Windows 10: Terminal/Powershell commands ending on the error "The script failed due to call depth...

Discus and support Terminal/Powershell commands ending on the error "The script failed due to call depth... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,From yesterday I am receiving an error from Windows Terminal/Powershell:"The script failed due to call depth overflow."It is happening on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Milan Kopáč, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Terminal/Powershell commands ending on the error "The script failed due to call depth...

Hi,From yesterday I am receiving an error from Windows Terminal/Powershell:"The script failed due to call depth overflow."It is happening on commands:shutdown /f /t 0 /rand also on my custom functions which were working a few days ago.I have never seen such an error in my life. What's going on?My Windows version:Windows 11 Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.2715I ran "sfc /scannow" but no integrity violations were found.

:)

Milan Kopáč, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Will Windows Terminal Replace Command Prompt?

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...t/ba-p/3933985 Tip:

Brink, Dec 1, 2023
  3. zebal Win User
    Does Windows Terminal supports all PowerShell and CMD commands?

Yes, Windows Terminal is a command-line front-end

Install and set up Windows Terminal

Windows Terminal - Wikipedia

zebal, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Kursah Win User

Terminal/Powershell commands ending on the error "The script failed due to call depth...

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Terminal/Powershell commands ending on the error "The script failed due to call depth...

1. Terminal/Powershell commands ending on the error "The script failed due to call depth... - Similar Threads - Terminal Powershell commands

2. Powershell script, custom module call crashing session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell script, custom module call crashing session: Hey,Currently running into an issue with a custom PowerShell script that I own.The script has been in production almost daily for the past 4-5 years but the past couple weeks it's been erroring out on me for reasons I don't understand. The script in question is an AD mgmt...
  3. Powershell script, custom module call crashing session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell script, custom module call crashing session: Hey,Currently running into an issue with a custom PowerShell script that I own.The script has been in production almost daily for the past 4-5 years but the past couple weeks it's been erroring out on me for reasons I don't understand. The script in question is an AD mgmt...
  4. Terminal/Powershell commands ending on the error "The script failed due to call depth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminal/Powershell commands ending on the error "The script failed due to call depth...: Hi,From yesterday I am receiving an error from Windows Terminal/Powershell:"The script failed due to call depth overflow."It is happening on commands:shutdown /f /t 0 /rand also on my custom functions which were working a few days ago.I have never seen such an error in my...
  5. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  6. Does Windows Terminal supports all PowerShell and CMD commands?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows Terminal supports all PowerShell and CMD commands?: Hi. Windows terminal supports all commands of powershell and command prompt ? *sarc*Sad Thanks. 176298
  7. error in powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    error in powershell command: error in powershell command Getting Hardware Hash Script Command Install-Script -Name Get-WindowsAutoPilotInfo https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=627338&clcid=0x409...
  8. powershell scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell scripts: Hi, I have azure. Someone is somehow installing powershell scripts onto my computer that allows them to host my PC through P2P and UDP connections, well I think so anyway. I have only just found powershell script entry changes in my registry by accident. These criminals...
  9. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...
  10. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator: Hello I have been developing a Powershell script using Powershell ISE, and for the most part i am very happy about it, however i have encountered what i believe to be a bug in the call operator (&). When i use the call operator followed by a "pure" string everything works...