Windows 10: Tech Scam

Discus and support Tech Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was just scammed by person claiming to be with Microsoft using Microsoft trademark as they got into my computer. I paid no money, but since they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanBannister, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Tech Scam

I was just scammed by person claiming to be with Microsoft using Microsoft trademark as they got into my computer. I paid no money, but since they gained access to my computer, I assume I'm in danger re bank accounts, etc. What should my next steps be for my safety?

:)

DanBannister, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Tech Scam?

Hi Troy,

If you did not initiate this request for service, then it's called a tech support scam. It's a strategy in tricking you to pay for unnecessary technical services. Microsoft doesn't send unsolicited messages or request personal information to diagnose and
    repair your device. Any communication we have with you must be initiated only by you.

It's best to back up your files and get in touch with Answer Desk. You can set a callback or schedule a call on this
    link. For your reference on what to do with these kinds of scam and threat, you can check the following
    links:

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Erika Aro, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Tech Scam

1. Tech Scam - Similar Threads - Tech Scam

2. Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed: My husband contacted me today while I was out and said his computer had been hacked and hit with spyware. He did not call the number on his computer screen but instead got on his phone and googled what he thought was a Microsoft support phone number 888-387-4005 and that he...
  3. Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed: My husband contacted me today while I was out and said his computer had been hacked and hit with spyware. He did not call the number on his computer screen but instead got on his phone and googled what he thought was a Microsoft support phone number 888-387-4005 and that he...
  4. tech support scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support scam: We are working to clear up a tech support scam. The scammer was connected to us after calling the number listed for MS tech support. Here is the contact infor for the person we talked to who ran us through a scan using UltraView software. After that the person transferrred us...
  5. tech support scam

tech support scam: We are working to clear up a tech support scam. The scammer was connected to us after calling the number listed for MS tech support. Here is the contact infor for the person we talked to who ran us through a scan using UltraView software. After that the person transferrred us...
  6. Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?: I contacted Microsoft support regarding my windows activation. I don’t even know if I went to the correct website but his number +1425635-2970 called me seconds later from Bellevue, WA saying that are the Microsoft support team with a heavy Indian accent to the the point...
  7. Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?

Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?: I contacted Microsoft support regarding my windows activation. I don’t even know if I went to the correct website but his number +1425635-2970 called me seconds later from Bellevue, WA saying that are the Microsoft support team with a heavy Indian accent to the the point...
  8. Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. My father appears to have fallen for a tech scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My father appears to have fallen for a tech scam: My father says he had a screen pop up about a major hack with a Microsoft number to call , the laptop wouldn’t let him do anything so he had called the number ..He has a lot of numbers and stuff written down but has no idea what they were for and that the guy on the phone...
  10. My father appears to have fallen for a tech scam

My father appears to have fallen for a tech scam: My father says he had a screen pop up about a major hack with a Microsoft number to call , the laptop wouldn’t let him do anything so he had called the number ..He has a lot of numbers and stuff written down but has no idea what they were for and that the guy on the phone...