Windows 10: Teaming up in the war on tech support scams

Discus and support Teaming up in the war on tech support scams in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I send every call from a number I don't recognize to voice mail. Scammers almost never leave messages. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by larc919, Apr 4, 2018.

1. larc919 Win User

Teaming up in the war on tech support scams

I send every call from a number I don't recognize to voice mail. Scammers almost never leave messages.

larc919, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Teaming up in the war on tech support scams Microsoft Secure

Brink, Apr 20, 2018
  3. Faith Win User
    My war against tech support scammers: Burner cards and a virtual box. Wasted time for them, fun time for me.*Devil

:)

Faith, Apr 21, 2018
  4. CarolLJ Win User

Scam warnings

Follow either my link, or Don's steps, in this thread for getting rid of popup tech support scams. If you follow my link, no need to run those programs since not infection.

Edit: fixed broken link

Pop Up and Voice Alert Microsoft RDN Trojan Worm - Windows 10

Info on tech support scams and how to avoid them:

Tech Support Scams
    Tech Support Scams

Tech Support Scams use new Tricks to Hold Browsers Hostage
    Tech Support Scams use new Tricks to Hold Browsers Hostage

Beware of US-based Tech Support Scams

Beware of US-based Tech Support Scams - Malwarebytes Labs

PSA: Tech Support Scams Pop-Ups on the Rise

PSA: Tech Support Scams Pop-Ups on the Rise - Malwarebytes Labs

CarolLJ, Apr 21, 2018
  5. PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 21, 2018
  6. I get a "Hello I am from Windows" call once or twice a month. How long I keep them on the phone depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Some days its fun to mess with them and try and ruin "their" day.
    Something does need to be done about it though, its getting ridiculous IMHO.

alphanumeric, Apr 21, 2018
  7. Winuser Win User
    When I have the time I try to waste as much of their time as I can. Then I'll say, You said I have a problem with my Windows computer. That's strange because I own a Apple computer. They immediately hang up. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 21, 2018
  8. Cliff S New Member

[youtube]DFRbUhhQmZs[/youtube]

Cliff S, Apr 21, 2018
  9. My war on scammers is a high pitched whistle when they call - guaranteed, they don't dare call again! *Wink

AthanasianCreed, Apr 22, 2018
  10. Borg 386 Win User
    Windows warning: Tech-support scammers are ramping up attacks, says Microsoft | ZDNet

Borg 386, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Teaming up in the war on tech support scams - Similar Threads - Teaming war tech

2. tech support scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support scam: We are working to clear up a tech support scam. The scammer was connected to us after calling the number listed for MS tech support. Here is the contact infor for the person we talked to who ran us through a scan using UltraView software. After that the person transferrred us...
  3. tech support scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support scam: We are working to clear up a tech support scam. The scammer was connected to us after calling the number listed for MS tech support. Here is the contact infor for the person we talked to who ran us through a scan using UltraView software. After that the person transferrred us...
  4. Tech support scam popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tech support scam popup: A tech support scam page just popped up as I was online, claiming it is my Windows Defender Security Center. WHAT do I do now? How to get rid of it and keep my computer safe? I have not touched anything on the screen/page since it popped up. And I have few technical computer...
  5. Tech Support Scam

Tech Support Scam: I fell for a tech support scam a long time ago and the refund overpayment scam I got my money back for the refund scam and now ever since December 2019, they have been ringing me non-stop. Tried blocking the numbers nut they always ring back on different numbers. Any advice?...
  6. tech support scams

tech support scams: What if someone did give remote access to one of these tech support scams? What can they expect and what do they do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/tech-support-scams/6cf84899-3796-4dda-a0d6-d9f1eaad6b41
  7. Tech support scam?

Tech support scam?: Hello everyone. I have received 3 calls this morning from an uknown number. On the first 2 after hearing "hello" i hung up. I live in Greece and thought that it was a mistake. They called a third time in which i talked to them. They told me that they were calling from...
  8. Tech Support Scam

Tech Support Scam: Hello, I received a call which turns out to be the Www.support.me scam I suspected it was something bogus but played along (making him repeat everything a number o times) until reaching the point where he wanted me to connect to www.support.me. At which point he got...
  9. Tech Support Scam

Tech Support Scam: Is myphonesupport a scam? Or are they parteners with microsoft? Made no payments to them and did not allow remote connection. Just want to make sure I talked to safe people....
  10. Microsoft teams up with Better Business Bureau on tech support scams

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft teams up with Better Business Bureau on tech support scams: Tech support fraud is a growing problem at home and abroad, with hundreds of thousands falling victim to fraudsters claiming to be from reputable technology companies and peddling unnecessary “repair services” for phony computer viruses or malware. Today, the Better Business...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is Restart and update to stay in support a hoax?