Windows 10: Temporary Profile Issue

Discus and support Temporary Profile Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Evening, My tower had a irregular power down yesterday, when i turned it on it went into a temporary profile. I have tried a system restore,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BillG9487, Oct 9, 2015.

1. BillG9487 Win User

Temporary Profile Issue

Good Evening,

My tower had a irregular power down yesterday, when i turned it on it went into a temporary profile. I have tried a system restore, scanning the drives for error. Everything i have tried has failed before completion. I am at my wits end honestly and don't know what to do. If anyone can help me with a link or information i would greatly appreciate it.

:)

BillG9487, Oct 9, 2015

2. Temporary profile issue

Hi Thom,

Thanks for the reply.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. What happens, when you try to follow the above steps?

2. Do you get any error code or message?

Let us know the answers of the above questions so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Temporary profile issue

Thank you for the fast reply, but unfortunately, the process did not seem to work. At the very least I now know what the issue is from what you have described. I would just like to rid of this situation much sooner if applicable.

But again, thank you for your reply.

ThomWebster, Oct 9, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User
Thema:

Temporary Profile Issue

1. Temporary Profile Issue - Similar Threads - Temporary Profile Issue

2. Temporary Profile problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Profile problems: After update 1903 I have been logged into a temporary profile. I do not think I am competent enough to do a 'regedit'. How can I get my own profile re-instated?...
  3. Temporary profile error - the final fix

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary profile error - the final fix: Okay, so this is probably the millionth thread I’ve made about my issue, but hopefully this is the last one. So, about three years ago — April of 2016 — my laptop (a Dell Inspiron N5050 that I got in 2012) had a temporary profile error. Perhaps it shut down incorrectly, but...
  4. Signing in with Temporary Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....
  5. Overwritten my profile documents while fixing temporary profile issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Overwritten my profile documents while fixing temporary profile issue: Hi, I had temporary profile issue after update. I used this guide (Youve been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix Tutorial | Windows 8 Help Forums) but probably I did something wrong in regedit. My profile was recreated in the same folder /users/ but all the old profile...
  6. Temporary profile problem?

Temporary profile problem?: Ok so I know how to fix the problem from looking on YouTube with directions as it's happened to me twice now but now the actual problem i'm having to ask here is regarding fixing my mom's name on the computer. After I finished fixing my name and restarted the computer which...
  7. temporary profile

temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...
  8. Modify the temporary user profile

Modify the temporary user profile: Hi, Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account. I have setup a local account for this matter, called Visitor. In the users folder, I renamed 'visitor' to 'visitor1', so...
  9. Intermittant Temporary profile

Intermittant Temporary profile: Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 around 2 months ago and generally it works fine. However, three times in that time when I boot up, it has told me I have been signed in to a temporary profile. When I reboot my machine, all is fine. I tried...
  10. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935