Windows 10: taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

Discus and support taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jul 30, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this :

taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?! [​IMG]

:)

PRince4, Jul 30, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 30, 2018
  4. taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

1. taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?! - Similar Threads - taskhostw tying access

2. How to reactivate Windows when your key is tied to another PC that you've removed from your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reactivate Windows when your key is tied to another PC that you've removed from your...: I bought a laptop from retailer. Brought it home. Bought a license key for Windows Home. When I installed Windows I realized that the laptop given to me was wrong wrong videocard. I deleted the partition with windows on it, deleted the device from my account, brought laptop...
  3. How to reactivate Windows when your key is tied to another PC that you've removed from your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reactivate Windows when your key is tied to another PC that you've removed from your...: I bought a laptop from retailer. Brought it home. Bought a license key for Windows Home. When I installed Windows I realized that the laptop given to me was wrong wrong videocard. I deleted the partition with windows on it, deleted the device from my account, brought laptop...
  4. Taskhostw is repeating the same functions every second and playing a sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskhostw is repeating the same functions every second and playing a sound: To start off, I have completed the following steps: -Dism check and restore - sfc - Restoro system check - Virus scan Taskhostw continuously runs a create, query, close sequence every 1-2 seconds and plays Windows Background.wav every second. Yes, very annoying. This...
  5. MS Office Activation tied to what?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office Activation tied to what?: I joined this forum because of a specific problem caused by death of my hard drive. The drive wouldn't boot, but I could still read the contents. My system is a Lenovo 9960APU with Win 10 Pro 64. I got a new drive and started to rebuild from scratch. Everything was going...
  6. completely sever the tie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    completely sever the tie: How can I completely sever the link between my phone and my microsoft account? I have unlinked it several times both on my computer and my phone only to find that it was reestablished later....
  7. Bluetooth headset loses audio when OS ties to access its microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset loses audio when OS ties to access its microphone: It used to work properly recently, but now I can't make calls over Skype or Viber. When a call starts all audio on my end disables, but the interlocutor does hear my mic. Audio also turns off when I open audio & video settings in Skype, or the tab "Recording" in control...
  8. Unhandled exceptions in taskhostw started after installing VS2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unhandled exceptions in taskhostw started after installing VS2019: After installing VS2019, I've started getting unhandled exception errors from taskhostw.exe (roughly one/hour) [ATTACH] I've disabled JIT debugging but enabling it doesn't matter. I don't know if it's related to VS2019, only that it is coincident. My Windows version is...
  9. antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to...: Hi, Since 2-3 months antivirus (eset) throws warnings like below: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I want to block them but although this option is selected both applications still attempt to access the camera. Why is it happening? How can I switch them not to access the camera?...
  10. taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041