Windows 10: Tell me a way exists to remove "new" from start menu folders?

Discus and support Tell me a way exists to remove "new" from start menu folders? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my pc is several years old. Thats several years of tweaking, customizing, installing, and getting things EXACTLY how i like them and have used them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klepp0906, Apr 2, 2017.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Tell me a way exists to remove "new" from start menu folders?

So my pc is several years old. Thats several years of tweaking, customizing, installing, and getting things EXACTLY how i like them and have used them for quite some time.

I just had a crash which forced a hard reset. Due to what I can only assume is the way I have the cache set up (write back) it mucked up some data.

At first I couldnt see anything in my start menu, it was just empty. After a hiding and unhiding of the folders in programdata, they all show again.

With one caveat..
    now every single folder and every single item in said folders - carries the "new" label as if i just installed them! My options are A) clicking on and opening every single thing I have installed or B) hopefully some way to mass remove this new appended label that you guys can suggest *Smile

help!

:)

klepp0906, Apr 2, 2017

2. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

Every single number.. No i've tested in on my mothers phone and her ID isn't set on private but still doesn't show. When i miss the call it automatically sends me a message saying who called, well if there number isn't on private.

hamburglar1, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

I've had this problem since ever... Whenever i recieve a call it doesn't show the caller. All it says is " Call ". Please someone help me get rid of this ! My settings are set as " Say caller's name; - On "

hamburglar1, Apr 2, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Don't think there's a 'mass undo', but try a right-click on each 'new', it should be enough to remove it - no need to open the app. It may make the job easier if you turn on Start's 'recently added..' and do it from there.
    Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

Or just wait - I think they stop being 'new' after a while anyway.

Bree, Apr 2, 2017
  5. klepp0906 Win User
    didnt know it would clear in time, but the right clicking seems to work. tyvm *Smile

also my settings shortcut on the left side of startmenu (the button) disappeared. Its greyed out when i try the slider in settings/personlization and if i go into the startmenu/programs folder the shortcut is there but clicking on it opens control panel.

any idea what happened there or how to fix?

klepp0906, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tell me a way exists to remove "new" from start menu folders? - Similar Threads - Tell exists remove

2. Any way to pin a folder existing in the All Applications menu to the Start menu ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to pin a folder existing in the All Applications menu to the Start menu ?: HI,Many desktop applications are installing in the All Applications menu a folder containing various items pointing to documentation, help files and various utilities related to the main program. Such folders appear in the All Applications menu when I click on "All...
  3. Any way to pin a folder existing in the All Applications menu to the Start menu ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to pin a folder existing in the All Applications menu to the Start menu ?: HI,Many desktop applications are installing in the All Applications menu a folder containing various items pointing to documentation, help files and various utilities related to the main program. Such folders appear in the All Applications menu when I click on "All...
  4. Remove folder from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  5. Remove folder from start menu

Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  6. Any way to remove these from start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to remove these from start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MindOfErick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le9nta/any_way_to_remove_these_from_start_menu/
  7. Is there a way to remove/hide metro apps from the start menu WITHOUT removing them from the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove/hide metro apps from the start menu WITHOUT removing them from the...: Hi everyone, just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and usually i would spend a bit of time forcefully removing apps from the start menu, but in recent times ive had issues with not being able to update Windows 10, presumably because i've removed something i've not supposed...
  8. Solved Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Solved Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?: UPDATE: So after hours of scouring through files and file locations using right click, run, and manually searching the entire computer I found that clever windows keeps start menu shortcuts in more than one place. By accessing C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  9. Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?: I don't like having to open folders when trying to find a program from the start menu; all I want is an alphabetised list of every program on my PC. I tried moving everything from the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder out of that folder, however...
  10. Which is the fastest way to remove junk from Start Menu?

Which is the fastest way to remove junk from Start Menu?: Hello, I always have problems removing and uninstalling apps that comes by default with Windows 10 after you connect to the net. Which is the faster way to unping and uninstall apps like Soda, Minecraft, Disney, Dolby? etc.. Because every time I unping them and uninstall...