Windows 10: Test Report on Edge Browser

Discus and support Test Report on Edge Browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been happily using Edge for quite some time, although it appears many others prefer Chrome or Firefox, which are great in their own right. You can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr Ed, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Test Report on Edge Browser

I've been happily using Edge for quite some time, although it appears many others prefer Chrome or Firefox, which are great in their own right. You can read the report on Edge, as well as comparison with the other popular browsers here:

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...ing-tests.html

:)

Mr Ed, Dec 12, 2017

2. Adobe Flash

Flash Player Not Working

Problem occurs on a Windows 10 environment, when using the IE 11 (NOT EDGE) browser.

The Flash Player is "Enabled" as the many 'solutions' advise, but this wasn't the causal issue.

The Active-X Filtering is NOT active as the many 'solutions' advise, but this wasn't the causal issue.

Testing the Flash Player at the Adobe site indicates that "Flash Player" is integrated with IE, and the test on that webpage works. The indication that the current version is installed doesn't indicate if that applies to both the "IE 11" browser and the
    "Edge" browser so there is some degree of ambiguity if it is checking both or just the EDGE.

I can find no procedures for checking, testing or identifying any means of verifying any settings, status or version of Flash Player so that support area isn't available or easily located.

This seems to be a very common problem since there are numerous reports about the Flash Player not working.

Note: I have other devices running Windows 10 and using IE11 that are fine with the Flash Player add-on.

DannaBauer, Dec 12, 2017
  3. mommax3 Win User
    Why isn't website activity reported when child uses Edge

I have activity reporting turned on for my son through family features. However, when he uses Edge, there is no activity reported. Why???? Is this app excluded from the web activity reporting? How to change that because family features specifically
    states that activity reporting will only work with Edge or IE browser and no other browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc...)????????? If it's not going to report on Edge, then I need to know so I can purchase a parental control app that will work with Firefox. I
    can't the main websites he needs to access do not support IE.

mommax3, Dec 12, 2017
  4. Test Report on Edge Browser

Good as I use Edge all the time, I also find it very good and that is excellent news

hTconeM9user, Dec 12, 2017
  5. Edge is my main browser too. Use it .................. 95% of the time. With Vivaldi as my secondary browser. Totally happy with both Edges speed and reliability. I don't really use many extensions so that's not an issue with me. Fast and safe IS though and Edge has that covered.

indianacarnie, Dec 20, 2017
  6. Thinking of using Edge myself, but my question is as a security standpoint, does Edge support or provide TLS 1.1 and 1.2 encryption protocols?

win10freak, Dec 21, 2017
  7. exploder Win User
    I started using Edge when I reinstalled Windows 10 because of issues I was having. I was not crazy about the idea but I did not want to install much. Turns out that I like Edge better than I liked Firefox and I had used it for years!

exploder, Dec 21, 2017
  8. Test Report on Edge Browser

I have used Edge since day one when I upgraded to Windows 10.
    Have dumped all others including IE11, even use it on my Windows phone.
    Had no trouble and does everything I ask of it and also very secure and fast

hTconeM9user, Dec 22, 2017
  9. Does Edge support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 security?

win10freak, Dec 22, 2017
  10. dencal Win User
    Yes it uses the same protocol as IE11.....but with added improved safety features.

dencal, Dec 22, 2017
  11. vram Win User
    Does anyone else notice how labored Edge appears to be when transitioning to full screen and back on YouTube? It’s smooth as butter on Firefox. Just curious about the cause?

12. HRC
    HRC Win User
    I was using Edge and really liked it until I discovered you can't right click on a photo and see it's properties. I went back to IE11.

13. Test Report on Edge Browser

Still think that Edge needs a lot more work to be fully functional in other things or actions. In other words, Edge may have increased its stability and its much faster than before, but as far as the lack of functional features needs to be improved.

With that being said, maybe many of those functional features like right clicking on a photo to see its properties might be due to Edge’s security structure.

This is why Edge is a secure browser because the less add-ins and less things you add into it. Keeping apps basic means less exploits.

win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Test Report on Edge Browser

1. Test Report on Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Test Report Edge

2. Browsers use reporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers use reporting: Hello,Using Microsoft 365 E3 setup with Intune+Azure AD Join+Defender 365;Using this environment, is there an easy way to report which browsers users use and which version?The target is to:1. Allow MS Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.2. Disable all other browsers.Would be...
  3. Browsers use reporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers use reporting: Hello,Using Microsoft 365 E3 setup with Intune+Azure AD Join+Defender 365;Using this environment, is there an easy way to report which browsers users use and which version?The target is to:1. Allow MS Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.2. Disable all other browsers.Would be...
  4. Microsoft is testing some changes to Edge's Tracking Prevention settings, and the browser...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is testing some changes to Edge's Tracking Prevention settings, and the browser...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rda12b/microsoft_is_testing_some_changes_to_edges/
  5. Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_Ninja_b0y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n4rvpg/microsoft_is_testing_an_automatic_https_mode_in/
  6. edge on test of uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge on test of uploads: hi i have cpu 9400f with 16 gb ram, windows 10 pro 64 bits with all updates done. when i do the speedtest.net the download is ok but upload instead of 20 mb is on 2 mb. If i do the test on chrome everything ok. can any body tell me, i saw some people with same problem win...
  7. edge on test of uploads

in Windows 10 Support
    edge on test of uploads: hi i have cpu 9400f with 16 gb ram, windows 10 pro 64 bits with all updates done. when i do the speedtest.net the download is ok but upload instead of 20 mb is on 2 mb. If i do the test on chrome everything ok. can any body tell me, i saw some people with same problem win...
  8. Microsoft is testing a startup booster for its Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a startup booster for its Edge browser: Microsoft is running an experiment in the latest Microsoft Edge Canary version to find out if the changes can speed up the startup of the web browser. Called Startup Boost, it is available to a subset of Edge Canary users only at the time of writing. The feature is not...
  9. Microsoft is reportedly testing a new way to recommend Edge browser in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing a new way to recommend Edge browser in Windows 10: Ads or suggestions in Windows 10 have become a never-ending saga and while Microsoft still promotes its apps in the Store, the company is learning from its own mistakes. We recently reported that software giant was using a different approach to promote built-in Windows 10...
  10. Browser Benchmark Testing

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Benchmark Testing: Browser Benchmark Testing Please advise if you would like me to test other browsers Information: Test Setup: All tests were done using http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com. All tests we done with all (if any) browser add-ons disabled. The browser being tested was the only...