Windows 10: TC/Ip warning when I select my DNS servers

Discus and support TC/Ip warning when I select my DNS servers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do I get this warning about conflicts when I use my choice of DNS servers? [img] Thanks 34413 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sportflyer, Dec 18, 2015.

1. TC/Ip warning when I select my DNS servers

Why do I get this warning about conflicts when I use my choice of DNS servers?
    TC/Ip warning when  I select my DNS servers [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

sportflyer, Dec 18, 2015

2. DNS Error

IP and DNS Setting

Type ncpa.cpl in Windows start > Right click on your network > Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Hit properties > Make sure below ones are checked

Obtain an IP Address Automatically

Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically

You can also try Google DNS

Select Use the following DNS Server Addresses

Preferred DNS Server - 8.8.8.8

ALternate DNS Server - 8.8.4.4

Try Open DNS

Preferred DNS server : 208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS server : 208.67.220.220

E for Excel, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Reset Cached DNS in Windows 10

Hi,

I have not seen in the above posts that you did a manual configuration of the DNS server. Have you done these steps below?

1."To specify an IP address, select Use the following IP address, and then, in the
    IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway boxes, type the IP address settings."

2.To specify a DNS server address, select Use the following DNS server addresses, and then, in the
    Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.

We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Shirlen Agu, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

TC/Ip warning when I select my DNS servers

1. TC/Ip warning when I select my DNS servers - Similar Threads - warning select DNS

2. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  3. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  4. DNS servers

DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  5. DNS Servers

DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  6. Internet stops working when I change DNS Server IP on Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when I change DNS Server IP on Windows Server 2019: I'm trying to set up Windows Server 2019. I've set static IP on server machine192.168.0.107. And When I give the same IP for DNS server. Internet stops working. Both the static IP192.168.0.107 and DNS server IP192.168.0.107 should be the same, shouldn't it? When I give the...
  7. Internet stops working when I change DNS Server IP on Windows Server 2019

Internet stops working when I change DNS Server IP on Windows Server 2019: I'm trying to set up Windows Server 2019. I've set static IP on server machine192.168.0.107. And When I give the same IP for DNS server. Internet stops working. Both the static IP192.168.0.107 and DNS server IP192.168.0.107 should be the same, shouldn't it? When I give the...
  8. Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration

Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration: Hi all, I'm trying to manually set the IP configuration on my Windows 10 last build PC. When I fill the field "Preferred DNS", I'm getting an error "Can't save IP settings. Check one or more settings and try again". [ATTACH] I tried to configure the DNS address also in...
  9. DNS server

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS server: I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail....
  10. IP, DNS, confussion

IP, DNS, confussion: Why do I get a different ip address showing on different network scanner apps? I’ve looked up the addresses in Whois and all I’m getting back is this is a private address. I don’t understand how they differ from apps. Now DNS this just goes straight over my head. I just...