Windows 10: Temporary profile problem?

Discus and support Temporary profile problem? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ok so I know how to fix the problem from looking on YouTube with directions as it's happened to me twice now but now the actual problem i'm having to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IAmKC, Apr 4, 2017.

1. IAmKC Win User

Temporary profile problem?

Ok so I know how to fix the problem from looking on YouTube with directions as it's happened to me twice now but now the actual problem i'm having to ask here is regarding fixing my mom's name on the computer. After I finished fixing my name and restarted the computer which it says to, it logged on her name which it ended up being a temporary profile too which it wasn't beforehand in me fixing my name. I went into command prompt to type what I need to get the SID but after doing so an error comes up followed by saying "description = invalid query". I tried to type it again but then it says "no instance(s) available." I then opened up the registry editor and went to where I needed and surely cause of it saying that there is no folder with an SID for her:

Temporary profile problem? [​IMG]

The top one ending in 1000 is for my brother's name which I haven't fixed yet while the one ending in 1004 is my name which I fixed. However when I open up the files to go to the C drive to look at the users where I would copy url of the user for her name (the one highlighted with the blue is her's named Cole's in the below screenshot) at the top into the registry for me to then paste into the registry editor for me to fix her name to being back if her SID was listed.

Even with no SID her real user with all her pictures and everything saved is still there in her name.

Another thing I need to ask is in this screenshot:

Why are there so many temporary folders? The two times now that I've had to fixed this issues it has some reason left all those. I don't know what I'm suppose to do with those. Can I delete them or no? But the real question I have is can my mom's profile and username be fixed in anyway to being back to how it was like mine? Is there anyway it can get an SID back for her? If so is there anyway I can fix it to be normal again? Or is she just stuck with having a temporary user to the point of either just copying every file from her user folder to the files on the temporary user or would she just have to make a completely new name which I know she really would hate if that was the case. Any help with this would be really appreciated.

:)

IAmKC, Apr 4, 2017

2. Temporary Profile

Original Title : janetannh

I'm now using windows 10 upgraded from windows 7. I am being signed in on a temporary profile and cannot access my files of programs. Why is this happening and what can I do about it please.

JanetHamnett, Apr 4, 2017
  3. AislinC Win User
    Temporary Profile

Same here. I've tried all of these solutions step by step, but nothing worked for me. Ever since I first rebooted my computer two days ago, I can only sign in with a temporary profile no matter what I do. I run both scans, I even talked to someone from Microsoft
    Online Desk Support, but the problem is still an issue.

Please help, I can't use my computer like this - I need to access my files and programs!

AislinC, Apr 4, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Temporary profile problem? - Similar Threads - Temporary profile problem

2. How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?: I ran a troubleshooting on Windows Store Apps as I found my Microsoft account was automatically logged out and most of my files are currently in the Users file. It showedIssues foundYou are signed in with a temporary profileYou are signed in with a temporary profileYour user...
  3. How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?: I ran a troubleshooting on Windows Store Apps as I found my Microsoft account was automatically logged out and most of my files are currently in the Users file. It showedIssues foundYou are signed in with a temporary profileYou are signed in with a temporary profileYour user...
  4. How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temporary profile problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary profile problem: Hi , I have problem with temporary profile in windows 10. After that i saw some solution videos and in that they suggested to go in regedit and profile list and delete .bak code file from there. I had deleted that .bak file but i think it was my original profile. So now...
  6. Temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary profile: Hello All, My windows was reinstalled and I see the following message. "You are logged on with a temporary profile." I need to resolve this. Any guidance will be most appreciated....
  7. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  8. Temporary Profile problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Profile problems: After update 1903 I have been logged into a temporary profile. I do not think I am competent enough to do a 'regedit'. How can I get my own profile re-instated?...
  9. Signing in with Temporary Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...