Windows 10: Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection

Discus and support Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just found this today, A very simple way to test if your browser is vulnerable to Cryptojacking it only takes a min. Cryptojacking Test... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sml156, Mar 9, 2018.

1. sml156 Win User

Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection

Just found this today, A very simple way to test if your browser is vulnerable to Cryptojacking it only takes a min.

Cryptojacking Test

Hopefully you will get the same result as me.

Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection [​IMG]

:)

sml156, Mar 9, 2018
  2. Rik92 Win User

Crypto jacking and data mining

I suppose you're right. I asked Avast again about the addons and about Avasts protection against malware like cryptojacking and this is their reply: The addon only allows you to view the rating of websites and also rate websites, It is not about
    security as such, and yes you are protected when you use these browsers (IE and Edge).

Rik92, Mar 9, 2018
  3. How to Stop CPU Usage?

It sounds like it could be cryptojacking. What if you close all browser-related processes like iexplore.exe and chrome.exe ?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 9, 2018
  4. Cliff S New Member

I got the same score with Edge and Chrome on my PC, and I have the latest updated HOST file, so I have a feeling this is Opera's version of scareware*Sad

Cliff S, Mar 9, 2018
  5. sml156 Win User
    I have been running my own DNS/DHCP server for over a year now, I find it works better than the hosts file because it protects my whole network.

I run two DNS/DHCP servers, One is on an old crappy laptop and the other is on a virtual machine it takes very little resources to run only 512mb ram, less than 2 gig hard drive and 1 processor is all it needs.

GitHub - pi-hole/pi-hole: A black hole for Internet advertisements
    A subreddit dedicated to Pi-hole®
    Pi-hole Userspace

sml156, Mar 9, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Good idea, but for those of us without the equipment to run our private DNS the hosts works too. All my browsers (including IE) test as protected, but without a hosts they all fail the test.

Bree, Mar 9, 2018
  7. sml156 Win User
    One computer I have it running on is an old (~10 - 15 years) Compaq presario 32 bit 4 gig ram running Windows 10 and in VMware workstation i'm running my DNS/DHCP server, works like a charm.

You really don't need as much resources as you might think.

sml156, Mar 9, 2018
  8. sml156 Win User

For anyone wishing for an easy way to take care of your hosts file there is an automated tool to pick and add lists to you hosts file.

I was using these tool's to help me with my hosts file for years with no problems.

Hostsman
    http://www.abelhadigital.com/hostsman

I also used hosts server to make queries faster.
    http://www.abelhadigital.com/hostsserver

Not sure why but the links are not working for me although Down For Everyone Or Just Me - Check if a website or site is down. say's they are working.

sml156, Mar 9, 2018
  9. Slippery Win User
    This with Chrome with all miners block extension. No hosts file additions.

Slippery, Mar 9, 2018
  10. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs

Cliff S, Mar 9, 2018
  11. Smiley1 Win User
    Which miners blocker are you using? I did a search and I came up with three.

Smiley1, Mar 9, 2018
  12. Slippery Win User

In Chrome settings>more tools>extensions;

Slippery, Mar 9, 2018
  13. EdTittel Win User
    Everything I've read says MinerBlock (the tool shown above, and the one I've got installed on Chrome and Firefox on my PC) is the best. Others include these all found in the Chrome Web Store:

Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection [​IMG]

Don't know as much about these (yet).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  14. eLPuSHeR Win User
    It says I am protected under latest Firefox. I am only using OpenDNS. No antiminer extensions here.

eLPuSHeR, Mar 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection - Similar Threads - Test Web Browser’s

2. to help protect your security your web browser has restricted this file from showing active...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to help protect your security your web browser has restricted this file from showing active...: to help protect your security your web browser has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer.click here for options...
  3. to help protect your security your web browser has restricted this file from showing active...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to help protect your security your web browser has restricted this file from showing active...: to help protect your security your web browser has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer.click here for options...
  4. to help protect your security your web browser has restricted this file from showing active...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. to help protect your security your web browser has restricted this file from showing active...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. What's your favorite web browser?

in Browsers and Email
    What's your favorite web browser?: What's your favorite web browser to use? My favorite web browser to use is Firefox ESR 181791
  7. Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??: I never click on an EMAIL link. I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location. ----------------- QUESTION ----------------- 1) Is this OK or am I still opening myself up to get infected? 2) What is the best way to...
  8. Browser keeps switching off web protection Checked Web Protection in Defender - No Providers

Browser keeps switching off web protection Checked Web Protection in Defender - No Providers: For the longest time no matter how many times I set browser security to 'Allow' it changes itself to 'Insecure' contacted MS told to change Explorer settings did that made no difference. Now no matter now all sites saying 'Insecure' checked Web protection in Defender it says...
  9. Any web protection for browser for windows defender?

Any web protection for browser for windows defender?: I would like to know on whether windows defender offers any web protection for browser or not Browser : Edge, FireFox, Chrome Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  10. Interesting ability for your web browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Interesting ability for your web browser.: Place link to a folder on your hard drive in your browser favorites bar. Open your browser. Open File Explorer/Windows Explorer. Left click on the folder icon in File Explorer and drag it to the Favorites Bar in your browser. You can then change the name displayed by...