Windows 10: temp files wont delete

Discus and support temp files wont delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My temp files are now just under over 800 megs. I tried some of the suggestions on this site, I could not even get to the app data file, it either was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wood, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Wood Win User

temp files wont delete

My temp files are now just under over 800 megs.
    I tried some of the suggestions on this site, I could not even get to the app data file, it either was not there at all or I ended up somewhere else and the folder was empty.
    Could I get a guide to this file, windows 10 home upgraded from 7.
    Ccleaner wont clear it out, disc cleanup won't, it has a lock on it stopping any removal.
    I have a 500 gb hard drive but if this file grows all the time I would not like it.

:)

2. -Rodri Win User

Can't log in with my PIN anymore (code: 0x80070032)

I'm having the same problem with ownership. Where can I get that file that let you do that? I don't understand why it wont let me delete the temp folder, Im logged in as admin.

-Rodri, Oct 29, 2017
  3. delete temp files. tried everything and they won't go away

You should run a disk cleanup wizard. Simply type disk in search/Cortana. Be sure to include "system files"

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 29, 2017
  4. temp files wont delete

remostalin, Oct 29, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    What is the full path to these temp files?

Ztruker, Oct 30, 2017
  6. The only Temp files that cannot or should not be deleted are the ones that are still OPEN. All of the old files that are closed should be able to be deleted without any special gymnastics.

If not, then something totally UN-natural has occurred. It may require an Exorcism. *Smile

Good Luck,
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Oct 30, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    In File Explorer, go to the toolbar to View. Put a check in the box Hidden Items. The Hidden File Appdata can now be viewed. Browse to C:\Users\[YourUserName]\appdata\Local\Temp.
    To safely remove Temp files download Temp File Cleaner
    Any temp files that remain are in use by the system and should not be touched.

spunk, Oct 30, 2017
  8. Ranjitsw Win User

temp files wont delete

@Wood Please do not use CC cleaner. Ransomware may be hit your PC with the help of CC cleaner .

clear your temp files using run %temp% & Temp
    C:\Windows\Temp & C:\Users\User Profile(Name)\AppData\Local\Temp

Ranjitsw, Oct 31, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    That was only if you got CCleaner v5.33 from Avast. It was fixed almost immediately so there was little exposure. All versions after 5.33 are clean. Current version is 5.35.

Ztruker, Nov 1, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    Note your linked page says Please note TFC is not suitable for use on Windows 8.1 or 10

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

temp files wont delete

1. temp files wont delete - Similar Threads - temp files wont

2. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  3. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  4. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  5. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  6. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Are these temp files ok to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these temp files ok to delete?: I have a bunch of folders in my temp folder C\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local\Temp that are taking up space. I've been reading that it's perfectly fine to delete files and folders in the Temp folder, but I've always been hesitant as I don't know if any are actually important to...
  8. deleting temp files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleting temp files: I am scanning my system with IO Bit driver booster. The program gave me a detail scan report. It says system has a lot of junk files for example 3228=C:\Users\koeradera\AppData\Local\Temp\ndrhn3zm.1hh\ja\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Installer.Common.resources.dll...
  9. Delete Temp Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Temp Files: Hello Community: I have an HP Compaq SFF 8200 desk top PC, MY operating system is Windowa 10 Home 64 bit. while doing housekeeping on my pc, I go to the disk cleanup mode, one of the items that I check is " Temporary Files" after the cleanup process is...
  10. Delete Temp Internet Files

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Temp Internet Files: I have read I guess all over the net how to delete temp internet files, I have tried everything inc CCleaner nothing seems to work, and I notice that people have written from about august 2015. Am using a new dell xps 8900 desktop with win 10 pro, am I right to think there...