Windows 10: Temp W10 profile deleted all my photos, help!

Discus and support Temp W10 profile deleted all my photos, help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First off let me apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong category, I'm fairly new to this and wasn't sure where to post. Anyways, I was running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huxmama, May 16, 2016.

1. huxmama Win User

Temp W10 profile deleted all my photos, help!

First off let me apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong category, I'm fairly new to this and wasn't sure where to post.

Anyways, I was running Windows 7 since forever but last night decided to upgrade to Windows 10. So this morning I got on my computer and uploaded all my cameras photos onto my computer. I successfully did so and then was doing some other things on my computer, my computer then froze so I just shut it and went along with my day. Well I just opened it back up and it seemed to do another update or something. Well ALL the photos I had uploaded are GONE. Thousands of very important pictures, gone. I'm assuming Windows had me logged into a temporary profile because after the first upgrade all my stuff was gone and I had the default Windows wallpaper, I didn't care because I had basically nothing on my computer. But now after the second upgrade my normal wallpaper is back. My issue is that all those photos I had uploaded onto the temporary profile (I'm assuming) are gone. I'm no tech genius but I know the basics and checked just about everywhere and can't find them. Does anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks in advance. These are super important photos *Sad

:)

huxmama, May 16, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

How to Clear the Temp file from storage check

If you send all your photos to skydrive the phone keeps a cache of those pics in the temp folder. The cache of a photo stays on the phone for two weeks, it is then deleted.

garym123, May 16, 2016
  3. Every time I reboot, I get a "Preparing Windows" screen. Then all my desktop files and software settings are gone, Windows 10.

Just done some (W10) updates (to a desktop previously W7 and W10 a year ago); I only have a local account; rebooted and "Preparing Windows" and it cannot login to the original local account; what's happened?

The reboot to safe mode, set safe minimal; reboot then undo safe has not made a difference. Help.

For some reason it cannot use the original local profile. Its created (at least 2) TEMP profiles. Help again.

Computerabber, May 16, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

All files should still be in Windows.old. It is the same as has always been with in place upgrades. If the folder is not there, there is nothing that can be done if you have been using the computer since the upgrade or the upgrade overwrote the hard drive space where the photos were located.

Never keep anything that you want to keep on your computer. Always keep it on a USB Hard Drive, which you can get 1TB units for $60 or keep a copy on a cloud drive, which Amazon offers unlimited photo storage for their Prime users.

bro67, May 16, 2016
  5. Molyy Win User
    Did you find the Windows.old folder? Its a backup of all the files on computer before the upgrade.
    If can't find the .old files , did you have a image backup before upgrading, or maybe a restore point that is available.
    If not, try installing Everything Search , it will help you find what you want .
    If none of these tricks work , try to use recover software like easeus or recuva .

Molyy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Temp W10 profile deleted all my photos, help! - Similar Threads - Temp W10 profile

2. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  3. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  4. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete Profile Photo in Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete Profile Photo in Outlook: To MS team, Please advise, how to delete the uploaded photo out of the MS outlook. The system is available just only for new upload icon without the remove icon. Best regards, Korrakid...
  6. temp profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temp profile: when i sign on it takes me to a temp profile, how do i fix this , i tried rebooting , signing out , reg fix etc can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-profile/abf8b124-e1ec-4254-9750-cf30bfd75020
  7. W10 keeps signing me in under Temp profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 keeps signing me in under Temp profiles: My username for my laptop is say, USER. Few weeks ago, it keeps logging me in under Temp profiles. I tried the common fixes found online but it hasn't fixed it. What's odd is, when I go to C:\Users, all my files are not under USER, they are under a different folder, 35387....
  8. temp profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    temp profile: for the last couple of weeks every time I restart my pc and log in I get a different profile and it is temp. I can log longer use my original profile. I am using windows 10 and can't fine a user profile update or add etc. how can i fix this?...
  9. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos: My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The...
  10. "temp . files cleaup" deleted all my files and applications - Help!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "temp . files cleaup" deleted all my files and applications - Help!!: I was running out of space in my C drive and decided to do disk clean up I opened storage/C drive/Temp files up. I clicked on all of the options assuming all the option are for temporary and misc. files that I don't need left the computed running and walked away, came back...