v session as it hides the vm taskbar unless I autohide host taskbar

This just started recently - any ideas guys?

edit: found solution - I had to kill windows explorer.exe service from task manager and reboot. Problem sorted!

:)

cereberus, Jan 11, 2017

2. Full screen in Photo App

Please add Fullscreen button in Photo App! And please hide the taskbar when using fullscreen mode.

AlanLeungChiLun, Jan 11, 2017
  3. Taskbar isnt hiding

The windows 10 taskbar wont (Frustratingly) hide when I do anything fullscreen related. For example, In youtube it goes fullscreen, but the taskbar wont hide. Same thing with games or anything fullscreen related. one example of "Anything fullscreen related"
    is a common steam game : Unturned. the taskbar wont hide during fullscreen mode. Also, Please do not suggest auto-hide. auto-hide is as cancerous as the problem itself, In my opinion.

AndyLimaVZ, Jan 11, 2017
  4. Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode

cereberus,

It's great when you ask a question, and you provide your own answer!!

Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode [​IMG]

cottonball, Jan 12, 2017
  5. RochustCN Win User
    Well,sometimes restart works.

RochustCN, Feb 23, 2017
  6. DkGriffin Win User
    I solved this in 2 steps:

1. Open TaskManager (right click on taskbar or CTRL_ALT+DELETE)
    2. In processes, locate and Right-click on Windows Explorer , than click on Restart.

Much easier than killing it and then restarting your pc! Just simply restart it and it should work!

DkGriffin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode

1. Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar hide app

2. Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode: Windows 11 offer the option:Automatically hide the taskbarAfter selecting it, the taskbar automatically hide no matter whether at fullscreen mode.If deselecting it, the taskbar does not hide even at fullscreen mode.What I want:hide the taskbar when at fullscreen mode.show the...
  3. Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode: Windows 11 offer the option:Automatically hide the taskbarAfter selecting it, the taskbar automatically hide no matter whether at fullscreen mode.If deselecting it, the taskbar does not hide even at fullscreen mode.What I want:hide the taskbar when at fullscreen mode.show the...
  4. Today I can't hide taskbar in fullscreen mode on many games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today I can't hide taskbar in fullscreen mode on many games.: Taskbar won't go away during gameplay. I'm playing on fullscreen and games are indeed fullscreen. This is recent issue since yesterday I didn't have such problem.Today I was cleaning my keyboard and I let myself press multitude of buttons. I don't want my taskbar gone - I...
  5. Today I can't hide taskbar in fullscreen mode on many games.

Today I can't hide taskbar in fullscreen mode on many games.: Taskbar won't go away during gameplay. I'm playing on fullscreen and games are indeed fullscreen. This is recent issue since yesterday I didn't have such problem.Today I was cleaning my keyboard and I let myself press multitude of buttons. I don't want my taskbar gone - I...
  6. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background: Hello,I think this is new, when I have a fullscreen application and put it in the background my taskbar is still hidden and that is very annoying.Is this some sort of setting or just a feature?...
  7. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background: Hello,I think this is new, when I have a fullscreen application and put it in the background my taskbar is still hidden and that is very annoying.Is this some sort of setting or just a feature?...
  8. Taskbar appearing on fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar appearing on fullscreen mode: Hey, I just recently installed Windows 10 in my computer and I'm having a problem with the taskbar while on fullscreen mode on Youtube and such. Here are some screenshots I took from my problem: [ATTACH] As you can see, I'm on a youtube video on fullscreen and the...
  9. Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode removes any icons on Taskbar: Hello! I just purchased a new windows laptop, and as I was configuring the settings to display the taskbar like I it is on my desktop, I noticed a peculiar error when trying to hide the taskbar. I went to my Windows settings to check the "Automatically hide the taskbar in...
  10. taskbar in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar in fullscreen mode: Not sure if I need to put the thread here or in software but as of recently whenever I go to fullscreen mode for a video or game, no matter which application the task bar for windows still shows. I never had auto hide on before and until recently never was an issue. This is a...