Windows 10: Terrible battery meter?

Discus and support Terrible battery meter? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed that the estimed time left on the battery in windows 10 fluctuates wildly? On my xps 13 it can change almost 3 hours between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JCH19, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JCH19 Win User

Terrible battery meter?

Has anyone else noticed that the estimed time left on the battery in windows 10 fluctuates wildly? On my xps 13 it can change almost 3 hours between checking it 5 minutes apart. Thanks!

:)

JCH19, Aug 6, 2015

2. Terrible battery meter

Hi Bojon,

Thank you for the update on the issue and sorry for delayed response.

As per the issue description you are worried about the battery high usage in Windows 10. One of the new features in Windows 10 is included in the new Settings app. It's called "Battery saver" and as the name implies, it's a feature to help Windows 10 devices
    to save battery life by limiting background activity and automatically adjusting different system settings. This is in addition to battery usage reports for you to understand what is draining your battery.

To access the new battery settings, open the Settings app, go to
    System, and navigate to Battery saver.

Note: Windows 10 features that your device can't handle won't be shown as an option. If you're running the operating system on a desktop computer without a battery, the
    Battery saver option won't be available. The same is true for other features.

When you arrive at the settings, you'll see two sections: Overview shows you the battery level and an indicator when your device is charging or draining.

Terrible battery meter? [​IMG]

There is a link to access Battery use. This section is very useful, as it can show you battery usage across all your apps. This information can be very valuable to understand better which apps you probably want to be careful or stay away
    from when you're not plugged in.

Terrible battery meter? [​IMG]

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Terrible battery meter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below link and check if it helps.

Tips to save battery power

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/tips-save-battery-power

Note: Above link applies to Windows 10 as well.

Follow the below link as reference and check if it helps:

Battery: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/battery-meter-frequently-asked-questions

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 6, 2015
  4. wyll001 Win User

Terrible battery meter?

PHEW! for a day i thought was only me... well, i used without the battery pack inserted for about 6 hours, and it get more stable, but i still getting low battery power warnings about 30-120 minutes than my previous instance (Windows 8.1), but i always put on the plug at there, so i don't f is that error again of my battery pack is dying, might test that later...

wyll001, Aug 7, 2015
  5. thomasdahl, Dec 26, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Terrible battery meter?

1. Terrible battery meter? - Similar Threads - Terrible battery meter

2. meter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    meter: that little bar on my taskbar turns green sometime what's it for CPU usage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/meter/fd7bb9fd-86d0-466b-a53f-779302bf9d5b
  3. meter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    meter: that little bar on my taskbar turns green sometime what's it for CPU usage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/meter/fd7bb9fd-86d0-466b-a53f-779302bf9d5b
  4. meter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!: The battery of my ASUS is emptied in just over an hour. With Win 10 I got in excess of 8 hours. It was suggested that my drivers might be to blame. I have checked and updated my drivers.NOW it still discharges too quickly but ALSO will not charge to any more then 79%.This is...
  6. Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!: The battery of my ASUS is emptied in just over an hour. With Win 10 I got in excess of 8 hours. It was suggested that my drivers might be to blame. I have checked and updated my drivers.NOW it still discharges too quickly but ALSO will not charge to any more then 79%.This is...
  7. Terrible Surface Laptop 3 Battery Life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Terrible Surface Laptop 3 Battery Life: Hi, I've had my Surface Laptop 3 Intel I5 Core, 8GB Ram, 256GB for nearly six months now, and I think it's a great laptop in all but one respect - its battery life. From the start, it never lived up to its marketing promise of 11.5 hours not even close, even though I never...
  8. Meter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Meter: Can I turn off the metering and if so where is it and how can I shut it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/meter/aee12a1c-547a-4ce6-bc5e-9a60dbbbec87
  9. Terrible terrible support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Terrible terrible support.: I called this number Call a toll free number: (800) 642 7676 / TDD/TTY 800 892-5234 I asked "I want some answer about windows 10 IOT" She said "This is the close time right now" it's 9 PM in US of A (and I think it close 10) So I told her that it's not then she...
  10. missing battery meter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing battery meter: Updated my wife's laptop with windows 10 and now is missing the battery meter (charging, power left also no warning on screen when low power) going to the notification area properties the option to turn power icon is completely greyed out and unselectable. Fully up to date...