Windows 10: Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL

Discus and support Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there For those of you who have MSDN or the last few days of TechNet and you want to keep your Keys for your downloads in a nice easy file do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Oct 28, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL

Hi there

For those of you who have MSDN or the last few days of TechNet and you want to keep your Keys for your downloads in a nice easy file do the following.

1) on the subscriber Product keys page chose EXPORT to XML
    2) Save as an XML file
    3) Now open with EXCEL
    4) Save as xlsx
    5) Now you've got a nice easy spreadsheet.

My final TechNet day is tomorrow so I'm grabbing my keys and other things I might want like some servers !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 28, 2014
  2. DesCahill Win User

Fully legitimate MSDN copy of Windows 10 Enterpise has deactivated itself after 2 years with no hardware changes or OS reinstalls

It is my own personal copy from my own MSDN subscription - current and fully paid up - both the installation iso and product key were obtained from MSDN subscriber downloads.

DesCahill, Oct 28, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Pro OEM Key Is actually Developer Key?

The support agent is confused. They might be mixing MSDN/TechNet licenses with OEM keys.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 28, 2014
  4. Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL

Is there any chance M$ will have a change of heart and restore the Technet system? They are only hurting the very people who unofficially support support their products as well as those small businesses that do. Another way of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Indianatone, Oct 28, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I don't think so -- it's a pity as MSDN is FAR TO EXPENSIVE for individual users who just want to learn about servers or try out all sorts of Software.

The problem was that Ms was FAR TOO GENEROUS with the initial program - giving people almost unlimited access to quite expensive software with 10 multiple use keys was really silly -- no wonder a load of that stuff made its way out to the wild.

The best we can hope for now is I think quite a generous "Preview" system where people can test / play with all sorts of software for up to 180 days -- that should be more than enough.

The current system is obviously not good for "HOME TESTERS" -- especially if you want to try say Windows in a VM and you have to activate it immediately. At least with Windows 7 and earlier you had 30 days before the product had to be activated so even in that period you could try it out on all sorts of configurations.

I'm sure the majority of people on these boards have more than ONE computer !!!.

Ms also gets a lot of FREE testing from people like us -- we don't have to request a period when we can re-boot a test server or plug in a new piece of hardware. We can just DO it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 28, 2014
  6. Kari Win User
    Jimbo, my last TechNet subscription expired in January, April if you count the 90 day extension Microsoft gave to all subscribers when they announced the death of TechNet:

Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL [​IMG]

I of course had saved the product keys but it seems to be unnecessary, I can still log in and get the keys from TechNet page:

Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL [​IMG]

7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Useful bit of info !!! but if you didn't know it then it seemed to be better to save the keys. !! It only took a few secs to save in the spreadsheet.

I'm primarily interested in the SERVERS. I might just grab VISTA just for running it in a VM but that's about all I need these days as I've downloaded everything else I *might* need.

Actually Windows XP 64 bit edition is great as a VM !!! never messed around with that before and you can still load 32 bit drivers too if you want to run old scanners etc,

Thanks again for the info.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 28, 2014
  8. Kari Win User

Your advice was and is of course valid and useful, I just wanted to tell that apparently the keys will be visible quite a long time.

9. Charlie Win User
    Yep. Don't think that good deal will be back anytime soon. To bad for us and Microsoft also. I was happily paying the small cost for having any operating system I needed to use to fix a persons maleware nightmare or whatever. I like to think there is something like that coming back to us soon but I am a dreaming. Good luck to all

Charlie, Oct 28, 2014
  10. pparks1 Win User
    Nope, not going to happen. Reason being...Microsoft already offers free eval copies of the stuff that most people would have been testing with anyway. 90-180 day trials are more then enough for the type of testing that would need to be done. Those who were using it longer, were mostly using their "eval" licenses in their own "production" environment...which was NEVER the point of the Technet program to begin with.

For those with more of a legit business concern, we can do MSDN subscriptions. For example, the OS only subscription which provides all versions of the OS's is around $699 a year.

pparks1, Oct 28, 2014
  11. strollin Win User
    My subscription expires this coming Sunday. *Sad

Thanks for the reminder for me to get busy and download whatever I may need before then (as well as the keys).

strollin, Oct 28, 2014
  12. Phone Man Win User
    My subscription expired over a year ago and my keys that I claimed are still available to me. Just cant download anything or claim new keys.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 29, 2014
  13. DavidY Win User

I don't know - it's possible that they're planning to kill off those bits of the Technet website when the last subscription end dates are up (which must only be a week or two away now).

I think I'll be saving the keys as Jimbo suggests...

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL - Similar Threads - Technet Msdn Subscribers

2. Technet Forums Unreachable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Technet Forums Unreachable?: I searched for forums for help with IIS 10 and found some links through Google, but when I visit the site, it seems to be down. I remember being able to access this site a few years ago.Is there another site with IT help that I can...
  3. Is MSDN product key illegal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is MSDN product key illegal?: Hello,Is MSDN product key which came with a workstation illegal? There are many workstations at office that came with Windows product key and it works normal. I have been told that you can't use it in a production environment at office, you need to buy a new product key for...
  4. Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key

Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key: Hi, Recently I found a lot of ad selling Windows 10 for under $10 telling that it is OEM key. I'm curious if that is truly OEM key or it is MSDN key. Is there any way to check the type of license? and I heard that "slmgr/dli" can check license type but cannot check MSDN...
  5. Money in Excel is now available to Microsoft 365 subscribers in U.S.

in Windows 10 News
    Money in Excel is now available to Microsoft 365 subscribers in U.S.: Managing personal finances can be a daunting prospect for most people, but having the right tools can help make it less challenging. While millions of people use Excel to track their budgets, manually updating a budget spreadsheet every month with the latest transactions can...
  6. Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????

Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????: Hi there I tried re-installing Windows 8.1 Enterprise that I downloaded from TechNet during my subscription --it's the VL multiple activation one. The Keys don't activate it any more -- I've only activated it about 3 times and it IS a VL one with Multiple activations...
  7. Old Technet keys still valid for W10 installs -you can still get keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Technet keys still valid for W10 installs -you can still get keys: Hi folks If anybody was a member of the old TechNet system and have keys from those days -- W7 / W8 /W8.1 keys are still valid to be used for W10 installs. If you haven't got your keys or lost them you can still logon (use your Microsoft ID) and get your keys -- export...
  8. Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available: Hi there For those who were previous TechNet subscribers -- you CAN still get your keys even if you can't download the products any more. This is good for people who for example want to get a W10 licence -- you can enter a VALID W7 / W8 / W8.1 key for example for W10...
  9. Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys: Hi there If you still need to create some Free W10 updates before expiry (Jul 29) and you were an old technet subscriber - you can still log on and get ALL your keys. The easy way is to save to XML (there's export to XML at the top right hand corner after you've logged in)...
  10. Win 10 Mobile Enterprise vers. 1511 now available for MSDN subscribers

in Windows 10 News
    Win 10 Mobile Enterprise vers. 1511 now available for MSDN subscribers: Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise version 1511 now available for MSDN subscribers Microsoft has now released Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise version 1511 for subscribers to its MSDN service. This is the more secure version of the OS for business and enterprise customers....