Windows 10: Taskbar

Discus and support Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have another issue. When the Task bar is at the bottom of the screen it will not auto hide even after I have checked the auto hide box. It somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eddie21, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Eddie21 Win User

Taskbar

I have another issue.

When the Task bar is at the bottom of the screen it will not auto hide even after I have checked the auto hide box. It somehow stays locked. I have now resorted to moving it to the right side of the screen but that is problematic in itself as it is brought up every time I want to scroll down in a document or app.

Is there a fix for this that is permanent?*Think

Thanks

:)

Eddie21, Sep 17, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

TASKBAR

Hi Patricia,

Right click your Taskbar and make sure 'Lock the Taskbar' is not ticked, if it is untick it

Drag the top of the Taskbar down as far as it goes

If you still need the Taskbar smaller, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Taskbar Settings

On the Settings Page, turn on 'Use Small Taskbar Buttons'

Close the Settings App

When finished, right click the Taskbar and choose 'Lock the Taskbar'

That's about it !

DaveM121, Sep 17, 2015
  3. how to eliminate up/down arrows in taskbar and show all icons

You need to resize the Taskbar.

Right click the Taskbar, then uncheck the lock taskbar

Place your mouse pointer at the edge the drag it up.

Also, you can try using small icons on the Taskbar to accomodate more icons.

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Under Taskbar, click User small taskbar buttons.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar

1. Taskbar - Similar Threads - Taskbar

2. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 - Build 18362. Since the last 2 Windows update some icons are not showing when pinning to the task bar or when programs are open. So far the programs not showing an icon but just a white line at the bottom of the taskbar are Edge,...
  3. taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar: hey im wondering how do u make it where when u go to the bottom of ur screen with ur mouse it wont the taskbar go up ive tried locking it and f11 but nun seem to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar/e83bf87e-c134-449e-9322-fdfec1bb36f3
  4. Date and Time in the Taskbar

Date and Time in the Taskbar: I need to see the date and time in the Taskbar, I don't know how to place it, help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-in-the-taskbar/d1f6dffe-0810-448c-91a8-901c217eb73e
  5. How do I reset my taskbar in Windows 10?

How do I reset my taskbar in Windows 10?: All of a sudden, my User folder has started appearing in my Windows 10 taskbar, crowding some other needed icons out. I cannot get rid of it using the Taskbar setting. How can I reset my Taskbar so that I can start again with a "clean slate?"...
  6. setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar

setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar: I have a case# 1469569042 regarding taskbar colors, in setting colors, start task bar [ATTACH] This is grayed out and I cannot change colors [Moved from: Windows Insider Program ]...
  7. How to hide the show hidden icons arrow on the taskbar? (Windows 10)

How to hide the show hidden icons arrow on the taskbar? (Windows 10): Does anyone know how to hide the show hidden icons button on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-the-show-hidden-icons-arrow-on-the/cc4883de-2cb9-4314-85ac-a47366fd6108
  8. Taskbar Orientation

Taskbar Orientation: how do i lock taskbar position in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-orientation/a173f129-0cee-4daf-b55d-c71f88127770
  9. Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar: This is some kind of settings problem that I can’t find. I am getting unwanted icons representing previously opened emails in my task bar when I am using GMail. If I hover mouse over the icon, I get small pictures of every message I’ve opened and can ‘X’- out. How do I get...
  10. Input indicator no longer appears in the taskbar

Input indicator no longer appears in the taskbar: I've lost the language input indicator in the taskbar. Alt-Shift no longer works when switching languages. I am running Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.437). The language indicator with the keyboards I've installed still appears on the lock screen, just not in the...