Windows 10: test my microphone

Discus and support test my microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I check the settings on my laptop - windows 10 - the option is there to test my microphone but not accessible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by flynboy2, Aug 16, 2018.

1. flynboy2 Win User

test my microphone

when I check the settings on my laptop - windows 10 - the option is there to test my microphone but not accessible

:)

flynboy2, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2018
  3. microphone

Since you're using an external headset/microphone, we suggest using a different headset to test if the same issue will occur. You can also run the built-in troubleshooter for hardware and sound by following the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel app from the search result.
    • Under Troubleshoot computer problems, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen guide

We will wait for an update.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

test my microphone

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

test my microphone

1. test my microphone - Similar Threads - test microphone

2. no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test: no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test, its the only thing that detects it. nothing else does, not discord, not any game. i have tried almost everything.....
  3. no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test: no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test, its the only thing that detects it. nothing else does, not discord, not any game. i have tried almost everything.....
  4. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?: USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-microphone-recognized-and-volume-on-mic/01e1702d-42e3-4c55-8dc5-288f0264be88
  5. USB PNP microphone test 1% fix

USB PNP microphone test 1% fix: I have a still currently sols mic that does not work with either desk or lab top. It shows as recognized and selected as default device. Volume on teh mic is st to maximum. How to get it to work?...
  6. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?: USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-microphone-recognized-and-volume-on-mic/01e1702d-42e3-4c55-8dc5-288f0264be88
  7. USB PNP microphone test 1% fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PNP microphone test 1% fix: I have a still currently sols mic that does not work with either desk or lab top. It shows as recognized and selected as default device. Volume on teh mic is st to maximum. How to get it to work?...
  8. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

9. USB PNP microphone test 1% fix

10. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.: Yesterday it was working fine, I suspend my computer and went to sleep. Today I enter a call on discord and my friend was not hearing me. He called me on steam and he was hearing me, so we tried on teamspeak 3, but it was just the same as discord. I've tried a number of...