Windows 10: Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10

Discus and support Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi guys, cant deleit more than 6 gb Temporary Internet Files I try ccleaner and all stuuf but still see 6GB any ideas? *Smile 14262 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ika, Aug 7, 2015.

1. IKA
    ika Win User

Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10

hi guys, cant deleit more than 6 gb Temporary Internet Files I try ccleaner and all stuuf but still see 6GB any ideas? *Smile

:)

2. Can't Delete Temporary Internet Files OR Temporary Files

Completely ridiculous. Band new $1200 laptop. After the update, all of the permissions are lost to my folders - I fixed this - and now I can't clear the temp files for anything. I have a 256 gig SSD and these are a nuisance. Windows 10 was supposed to
    be portable device friendly but geese - this isn't a file server - you don't have to protect a temp directory in case other clients need it! ugh.

AndrewScott_2001, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Can't Delete Temporary Internet Files OR Temporary Files

Set the cache size at 256MB

leopard_jumps, Aug 7, 2015
  4. IKA
    ika Win User

Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10 [​IMG]

5. YOU
    You Win User
    What happens if try to delete the files using disk cleanup?

Here is another way to clear the temporary internet files:

1. Search for "Internet Options".
    2. Click the first result.
    3. In Internet Options, click the "Delete..." button under Browsing History.
    4. Make sure "Temporary Tnternet files and website files" is checked and click "Delete" button.
    5. Open Edge browser.
    6. Click the Hub button (3 lines).
    7. Click the "History" button.
    8. Click the "Clear all history" button.
    9. Make sure that "Cached data and files" is checked.
    10. Click "Clear".
    11. Enable hidden files and folders. How to view hidden files and folders in Windows 8.1
    11. Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE in the Run dialog and click OK.
    12. Delete any files in there.

6. Apparently , Edge us running at all times, needs to be closed to be cleaned.

TairikuOkami, Aug 7, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    can delete the cache from Edge itself, but automated tools can't do it, I guess.

8. IKA
    ika Win User

I did all thes steps guys not get solutions

9. YOU
    You Win User
    That reading in Disk Cleanup can't be correct. Click the "View files" button and delete everything in the window that opens, then.

10. hawkman Win User
    The in-built Disk cleaner should do it, it can get rid of 13GB+ at least, my Windows.old file was successfully deleted,
    But it does it in Admin mode.

Note Id post on CCleaner forum, suspect its an update they need to include in the next version, Close Edge for full clean,
    You never know you might get a free Pro Licence
    Im watching the guests and if you need a confirmation will provide one

Roy

hawkman, Aug 7, 2015
  11. taward Win User
    I've had this same problem. I tried the view file and it doesn't contain anywhere near the size files as disk clean up claims.

I think this is an actual thing. Edge looks like it might be stashing away space somewhere and holding it captive.

taward, Aug 13, 2015
  12. Do you use Store a lot? I guess, that browsing store actually uses Edge.
    I have never even opened Edge and I have just cleaned about 110MB.

TairikuOkami, Aug 13, 2015
  13. taward Win User

No store usage for me. But, even if I did, it wouldn't explain the apparently phantom space usage and inability to delete it. But I guess it would make sense that the system would have a hard time deleting files that aren't there.

taward, Aug 13, 2015
  14. IKA
    ika Win User
    hi again, thes tool fix problems guys it is free Free cleaner *Smile

15. AbelG Win User
    I just found the solution to deleting the Temporary internet files in Windows 10 !!! *Smile
    Just go to the following folder:
    C:\Users\(Your Name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
    Then "Select All" (Ctrl + A)
    Then press the "Delete' Key on your keyboard.
    That should "do the trick".. I just did it.
    Now my machine 'flies' (works very fast, like it should be)
    Let me know if this works for you.

AbelG, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Temporary Internet Files

2. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  3. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  4. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10: HiSo basicallyWhen I try to purge temporary files via storage sense or disk cleanup, it doesnt do itanyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-temporary-files-on-windows-10/313a7215-dfa6-4ffc-bfba-4b19fd10e8eb
  6. Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10: HiSo basicallyWhen I try to purge temporary files via storage sense or disk cleanup, it doesnt do itanyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-temporary-files-on-windows-10/313a7215-dfa6-4ffc-bfba-4b19fd10e8eb
  7. Cant delete Temporary Files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10

Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10: Windows 10 tells me that my disk space is getting low on my C: drive. And it is. 120MB according to File Explorer. So I went to Settings|System|Storage|Free up space now. The scan there found 1.90GB in Temporary Internet Files. I clicked Remove Files, and after some...
  9. Cant Delete Temporary Internet Files in my Windows 10 pc

Cant Delete Temporary Internet Files in my Windows 10 pc: since they have now locked the original thread that ran for 3 years..here's a new one Issue still remains -there was an update for windows 10 1809 today that was supposed to fix a wide range of issues unfortunately deleting Temporary Internet Files wasn't one of them...
  10. Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Access and Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 File Explorer: I have a VOIP service that saves every voicemail with the same name. When I opened them with Windows 7 Outlook, a temporary internet file was placed in the folder: "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\14AB0KAD". Once I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temporary internet files is 54 GB. i cant clear it

2. temporary files shows 5 gig temp empty cant clear

3. temporary internet files stuck at 110Mb