Windows 10: Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

Discus and support Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This happens quite often and it seems to be connected to the flash player... so those facebook floating notifications and youtube stuff or google maps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by americanu197, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

This happens quite often and it seems to be connected to the flash player... so those facebook floating notifications and youtube stuff or google maps and generally pages with heavy flash content are very delicate and cause this horrible flashing.
    Windows gives me messages that the video driver has crashed and recovered but every now and then firefox crashes altogether.
    No this did not happen on my previous win8... i only installed win10 about a month ago.
    I have a ATI R7 265... as far as i know i am all up to date... the ATI update utility is suggesting beta driver packs but i ignore them

:)

americanu197, Jul 2, 2016

2. Upgraded to windows 10 and flash player is crashing on every browser, help!

I upgraded to Windows 10 several days ago and everything was going fine until suddenly, yesterday, the adobe Shockwave Flash app started crashing, immediately, on encountering any website using flash. On firefox I get the message (repeatedly) that the
    flash plugin "may have stopped responding or be busy" -- the browser is frozen, and then whatever was using flash crashes. On Chrome, the whole browser becomes so slow as to be unusable and the videos/flash whatevers just sit there without playing. I've
    tried it using Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Opera --crash, crash, crash.

I've rebooted (repeatedly), uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest version of flash. No solutions there. In Firefox, I unchecked the the "protection" option for flash. Didn't help. In Chrome I was unable to disable hardware acceleration (I was unable
    to find a way to do that in firefox) -- it didn't help with Chrome.

I'm finding a lot of posts on other forums with other people having the same issue but no solutions have been offered them either.

Please help! !!!

Katie_Yael, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Stophi Win User
    Upgraded to windows 10 and flash player is crashing on every browser, help!

Same here

Stophi, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

Barneyrubble, Jul 2, 2016
  5. Wynona Win User
    Good morning, American, and welcome to TenForums.

I have a dual monitor setup, and I get flashing on my secondary monitor. I hadn't thought of trying for a screenshot, but maybe that would help.

Can you describe the flashing? Or, get a screenshot of it? I'd like to compare yours and mine just to see if we have the same type of issue.

My graphics "card", is AMD Radeon 6500 series, I think. Yeah, I need to check closer, but for now I'm interested more in what you're seeing to see if you have the same issue as I do. If not, then I'll create another thread.

Wynona, Jul 2, 2016
  6. i guess its fixed now... i finally got sick of it and installed the most recent beta driver release from ATI and it hasnt happened for a good two days now

americanu197, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

1. Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox - Similar Threads - Terrible flashing crashing

2. FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???: The other day FF had an update to 67.0.1. When I logged into an web site that uses Adobe Flash, FireFox said I needed a update to Flash and to get it here (A button). The button took me to the flash download web site, I proceeded to down load the installer. I then ran the...
  3. Facebook videos crashing Firefox

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Facebook videos crashing Firefox: Hi, folks Since 2 weeks videos in FB which are being played automatically crash the browser for couple of seconds. Then I have to refresh it. I am using not the latest drivers for AMD and Intel but also with the newest it is still the same. Can anyone please tell me what...
  4. Terrible terrible support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Terrible terrible support.: I called this number Call a toll free number: (800) 642 7676 / TDD/TTY 800 892-5234 I asked "I want some answer about windows 10 IOT" She said "This is the close time right now" it's 9 PM in US of A (and I think it close 10) So I told her that it's not then she...
  5. Crashed Firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashed Firefox: How can I retrieve above pl? I postponed Firefox update and now can't get into my other Windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/crashed-firefox/7c9d4324-72b0-491e-bacc-a47b32b2d3b4
  6. Firefox has terrible font rendering

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox has terrible font rendering: Hi. I'm using Firefox 43 (just upgraded from 42) and the fonts are terrible. Already disabled hardware acceleration, Direct2D (as suggested here)and nothing helps. [img] 34081
  7. Resize Flash Player objects in Firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Resize Flash Player objects in Firefox?: At work I extensively use a Flash-based control panel provided by one of my company's business partners. I typically run Firefox to display it. I've recently switched to 4K monitor and the panel has become unreadable as the font size is constantly the same as in my...
  8. Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10: On Chrome nothing happens. Media loads but doesn't play. On Firefox it says Flash has crashed. I tried to disable the protected mode as Firefox Support suggests. My Windows 10 is quite buggy. 34093
  9. New Flash not working correctly in I.E. or firefox on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Flash not working correctly in I.E. or firefox on...: New Flash not working correctly in I.E. or Firefox on some sites. Google Chrome flash works fine. The flash test page works. I couldn't pay my comcast bill using I.E. or Firefox to pay the bill but chrome worked. Yes, I have auto updates set for flash. Don't know if an...
  10. Firefox is blocking Flash by default

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox is blocking Flash by default: After a number of issues and exploits have been discovered recently, Mozilla has taken a big step and is now blocking Flash in all of its Firefox browsers. Flash, the much maligned and hated software on which a surprisingly big part of the web still relies, has often been...