Windows 10: Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders

Discus and support Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updates kb4284835 & Kb4343699 I was told a temporary profile had been set up and there was an issue signing on. Plus I had no acess to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaroleAnnSummers, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders

After updates kb4284835 & Kb4343699 I was told a temporary profile had been set up and there was an issue signing on. Plus I had no acess to my personal files and the apps could not be viewed without an update. In addition the language & keyboard had been set to USA standard.

I was advised to set up a local profile (standard) which I did & this seemed to rectify the matter. I was in the process of deleting the old profile and changing my standard profile to adminstrator and now further updates have made this impossible. I now can only see my desktop shortcuts on my new profile with no access to windows apps and I am unable to access the control panel or menues. I can't switch the Dell laptop off only by removing the power. How do I fix this. Will I need to go back to basics. Originally had windows 7.

:)

CaroleAnnSummers, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Does this help?

How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders

1. Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders - Similar Threads - Temporary profile access

2. Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.: I have accidentally deleted ntuser.dat file today. After this incident my laptop is running strangely. At first it said "temporary profile error" which I tried to solve from "regedit" also tried to use local administrator by signing out of my account but didn't succeed. My...
  3. Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.: I have accidentally deleted ntuser.dat file today. After this incident my laptop is running strangely. At first it said "temporary profile error" which I tried to solve from "regedit" also tried to use local administrator by signing out of my account but didn't succeed. My...
  4. Temporary Windows Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary Windows Profile: When I started my Acer laptop (Windows 10 64bit) yesterday it said there was an issue and I should log in again. I logged in to find I had a new profile which I have subsequently realised is a temporary one. This means I have no admin rights and cannot save anything. I can...
  5. Lost my Administrative Access & Logged in as a Temporary Profile on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost my Administrative Access & Logged in as a Temporary Profile on Windows 10: I recently updated my Windows 10 as per the recommended update and ended up losing my administrative access to my laptop. On top of that, I am logged in automatically as a temporary profile. Hence, I cant seem to make any changes to the system. Logging out and re-logging in...
  6. Temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary profile: Hello All, My windows was reinstalled and I see the following message. "You are logged on with a temporary profile." I need to resolve this. Any guidance will be most appreciated....
  7. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  8. Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile: Windows 10 has decided to sign me in with a temporary profile. I can't get out of this by doing a shut down, starting up and signing in with username, PW or pin or biometrics. How do I get my real profile back?...
  9. Logged in with "Temporary Profile" & "Apps not opening"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logged in with "Temporary Profile" & "Apps not opening": After the latest update i am not able to access any of my microsoft apps and i get the message "You need a new link to open this app" And It also says that i am "logged in with a Temporary Profile.Roaming options are unavailable." Plz i need urgent help!!...
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...