Windows 10: Taskbar Windows 11

Discus and support Taskbar Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In beginning the taskbar was working. Suddenly is the taskbar inactive.The taskbar does'nt work by cursor. I can open the subwindow Windows logo or to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lutz Bobo, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Lutz Bobo Win User

Taskbar Windows 11

In beginning the taskbar was working. Suddenly is the taskbar inactive.The taskbar does'nt work by cursor. I can open the subwindow Windows logo or to start Internet acess by pressing the right button. I can not activate the field Search, not by cursor and not by button.What is the procedure for Windows 11 Pro to reactivate the taskbar? The same like Windows 10?Is it possible to get a answer in german? That would be nice.Kind RegardsLutz

:)

Lutz Bobo, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 11. I understand that Taskbar icons are not working after upgrading to Windows 11. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. What happens when you click on an icon on the Taskbar?
    2. Do you receive any error message/code?
    3. Does this issue occur with all the icons?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -User ([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name) *ShellExperienceHost* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to access the icons on the Taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 27, 2024
  3. WINDOWS 11 - Doesn't show my calendar on TaskBar

Dear Community Member,

I understand that you've been facing an issue with the calendar not displaying when you click on the time in the taskbar on Windows 11. This can indeed be frustrating, especially if you rely on the calendar for your work. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue:

1. Restart the Windows Explorer process:
      • Right-click on the taskbar and select "Task Manager" from the context menu.
      • In the "Processes" tab, locate "Windows Explorer" and right-click on it.
      • Choose "Restart" from the menu.
      • Wait for the taskbar and desktop to refresh, then check if the calendar now appears when you click on the time.
    2. Check the taskbar settings:
      • Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar and select "Taskbar settings."
      • In the settings window, scroll down to the "Notification area" section and click on "Turn system icons on or off."
      • Ensure that the "Calendar" option is set to "On."
      • If it was already enabled, toggle it off and on again, then check if the calendar appears.
    3. Update Windows 11:
      • Make sure you have the latest updates installed for Windows 11.
      • Go to "Settings" by pressing Win + I on your keyboard.
      • Click on "Windows Update" and select "Check for updates."
      • If updates are available, download and install them.
      • After the update process is complete, restart your computer and see if the calendar is now visible.
    4. Create a new user account:
      • Sometimes, issues can be specific to a user account. Creating a new account can help determine if the problem is account-related.
      • Go to "Settings" and click on "Accounts."
      • Select "Family & other users" from the left sidebar.
      • Under "Other users," click on "Add account."
      • Follow the prompts to create a new user account.
    I hope one of these suggestions helps you resolve the calendar display issue on your Windows 11 system. Let us know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

mariyanzish, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Taskbar Windows 11

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Taskbar Windows 11

1. Taskbar Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Taskbar

2. Taskbar is bigger then it looks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is bigger then it looks.: The taskbar is bigger then it looks. It has an invisible are above it. Even the selection on the desktop cuts of. I searched for a while now, and only found that it connected to a bug in windows 11 and the touch screens.I couldn't even find a registry to change and set the...
  3. Taskbar is bigger then it looks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is bigger then it looks.: The taskbar is bigger then it looks. It has an invisible are above it. Even the selection on the desktop cuts of. I searched for a while now, and only found that it connected to a bug in windows 11 and the touch screens.I couldn't even find a registry to change and set the...
  4. Desktop and Taskbar icons are not showing. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and Taskbar icons are not showing. What should I do?: Taskbar is also inaccessible. The only thing I can do is open menu by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del. It also gets stuck when I try to restart or shut down from that menu so I need to force shut down my laptop. What problem am I facing and how should I counter it ?...
  5. New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!: Hi,I just made a new user on my Dell windows 11 desktop and I logged into that user account and there is no taskbar or start. I can't even go into settings by clicking windows+I it opens for a second then it disappears. I have tried to make another account and the same thing...
  6. New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!: Hi,I just made a new user on my Dell windows 11 desktop and I logged into that user account and there is no taskbar or start. I can't even go into settings by clicking windows+I it opens for a second then it disappears. I have tried to make another account and the same thing...
  7. My taskbar glitched out please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar glitched out please help me: I just start my laptop and my taskbar already glitched i can open search but its glitched so please help me as fast as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-glitched-out-please-help-me/3871f718-c16f-450b-9759-83edda136cbc
  8. My taskbar glitched out please help me

My taskbar glitched out please help me: I just start my laptop and my taskbar already glitched i can open search but its glitched so please help me as fast as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-glitched-out-please-help-me/3871f718-c16f-450b-9759-83edda136cbc
  9. My taskbar glitched out please help me

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?: I have my Taskbar on the right side of screen in Windows 10. It used to always show just one column, which I liked. For a while now, though, it shows 2 columns, which I hate. I could not find any help in Taskbar Settings or by searching this forum. How do I get it back to...