Windows 10: Teamspeak 3 causing mouse cursor to crash

Discus and support Teamspeak 3 causing mouse cursor to crash in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have just done the upgrade from windows 7 64 Bit, To Windows 10 andi must say i am enjoying the fresh new look so far but i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by briand88, Jan 4, 2016.

1. briand88 Win User

Teamspeak 3 causing mouse cursor to crash

Hello everyone,

I have just done the upgrade from windows 7 64 Bit, To Windows 10 andi must say i am enjoying the fresh new look so far but i have a minor yet annoying issue. I have noticed when i double click on teamspeak3 and then try and connect to a server it cause my steelseries rivals mouse cursor to just LOCK and i cannot do anything apart from restart the computer.

i have tried the following and they have not worked.

1. uninstall/reinstall teamspeak 3 deleting all previous files/folders.
    2. closing down the steelseries software before opening teamspeak.
    3. unplugging and reconnecting USB steelseries mouse it mreley powers down then back on but cursor remains locked in last position.

However when i plug in a different mouse during the "lock" with the steelseries mouse still connected i can use the cursor ONLY with the second mouse not the steelseries as it remains locked, but as soon as i close teamspeak the steelseries mouse starts to work again. the only way i can use teamspeak with the rival is right click and run as admin. I have tried to set it to always run as admin via right click properties and choosing the appropriate box and as far as i beleive this worked but still cause the crash i have to actually maually right click run as admin.

I can normally open team speak via the double click method and when its open the mouse is fine its as soon as I connect to a server the lock up occurs.

after a fresh install of teamspeak the normal double click method worked and there was no crash but as soon as i restart the computer the problem re-occurs.

I understand this is a very minor problem but i didnt have this issue in windows 7 i could just double click and away i go, now if i do this i have to either restart the system OR connect another mouse close teamspeak and then right click run as with the steelseries mouse. i have noticed since upgrading to windows 10 my mouse has sort of frozen on other screens but only for a split second but something isnt right.

My next option would be uninstalling and reinstalling the steelseries software but I do have a few profiles so would rather not go down this route but if its the only option then needs must. perhaps removing the mouse drivers? but as i am not familiar with windows 10 yet if that is an option would someone be kind enough to talk me through.

*******EDIT*******

The right click and run as admin is not working now only when I restart the system does this method work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Brian

:)

briand88, Jan 4, 2016
  2. RelDell Win User

Remove xbox from OS win10

how do i remove xbox installed on 3/6/2018 and seems to be causing problems. mouse cursor is moving around and changing screens.

RelDell, Jan 4, 2016
  3. enderep12 Win User
    xbox one controller crash

Guys, I installed the "new" KB3140768 and the problem still persists.

But I was able to fix it. Are you by any chance using Teamspeak 3?

HOW TO FIX:

If yes: Go to Teamspeak Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys and set the mode in the bottom right (dropdown) from "Standard" to "Keyboard & Mouse only" (translation might vary - I have a German client).

Since I did this, the controller is working flawlessly with the newest driver & KB3140768.

enderep12, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

Teamspeak 3 causing mouse cursor to crash

1. Teamspeak 3 causing mouse cursor to crash - Similar Threads - Teamspeak causing mouse

2. Mouse cursor flashes 3 times before opening a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor flashes 3 times before opening a folder?: My mouse cursor all of a sudden freezes and flashes, turning to the Working in Background Icon and taking a beat to open the folder as if it's thinking about it. If I navigate on the left side of a Windows browser, no flashing. I do it on the right side and it flashes the...
  3. Mouse cursor flashes 3 times before opening a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor flashes 3 times before opening a folder?: My mouse cursor all of a sudden freezes and flashes, turning to the Working in Background Icon and taking a beat to open the folder as if it's thinking about it. If I navigate on the left side of a Windows browser, no flashing. I do it on the right side and it flashes the...
  4. Mouse cursor flashes 3 times before opening a folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse movement causes system crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement causes system crash: - When in safe mode, mouse + keyboard functionality works perfectly but when out of safe mode, the system is stuck in reboot mode with the slightest movement of the mouse. - Also when I'm not in the safe mood I am able to use the keyboard for long periods of time with no...
  6. Location of mouse cursor causing programs to fail to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Location of mouse cursor causing programs to fail to start: Issue description: Programs will crash while loading if, and only if, my mouse cursor is active on my second screen. Originally, this affected only one program and I've been in communication with that vendor who've been a bit stumped. However, it has since affected a...
  7. Disorted and garbled sound in skype,discord,teamspeak 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disorted and garbled sound in skype,discord,teamspeak 3: Hi guys, Does anyone have the same problem as me and my gf after upgrading to windows 10 version 1809? The sound from programs like skype,discord,teamspeak 3 is disorted and garbled while other sounds from games and youtube and windows itself are just fine. 1803 didnt had...
  8. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...
  9. Teamspeak 3 Client: How To Completely Remove it?

Teamspeak 3 Client: How To Completely Remove it?: Hi all, I want to completely remove Teamspeak 3 because I was just banned from a Teamspeak server and I'm VERY worried that the server that banned me will be able to see which servers I join from now on. Is this possible? I was banned for no reason because I didn't even...
  10. Teamspeak 3 Error: The TSDNS server '208.146.44.1' does not know '***'

Teamspeak 3 Error: The TSDNS server '208.146.44.1' does not know '***': Hey guys, I literally just updated to the new Teamspeak 3 client and now when I try to join my Teamspeak server it says this "The TSDNS server '208.********' does not know '****.ts3.******.com'. I took out the letters and inserted the asterisks. How can I find out the...