Windows 10: Tasks in the Taskbar Icons

Discus and support Tasks in the Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Is it possible to remove from the menu the functions (group name: Tasks) that are in the area surrounded by the red rectangle? All I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martian, Sep 14, 2016.

1. martian Win User

Tasks in the Taskbar Icons

Tasks in the Taskbar Icons [​IMG]

Is it possible to remove from the menu the functions
    (group name: Tasks) that are in the area surrounded
    by the red rectangle?

All I need are the functions under it.

Is there a way to rearrange the functions so they are
    (from the bottom) "Internet Explorer", "Close window",
    and "Unpin from taskbar"?

TIA.

:)

martian, Sep 14, 2016
  2. z242 Win User

Task manager icon missing from Notification area

I had the same problem as well. I brought up the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, and on the Taskbar tab, at Notification area, I clicked Customize. I then clicked "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". Task Manager was listed and was turned on,
    but its icon was blank. I turned it off and turned it on again, closed and restarted Task Manager, and the little icon now appears in the notification area. Meanwhile, in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", Task Manager now shows its proper icon
    as well.

This worked exactly the same for another program whose icon wasn't showing up properly as well.

3. Task Manager no longer minimizes to Notifications tray in v1607 Win10Pro

I have the Taskbar on the left side of my screen. I like having Task Manager running all the time. I access Task Manager frequently at times. I had it set as a tray notifications icon (little icon) when minimized on Taskbar. The little icon was
    always visible when minimized. Setting it up this way takes up a much smaller amount of space on
    Taskbar than a full size icon on the Taskbar. That way much more space remains on
    Taskbar for Icons from apps I open and close frequently. This is the way it was set up Win10 Pro 15xx. (I use 15xx because I cannot remember if it was 1511 or 1507)

I just upgraded to Win10 Pro 1607 from Win10 Pro 15xx. (I use 15xx because I cannot remember if it was 1511 or 1507)

Task Manager now minimizes to both a full size icon on Taskbar below the other full size icons AND the little icon in the Notifications Area or Tray area.
    In other words Task Manager now minimizes with TWO icons on the Taskbar.

This is the Taskbar settings and the corresponding results:

Right click Taskbar > settings > scroll down to “Notification Area” > click “select which icons appear on
    Taskbar” > :

Task Manager “On” = full size icon on Taskbar AND icon in “Notification Area” on
    Taskbar.

Task Manager “Off” = full size icon on Taskbar AND icon NOT in “Notification Area” but in the pop-out side menu when clicking little arrow above “Notification Area” on
    Taskbar.

Two questions:

1. How do I return this to the way it was in 15xx? (The way it was: no full size icon on
    Taskbar when minimized but a little icon always visible at bottom).

2. How do I set up “Services” console this way (services.msc)?
    Some installed apps only run with their services on so I toggle the associated services on and off.

I use my computer in a normal user account not an administrator account.

I am running Win10 Pro on a i7 tower 16GB memory 2TB HD and 19 inch screen (I am working on purchasing a bigger screen).
    I vigilantly keep everything updated daily. Or at least every three days I check EVERYTHING for updates.

expertbigwheelpilot2, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

Tasks in the Taskbar Icons

1. Tasks in the Taskbar Icons - Similar Threads - Tasks Taskbar Icons

2. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  3. Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar: Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.755Right click on "Start" -> Task manager --- Task manager launches with no icon on taskbarIf I use Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Search the Task manager and launch it, then icon appears as it should be....
  4. Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar: Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.755Right click on "Start" -> Task manager --- Task manager launches with no icon on taskbarIf I use Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Search the Task manager and launch it, then icon appears as it should be....
  5. Background tasks icons not hiding in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background tasks icons not hiding in taskbar: Recently I installed a windows 10 in my new pc build everything was right but the background icons in taskbar should hide in a box opening with ^ arrow but it wasnt there, i searched up in taskbar settings but found nothing can you guys please help me with this? [ATTACH]...
  6. task icon

task icon: iv accidently removed my task icon how can I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-icon/aa195f10-f062-4723-bbc4-4d43cb04ffea
  7. windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done: Windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon (lower right, Windows10) but there are no tasks to be done (all have green checkmarks). What am I missing that can leave me vulnerable?! This issue was addressed on the forum earlier this year but not satisfactorily....
  8. Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar

Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar: Before: [img] After: [img] Remove Search Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar: 1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion 3. Create a...
  9. Taskbar shows icon plus task view description

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shows icon plus task view description: I just installed Win 10 on my desktop computer. When I first used it to go to a website, it looked just like Win 8.1 – just the icon appeared after clicking and connecting. Then I tried the Show The Task View Button and since then in the task bar I see the icon plus a task...
  10. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?: Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199