Windows 10: Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018

Discus and support Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat on March 24th, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kari, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Kari Win User

Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018

Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat on March 24th, 2018

Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders:

This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 24th of March 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF members and Windows Insiders in a live chat. Topic: off topic *Smile

Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018 [​IMG]
    Information TF Saturday Live Chat will be held in three parts. Part 1 should allow the members from Asia and Oceania to participate, Part 2 should be OK for the European, Middle Eastern and African members and the Part 3 for our American members.

You can of course participate in all three sessions if you so wish, it's just that spreading the chat throughout the day like this, the more members and guests alike all around the globe have a realistic possibility to be there.

The TF Live Chat will be recorded, remember it when participating in chat, showing webcam or presenting your desktop. Extracts of recordings will be posted on Ten Forums.

The chat will be online 30 minutes before the start time of each part for you to test the connection and join, and will remain online as long as there are attendees, at least an hour and a half.

Use the links above to check the start times for each session in your local time. You will see the start time in UTC shown at left, and the same in your local time at right:

Notice that if your regional settings are set to use 12 hour (AM/PM) clock, you will see the times in your familiar format.

A link to each live chat session will be posted here in this thread 30 minutes before the start of each part. The TF Saturday Live Chat is a group video meeting but to participate with audio and webcam video is optional; if you so decide, you can just listen and participate with text chat.

See this Microsoft support article for instructions in joining using the Skype for Business Web App (no account required): Join a Skype Meeting with Skype for Business Web App:

A small plugin will be installed and you are ready to join the meeting. Joining, including time to install the plugin takes less than a minute.

Notice that you will not need any Ten Forums, Skype, Skype for Business, email or MS Account. Simply select a screen name for you and join as a guest. Of course it would be nice if everyone would use their forums username, but that's up to you. If you want to remain anonymous, sign in as guest John Doe if you so prefer.

You can of course also join using Skype for Business desktop app if you have an organisational Skype for Business Account. Please remember that in that case your personal information will be available for and seen by all participants. I recommend to at least disable your contact card showing the phone numbers. As far as I know there's no way to disable showing your account name, avatar and email address when joining with your Skype for Business account.

Tip All TF Saturday Live Chat participants can share their desktop and show whatever their want to show to live audience. If you have a neat Windows 10 trick, tip, workaround or anything else you would like to show to your fellow members, please send me a PM about it latest by Friday evening (March 23rd) and we'll make it happen.

See you geeks on Saturday the 24th! Please post all your questions, ideas and such about the Live Chat in this thread.

:)

2. My Windows Mixed Reality Just Shows A Black Screen

Hi i'm having the same problem on my lenovo explore just these few days ago. First my HDM goes black once or twice on saturday March 3 2018 but then was fine later on. But last night Mar 5 2018 the headset keep going black no matter what steam vr game
    i play the headset goes black after a few minutes in game. It leaves my computer screen showing i'm still in game but my headset just black. pretty sure its not the hdmi cable or the usb but just started happening since Saturday when i try on my headset again.

JeffreyLeung1, Mar 16, 2018
  3. having trouble with apps and windows live ID

since Saturday i havent been able to use my facebook chat. the msg that comes up says "cant connect to IM" I can go on facebook and i can do everything else except chat.

since saturday I haven't been able to tweet. the msg that comes up says "we're having trouble posting"

since Saturday I haven't been able to download games from marketplace. the msg that comes up says "windows live ID service is unavailable"

I have called Tmobile they said they did all they could do and that I had to contact Microsoft next.

Please Help

DominiqueHarrison, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Mar 16, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    Nice! See you next Saturday!

6. Cliff S New Member
    I'll try(remember how my old system, would get thrown out after a while, no matter if I used the Skype browser plugin, or Lync app*cry)

Cliff S, Mar 17, 2018
  7. Kari Win User
    Lync App can't be downloaded anymore. Let's hope you'll manage to stay connected this time *Smile

8. z3r010 Win User

I was looking at it yesterday and the Skype for business webapp looks easy enough.

z3r010, Mar 17, 2018
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Mar 17, 2018
  10. Kari Win User
    I searched it yesterday, couldn't find anything else than an old blog post telling Lync App has been discontinued. Now you found it! Not first time I have been wrong *Wink

Anyway, it's easier for most to use the webapp.

11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there @Kari

will the basic Skype for business web application work -- I've used that successfully for work meetings so I can't in theory see any probs with it. For the actual SKYPE for business the application seems to want an account but the web app in my experience usually works OK provided the weblink / url of the invite is valid.

I used IE11 though as the browser so can't say if other ones will work.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2018
  12. Kari Win User
    Just a reminder geeks, less than 7 hours to go to start of the first part of today's three sessions:

13. Kari Win User

OK geeks, Part 1 online, start in half an hour but you can join the meeting already now.

Join TF Saturday Live Chat Part 1

Direct download link for Skype Meeting plugin:

Download and install the plugin, when done you will be asked to enter your chosen username:

That's it, you have joined the meeting!

14. lx07 Win User
    Will try to join the next timezone - sorry to drop out - had to talk to the kid.

At least I know how to do it (how many times to sign on at once) now ...

15. Kari Win User
    Part 1 "officially" finished although geeks are still there talking. As known from our past TF Live Chat sessions, the first part had not too many paticipants, simply too early to most our members.

Waiting a lot more on our two later sessions today. See you in PArt 2 in three hours *Smile

Thema:

1. Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018 - Similar Threads - Ten Forums Saturday

2. live chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live chat: My computer is throwing an error this happened after your tech worked on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/6f24b040-584b-4aea-a1ad-7edf50b8b626
  3. AVG ten forums

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG ten forums: on my laptop and decided to look in the forum. Forum opens on screen but as soon as I want a page this happens. (Image) so I have uninstalled AVG Free. 159801
  4. Problems with ten forums editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with ten forums editor: I love the content on ten forums. But the web software to compose and reply to messages is very frustrating! I am using the WYSIWYG editor. In no particular order, here are my recent issues: 1) blank lines--why do I need to have 3 blank lines in the editor pane to produce...
  5. Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018

in Windows 10 Support
    Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018: Welcome to Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF members and Windows...
  6. Microsoft Ignite 2018 live streaming starting September 24

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Ignite 2018 live streaming starting September 24: Microsoft Ignite - coming to you live from wherever you are With so many sessions to choose from, you can’t possibly attend all of your favorites in person. But that doesn’t mean you have to miss out. Microsoft Ignite’s keynotes and sessions will be available for live...
  7. Thank You Ten Forums...

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You Ten Forums...: i've gone far too long without thanking tenforums for being the tremendous resource that it is, in fact i can't imagine using windows 10 without having this fantastic site to lean on, and instead having to depend on the "official" site that points to scannow and dism as the...
  8. TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016

in Windows 10 Support
    TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat Come and meet your fellow Ten Forums members, Windows Insiders and enthusiasts: next TF Saturday Live Chat will be on Saturday 3rd of September 2016. [img] Information TF Saturday Live Chat will be held in three parts to allow as...
  9. View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary 30-JULY-2016 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary on Saturday 30th of July 2016. Windows 10 will have its first...
  10. Watch Live GPU Technology Conference Mar. 27, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Live GPU Technology Conference Mar. 27, 2018: GTC is the largest and most important event of the year for GPU developers. GTC and the global GTC event series offer valuable training and a showcase of the most vital work in the computing industry today - including artificial intelligence and deep learning, virtual...