Windows 10: Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal

Discus and support Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 pro 64bits and a Mi notebook pro (i7 8550u). I noticed from a month that I am having very high CPU usage from the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Skalyx, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Skalyx Win User

Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal

Hi,

I have Windows 10 pro 64bits and a Mi notebook pro (i7 8550u). I noticed from a month that I am having very high CPU usage from the task "taskmgr.exe"( Task Manager itself). The CPU usage is about -17-42 %. Here are the things I did and tried:

• Update Windows 10
    • Run scan (deep, quick, offline) from Windows Defender and BitDefender 2019 Total security
    • Updated all my drivers from DriverBooster 5.5.1
    • Runned SFC /scannow
    • Rebooted my PC
    • Did a clean of temp files
    • Removed all the useless programms
    • Tried to do wmic cpu loadpercentage without task manager opened and got an average of 1-7 %
    • Tried without any program launched....same problem

There is something even more strange. Whenever I close any program the task manager reduces its usage.... But the CPU still stay at high usage. I don't have much time to reset my PC. Please help me. I will be very thankful.

Best regards,

:)

Skalyx, Aug 14, 2018
  2. JaYp146 Win User

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Aug 14, 2018
  4. selsmoran Win User

Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU

Hi. Runtime Broker starts-runs and consumes allmost
    all CPU-time.
    Laptop fan keeps running until I stop the process.
    Tried different suggestions but it still keeps starting.
    E.g. disabling time broker service.
    Problem still occurs for some reason.
    Please help with how you solved it.

selsmoran, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal - Similar Threads - Tasmgr exe consumming

2. pc consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc consuming too much data: im not even using anything on my pc still its consuming so much data and even i have set my wifi as metered connection turned off sync live title off background apps off and everything else but its still consuming so much net...
  3. pc consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc consuming too much data: im not even using anything on my pc still its consuming so much data and even i have set my wifi as metered connection turned off sync live title off background apps off and everything else but its still consuming so much net...
  4. WMI Provider Host consume too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host consume too much CPU: Sorry for my english I tried everything to solve this...1.- It's not a malware or virus2.- I reinstall practically everything of the drivers of my pc 3.- I stop, inicialize and restart the process but some actions requiered some "admin privileges" for some reason... but......
  5. WMI Provider Host consume too much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider Host consume too much CPU: Sorry for my english I tried everything to solve this...1.- It's not a malware or virus2.- I reinstall practically everything of the drivers of my pc 3.- I stop, inicialize and restart the process but some actions requiered some "admin privileges" for some reason... but......
  6. WMI Provider Host consume too much CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. delivery optimization is consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delivery optimization is consuming too much data: Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc, so i did the following: disabled delivery optimization in windows setting. didn't work disabled " allow downloads from...
  8. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  9. "System interrupts" in Task Manager is consuming too much of the CPU

"System interrupts" in Task Manager is consuming too much of the CPU: Whenever I check Task Manager, the "System interrupts" process is well above 8% of the CPU, some times even going as high as 16%. I looked into Event Viewer and I got lots of WHEA-17 and Kernel-Processor-Power Warning logs. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I...
  10. Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU

Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU: I am running Windows 10 which is fully up to date, it is causing the PC to run very slowly and the mouse to lag and jump about. how can I rectify this?...