Windows 10: Taskbar won't show when I mouse to bottom of screen

Discus and support Taskbar won't show when I mouse to bottom of screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This started after I installed the Creator update two days ago. It was working fine before. I want the taskbar to show when I mouse down to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bertie11, Apr 12, 2017.

1. bertie11 Win User

Taskbar won't show when I mouse to bottom of screen

This started after I installed the Creator update two days ago. It was working fine before.

I want the taskbar to show when I mouse down to the bottom of the screen. Since the update it will only show when there are no other windows open and disappear when I move the mouse away. So if I open a browser window then go to the bottom of the screen to maybe start another app the taskbar doesn't show and I cannot then access my apps.

I don't know if this has been raised before as I cannot find anything on a search but I would like to get the taskbar 'hiding and showing' when I mouse on the bottom of the screen.

Any suggestions please?

:)

bertie11, Apr 12, 2017
  2. Zrizt Win User

Sometimes, mousing over my auto-hidden taskbar will not show the taskbar while my browser/application is maximized.

Here's what happens. My taskbar is set to auto-hide. I'm on an application, usually a web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, or other applications such as iTunes or VLC video player, and the application is set to maximized size (not fullscreen). Normally,
    despite the application being maximized, mousing to the bottom of the screen where my taskbar is allows the taskbar to be shown. But sometimes, especially after having watched a video in fullscreen and then exiting fullscreen, mousing to the bottom of the
    screen does not show my taskbar. The only option for me is to un-maximize the window, mouse to the bottom of the screen to show the taskbar, click the taskbar, and then re-maximize the window. While a simple fix, this is a very tedious procedure as this problem
    occurs very often. Is there a way to make it so that the taskbar always shows up when moused over while an application is maximized?

I don't think it matters but I'm using a Lenovo Edge 15 laptop running Windows 10.

Zrizt, Apr 12, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Start button missing

Windows 10 opens at the desktop and not the menu.

Is there a Taskbar along the bottom of the screen? If there is there is a little windows icon at the left end. This is the start button. If the Taskbar is not there try to run the mouse arrow t the bottom of the screen and the Taskbar may show up. If
    it does then while it is up right click on a blank area of the Taskbar and select Properties and uncheck the Hide Taskbar box. Then the Taskbar will show at the bottom of the screen.

lacrumb, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. flycaster Win User
    Yeah, Bertie, we apparently are in the same boat...No solution, yet. Best i can do at the present moment is to have the taskbar always showing

flycaster, Apr 13, 2017
  6. bertie11 Win User
    Thanks for the link Bree, I was expecting/assuming that would be a lot more 'sufferers' but it seems not!

bertie11, Apr 13, 2017
  7. bertie11 Win User
    bertie11, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar won't show when I mouse to bottom of screen - Similar Threads - Taskbar won't show

2. Taskbar pops up when I mouse over to the bottom of the screen in fullscreen when in a teams...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar pops up when I mouse over to the bottom of the screen in fullscreen when in a teams...: Please don't tell me to use sfc or dism, this is a brand new installation. Tell me how to stop teams from doing this. Should I run teams in the browser? Is there a workaround. Please let me play games and pretend i'm listening to the meeting at the same time....
  3. Taskbar pops up when I mouse over to the bottom of the screen in fullscreen when in a teams...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar pops up when I mouse over to the bottom of the screen in fullscreen when in a teams...: Please don't tell me to use sfc or dism, this is a brand new installation. Tell me how to stop teams from doing this. Should I run teams in the browser? Is there a workaround. Please let me play games and pretend i'm listening to the meeting at the same time....
  4. When i was playing a game, the taskbar now shows up when i put my mouse at the bottom of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i was playing a game, the taskbar now shows up when i put my mouse at the bottom of my...: The game in question is terraria 1.4.4.9 and it only started doing this today, i have auto hide taskbar on but it still shows up even in fullscreen mode....
  5. When i was playing a game, the taskbar now shows up when i put my mouse at the bottom of my...

When i was playing a game, the taskbar now shows up when i put my mouse at the bottom of my...: The game in question is terraria 1.4.4.9 and it only started doing this today, i have auto hide taskbar on but it still shows up even in fullscreen mode....
  6. Taskbar won't unhide when cursor is at the bottom on Maximized window

Taskbar won't unhide when cursor is at the bottom on Maximized window: Hi there! As the title suggests, when I have a maximized window like chrome, discord, spotify, software I'm working with, etc...the taskbar WON'T unhide when I bring my mouse cursor to the bottom. It does it, only if the window is not maximized. I can't work like this, my...
  7. Taskbar won't show up when I hover over the bottom right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar won't show up when I hover over the bottom right: I have auto hide taskbar option enabled and it wont show up when I hover over the bottom right. This was the case when I was using win10 too. I upgraded to 11 yesterday and the problem persists. Every other part of the taskbar is okay and it shows up when I hover over it....
  8. Taskbar won't show up when I hover over the bottom right

Taskbar won't show up when I hover over the bottom right: I have auto hide taskbar option enabled and it wont show up when I hover over the bottom right. This was the case when I was using win10 too. I upgraded to 11 yesterday and the problem persists. Every other part of the taskbar is okay and it shows up when I hover over it....
  9. taskbar showing when mouse hits it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar showing when mouse hits it: when im playing a game and the mouse come over the taskbar or the topbar it shows and i dont want that to happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-showing-when-mouse-hits-it/f3ee2104-81fb-4d22-9684-48f022479749
  10. Taskbar won't show when I hoverautohide mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won't show when I hoverautohide mode: Hey, I've been having some issues with my taskbar lately. Usually it gets resolved when I end explorer.exe and start it again. This time when I do that it still doesn't work. I have the taskbar in autohide mode for desktop. I went to Tablet mode settings and told it to stay...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make taskbar appear when mouse hovers on bottom of scren

2. how to make the taskbar not appear when my mouse moves to bottom screen

3. show taskbar when mouse moves to bottom