Windows 10: "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.

Discus and support "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I went to test my microphone to see if it was working. I went in the settings tab and clicked system. Then I clicked Sound. I clicked the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by titedog, Aug 12, 2018.

1. titedog Win User

"Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.

So I went to test my microphone to see if it was working. I went in the settings tab and clicked system. Then I clicked Sound. I clicked the microphone button to test it, and it works. But now it wont turn off. I tried clicking the button again, but it just wont stop testing for voice input. Does anyone know how to turn it off, or if it can be?

:)

titedog, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Aug 12, 2018
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    Microphone & Speaking

Hi tlcadieux2,

There are a number of reasons why you are having challenges in using the Microphone while talking to Cortana.

Below are the different methods on how to get this resolved.

Method 1: Turn on the Microphone in Settings.

This is the most common reason why the Microphone is not working. You can turn on the Microphone by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Privacy.
    • Click Microphone.
    • Under Let apps use my microphone, slide the toggle button to turn it on.

Method 2: Set up Microphone from the Control Panel.

Modifying the Sound Settings may help in resolving your concern. Follow the steps below:

• Type Sound in Cortana Search.
    • Choose the first search result.
    • Click the Recording tab.
    • If you can’t find the Microphone from the list, right-click on the list then select Show Disabled Devices, otherwise proceed to step 5.
    • Right-click the Microphone.
    • Select Enable.
    • Click Properties.
    • Choose the Levels tab.
    • Set the Microphone volume to a higher value.
    • Choose the Enhancements tab.
    • Tick the box beside the Disable all sound effects option.
    • Hit OK.

Method 3: Update the Microphone driver.

Here’s an article that would walk you through the steps on how to update drivers
    in Windows 10. It also includes steps in case you would have to uninstall and reinstall the Microphone driver.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

1. "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off. - Similar Threads - Test Microphone Wont

2. microphone test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone test: I just got a headset for my win 10 os --- its bluetooth paired OK ---- I am able to listen to apps like itunes -- no issues I tried to use the microphone of the headset and ran into a problem It does not seem to be picking up and sounds. I rand the troubleshooter test and in...
  3. Microphone turning on and off rapidly

Microphone turning on and off rapidly: My Mic that I bought not too long ago just entirely glitches the sound systemI get high cpu usage from Windows Audio service and the microphone activates and deactivates rapidlyIt's a Maono au-pm421...
  4. How do I turn off "test microphone" in settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off "test microphone" in settings?: I have tried troubleshooting and restarting and neither has worked. It is really irritating having to listen to every sound I make through my computer even when I close the settings app...
  5. Can't turn off microphone test

Can't turn off microphone test: Ran microphone test for HP laptop. Microphone works ok. But, nowcan't turn test off; even keystrokes echo through speakers. Ran diagnostics; no problem found. Searched for solution on INet; found "reboot."Restarted. No help....
  6. how to turn on off the microphone

how to turn on off the microphone: How do I turn the microphone on and off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-off-the-microphone/cbe32352-4694-432e-af55-96a8d77c75b6
  7. Subwoofer wont turn off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Subwoofer wont turn off.: My DIY-Subwoofer (Monacor Sam-200d) has an auto standby feature (if Signal is lower than 170mV over 25 minutes). This worked fine until i extended the cable between the PC and the Module from 1m to ~3m. Thought about a faulty cable but verified it with my laptop. (It even...
  8. Microphone turns on and off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone turns on and off randomly: Hi, Ever since I changed Windows versions (a while ago), my sound turns on and off randomly. When it does it is rapidly turning on and off -so much so, that I can't use my mouse for 30seconds to a minute at a time. And, the turn on/off moments are quite frequent. (I'm on...
  9. turn off microphone

turn off microphone: My microphone is to sensitive. I'm getting feedback How do I stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/turn-off-microphone/e1c01c28-9c0a-4228-a77c-0ba2da514dae
  10. test my microphone

test my microphone: when I check the settings on my laptop - windows 10 - the option is there to test my microphone but not accessible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/test-my-microphone/f590ad15-8448-41f1-845c-3a07c820bab7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows test microphone wont turn off