Windows 10: Technical preview upgrade help

Discus and support Technical preview upgrade help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; okay so i have a version of windows 10 already the technical preview version 9926 and i know that not everyone has their update as yet and has to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Samira, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Samira Win User

Technical preview upgrade help

okay so i have a version of windows 10 already
    the technical preview version 9926
    and i know that not everyone has their update as yet and has to wait
    but is it the same for the people who already have a version of windows 10?
    do i still have to wait or do i have to do something else ?
    please tell me i'm not sure what to do
    thank you

:)

Samira, Jul 28, 2015

2. Need help to upgrade technical preview to final version or downgrade to previous build Technical preview upgrade help :(

Thought your post stated that you could not go back to Windows 7 from build 10041. If you can reinstall windows 7 and make sure it is activated, you can upgrade to W10 for free from W7.

But you cannot upgrade from insider/preview build 10041 to free windows 10 rtm build. The installation for windows 10 can be completed but you will not be able to activate it. All free upgrades must come from activated windows 7 or 8.1 to get Windows 10
    activation.

This Microsoft site gives all possible ways to activate Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

Jmarco0921, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Need help to upgrade technical preview to final version or downgrade to previous build Technical preview upgrade help :(

Hey guys, having some Trouble with the tech preview build 10041.

The popup with the consistent restarts came up and wants me to update to win10 final Version.

I tried it but at there was a error message after 2h. in that said it Fails to check if there is enough space to install,but there should be?

(set the System back to the state when my brother bought it before trying,he told me he had win 7 but it still loaded tech prev build) so almost nothing is installed on the System, what Kind of space it checks?

the Problem is that ist restarts every couple of hours so its hard to get the upgrade going besides the Problem that it failed to check for space.

i m scared of the day it shuts completly down and wont start anymore which will happen i red if i dont upgrade the tech build so even a downgrade back to 7 or 8 is fine but Keep in mind i set it already back to the state how it was bought so idk if thats an
    Option anymore.

Pls guys any fix to the failed to check for space issue or an easy guide to set it back to prev Versions?

sorry for my english i am not that expericend with pc Systems.

Greetings Matthias

matthias Ni., Jul 28, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Build 9926 is months old, how long have you been running it? You should be on Build 10240 by now (RTM build) if you've been an Insider for any length of time.

Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    Go here:

Windows 10

If 9926 wasn't installed as an upgrade over Win 7 or 8.1, I'm not sure that the build in the link (10240) will activate.

bobkn, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Samira Win User
    my friend gave me this version, i knew it had to update but i never actually figured out ow and due to school i never got the chance to get around to it so thank you i will check the link you sent

Samira, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    If you've only just installed it it won't activate. The Insider program is closed and activation of Insider builds has been suspended.

Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Samira Win User

so what do i do
    reinstall 7 or 8 and try to force it?
    or wait?

Samira, Jul 29, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Samira Win User
    okay ill do just that
    thank you boozad and bunny for your help

Samira, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Technical preview upgrade help - Similar Threads - Technical preview upgrade

2. technical help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    technical help: There are no administrator admin accounts on my PC and i need one to download the stuff i need. I'm not able to change my own account to admin since i need a admin account on my PC to do it. is there anything i can do to fix this? Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of...
  3. Upgrading windows Technical preview from 10130 to 10158

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading windows Technical preview from 10130 to 10158: Will the updates install new version or I have to download version 10158 and reinstall it? 7596
  4. Downloading Technical preview ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Technical preview ISO: Don't I have to convert this file before putting it on the HD? 3159
  5. Cant install the technical preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install the technical preview: Hi, Im trying to install the technical preview on a partition on my SSD, but everytime i do it i get the an error message along the lines that windows can't be installed on a MBR partition. Ive done some googleing and it got something to do with with EUFI in the BIOS....
  6. win 10 technical preview

win 10 technical preview: Hi all downloaded latest win 10 (10162) TP yesterday but can only install on any instance of windows im using that time of installation be it 7 or 8 ..... or on a Virtual Box, but not a drive of my choice ?, will this be the same for the final release of win 10 or will u be...
  7. Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem

Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem: I am trying to install Windows 10 Tech Preview : WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso 3.81 GB (4,100,497,408 bytes), have checked sha1 also. But I am not able to install even after repeated attempts. Below is the system info and my Bios options available in my laptop....
  8. Office Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Office Technical Preview: Microsoft has a private Office 2016 beat group who have access to the next version of Office, and if you feel bummed that you were not included in the group, there is now a way to download the bits. If you head to the source link below, you can now sign up for the Office...
  9. Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview: Post your strange experiences with Windows Technical Preview so we can hash over them a while! *Smile I'll start: For example, if you may be running WTP in a dual boot scenario and perform a 'Refresh' with media from PC Settings, it might seem like the process saves some...
  10. Windows Server Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview: At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server Technical Preview provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities spanning server...