Windows 10: temporary files folder

Discus and support temporary files folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kris Sho, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Kris Sho Win User

temporary files folder

Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance.

:)

Kris Sho, Dec 8, 2023

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Viewing All Files in Temporary Downloads

Though the downloads temporary files will not show all in one folder, you can still safely delete temporary files manually. Below are the steps to delete temporary files the standard way.

• Type %temp% on Cortana and press Enter key to open the
      Temp folder containing temporary files.
    • Select the folders or files you want to delete, then click the Delete
      key to delete all temporary files.

It is recommended that you move temporary files to Recycle Bin and permanently delete them after few days. This is for you to have the option to restore files if a program or Windows does not work properly after the deletion.

Regards.

Amylove Loy, Dec 8, 2023
  4. temporary files folder

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

temporary files folder

1. temporary files folder - Similar Threads - temporary files folder

2. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  3. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  4. Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Files: The Temp directory on Windows 11 has to be cleaned out periodically, but there is one sub directory with one file that keeps reappearing.4DBA83A8-E8B8-48C5-BB0D-CDF3268407E1eventhubprofile.xmlWhat is this file used for and why does it keep reactivating.J.A. Coutts...
  5. dll.mui files on temporary hidden folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dll.mui files on temporary hidden folder: I noticed this please see attached photo a few days ago and noticed that I'm not properly getting the correct cloud based security intelligence protection update. It' doesn't install 100% and whenever I cross check on windows defender security, the security intelligence...
  6. Strange files in the temporary folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange files in the temporary folder?: When I had just saved a file, I noticed an extremely large number of strange files in the Temporary File folder. They all have only one strange number/character combination and often no content at all. Many of them were also called mat-Debug and then a number. What is that?...
  7. Temporary files

Temporary files: I keep getting the error message stating that my disc space on my computer is almost full. The file manager states that 184 of my 235 GB are in temporary files, but when I go into the section to clean it up it only shows 5 gigs of data. Secondly, when I clean those 5 gigs,...
  8. The file inside the temporary folder is too large

The file inside the temporary folder is too large: I found a file inside the temporary folder in the path C:\Windows\Temp\ whose size is 45 gigabytes as is clear image May I know where this file came from and how did it reach this size?[ATTACH]I found a file inside the temporary folder in the path c \ windows \ temp whose...
  9. get access to temporary internet files folder

get access to temporary internet files folder: How do I get Access to the Temporary Internet File folder. It has a small arrow next to the folder symbol and denies access to this file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-access-to-temporary-internet-files-folder/b0557c2c-255b-4221-ae22-96c7e7a2992e"
  10. Temporary Files

Temporary Files: My laptop has had this problem for a while now, but it really never bothered me until now. I find myself running out space to install various games and tools, and not finding enough useless things to delete. When I go to remove the temporary files, this shows, and when I go...