Windows 10: Taskbar

Discus and support Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have another issue. When the Task bar is at the bottom of the screen it will not auto hide even after I have checked the auto hide box. It somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eddie21, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Eddie21 Win User

Taskbar

I have another issue.

When the Task bar is at the bottom of the screen it will not auto hide even after I have checked the auto hide box. It somehow stays locked. I have now resorted to moving it to the right side of the screen but that is problematic in itself as it is brought up every time I want to scroll down in a document or app.

Is there a fix for this that is permanent?*Think

Thanks

:)

Eddie21, Sep 17, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

TASKBAR

Hi Patricia,

Right click your Taskbar and make sure 'Lock the Taskbar' is not ticked, if it is untick it

Drag the top of the Taskbar down as far as it goes

If you still need the Taskbar smaller, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Taskbar Settings

On the Settings Page, turn on 'Use Small Taskbar Buttons'

Close the Settings App

When finished, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Lock the Taskbar'

That's about it !

DaveM121, Sep 17, 2015
  3. how to eliminate up/down arrows in taskbar and show all icons

You need to resize the Taskbar.

Right click the Taskbar, then uncheck the lock taskbar

Place your mouse pointer at the edge the drag it up.

Also, you can try using small icons on the Taskbar to accomodate more icons.

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Under Taskbar, click User small taskbar buttons.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar

1. Taskbar - Similar Threads - Taskbar

2. Can no longer start timer from taskbar search box

in Cortana
    Can no longer start timer from taskbar search box: Hi, I just recently noticed that I can no longer start a timer easily from the Windows 10 taskbar search box. Previously I was able to type "timer 23 min" and it would start a 23 minute timer immediately when I hit enter. But now the best match is under "See web results" and...
  3. Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable: Hi, please am having issues with my pc start menu, search bar and all the taskbar icons, after i update the windows 10. The start menu windows button is not working and all other taskbar icons. some settings like windows security and account settings are not working also....
  4. Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click: I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every thing else minimizes when clicking on it) I can click on the Chrome icon on the taskbar to open the browser but when I click on...
  5. Taskbar popup tabs don't fit the screen -- how to scroll them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar popup tabs don't fit the screen -- how to scroll them?: Guys I just gave in and upgraded my Windows 10 desktop/workstation. The winver gives me 1903, build 18362.239. This desktop has multiple monitors and I'm using VMWare to open multiple OS's in a second screen (the one on the right). Here's the screenshot (otherwise it's hard...
  6. How do I cleanup unwanted taskbar icons?

How do I cleanup unwanted taskbar icons?: A week or so ago I experimented with showing all the lower right icons I could just for fun. Now I am paying the price for my foolish experiment. I can't find out out to remove all but the 2 or 3 I had displayed before. This complicated by the difficulty in finding a...
  7. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  8. OneDrive icon looks different on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive icon looks different on Taskbar: I am running Windows 10 v1809 and I have not signed in to OneDrive and never will as I keep my backups offline. I noticed that the OneDrive cloud icon on the Taskbar has a line or a slash mark through it. Is this how the OneDrive icon should look like when I am not signed...
  9. Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

in Windows 10 News
    Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Task Manager is a built-in program in Windows which lets you keep a track on running processes, CPU, Memory, and other resource usage. It also offers you to remove programs from the Windows startup as well. Some pro users [...] This post Pin Task Manager...
  10. Desktop and Taskbar how to change size of icons

Desktop and Taskbar how to change size of icons: I currently have desktop icons and selected small for their size. Can I increase the size of the desktop and taskbar settings. I would like them about 25% larger....