Windows 10: tcp fast open

Discus and support tcp fast open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is tcp fast open a good thing to do or is it useless or dangerous 88073 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wood, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Wood Win User

tcp fast open

Is tcp fast open a good thing to do or is it useless or dangerous

:)

Wood, Jul 2, 2017

2. A Faster Web Browser for Windows 10?

Yes, you can always try to use Internet Explorer. However, to enable TCP Fast Open in Microsoft Edge for quicker page load times, kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Edge browse
    • Click the "..." button on the upper right corner of your Edge browser.
    • At the bottom of the page check that you have EdgeHTML 14.14361 version or higher.
    • Click on the address bar and type about:flags and hit Enter.
    • Under Networking, click on TCP Fast Open.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge.
    Looking forward on your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jul 2, 2017
  3. microsoft edge issue loading commen website after updating to latest creators edition update

I found this on another site and it worked form me.

1) Type about:flags in the Microsoft Edge address bar

2) Scroll down to the Networking section (near the bottom) and uncheck Enable TCP Fast Open

3) Restart the browser

RossHilbert, Jul 2, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

tcp fast open

It does seem to speed it up and its simple to remove if it gives problems so its worth a try

Samuria, Jul 2, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    As far as I know, it is still an experiment and can cause issues. What is the reason you want to use fast open? RFC 7413 - TCP Fast Open

bro67, Jul 3, 2017
  6. Wood Win User
    I am always looking for more speed, unfortunately when I applied it 2 web sites lost sound, both of them my chess sites where I play chess with solid players, I uninstalled and all is fine so far as I can tell.

Wood, Jul 3, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    You are not going to get more speed out of TCP. You can only go as fast as your provider allows you to. Ping times are like driving on a Interstate during rush hour, including what add-ons your browser is using, the speed of your device, the amount of RAM, what you are running in the background.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

tcp fast open

1. tcp fast open - Similar Threads - tcp fast open

2. Бат файл, tcp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Бат файл, tcp.: Есть батники, запускаю от имени администратора, были сделаны для хороших ударов в игре, быстрых. @Echo off color fc pause ipconfig /flushdns for /f "tokens=3" %%a in 'sc queryex "BITS" ^ findstr "PID"' do set pid=%%a >nul 2>&1 wmic process where ProcessId=%pid% CALL...
  3. Бат файл, tcp.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Бат файл, tcp.: Есть батники, запускаю от имени администратора, были сделаны для хороших ударов в игре, быстрых. @Echo off color fc pause ipconfig /flushdns for /f "tokens=3" %%a in 'sc queryex "BITS" ^ findstr "PID"' do set pid=%%a >nul 2>&1 wmic process where ProcessId=%pid% CALL...
  4. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCP and UDP connections: I was looking at the connections on my Win10 workstation and noticed an EC2 connection. I don’t use or have an AWS account.What TCP and UDP connections should be there?...
  5. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TCP and UDP connections: I was looking at the connections on my Win10 workstation and noticed an EC2 connection. I don’t use or have an AWS account.What TCP and UDP connections should be there?...
  6. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. TCP/IPv4 Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TCP/IPv4 Properties: Hello . I have one question . I have currently a DNS server addresses configured inside the router settings configuration . the question is : is better also set in the "use the following DNS server addresses " the same DNS server addresses that are set in the...
  8. Excessive TCP connections open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excessive TCP connections open: I recently noticed that even immediately after rebooting my system (Windows 10x64 Pro) but I have around 200 TCP connections open before I even begin opening Internet Explorer, Outlook etc. I'm attaching a file taken with TCPviewer immediately after a recent reboot. Any...
  9. Enable or Disable TCP Fast Open for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable TCP Fast Open for Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable TCP Fast Open for Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable TCP Fast Open for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid in Windows 10 build 16299.15. [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web...
  10. Building faster secure web w/ TCP Fast Open, TLS False Start, TLS 1.3

in Windows 10 News
    Building faster secure web w/ TCP Fast Open, TLS False Start, TLS 1.3: Performance and security matter to everyone. Better page load performance improves the user’s experience and influences their choice over which web pages to use. At the same time, users just expect their browsing experience to be secure and private. With TCP Fast Open, TLS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tcp fast open windows rdp

2. how to enable tcp fast open

3. disabilitare tcp fast open in microsoft edge

4. tcp fast open internet explorer