Windows 10: Testing a cloned hdd....will I be able to use it as a bootup drive

Discus and support Testing a cloned hdd....will I be able to use it as a bootup drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just cloned my 1 TB desktop HD onto a n 1 TB HDD and want to test it before installing Can I plug the clone into my desktop via USB, change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by provlima, Jul 22, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

Testing a cloned hdd....will I be able to use it as a bootup drive

I've just cloned my 1 TB desktop HD onto a n 1 TB HDD and want to test it before installing

Can I plug the clone into my desktop via USB, change the desktop's BIOS to boot from the cloned disk?

:)

provlima, Jul 22, 2018

2. Will Windows 10 with a 1TB HDD work alright with a External SATA HDD cloned drive?

Hi, I'm about to get an External HDD"flat docking station"with an USB 3.0 to clone from my internal HDD. Will it make a difference which drive I use with Windows 10? Also, I'll be cloning this drive from a 1TB drive that only has 130GB on it that's 50%
    fragmented (after I use the defagger) The HDD drive I'll be cloning to is also 1TB, will the fragmented files from the internal HDD show up on the cloned drive? I hope that's not a "dull" question.

deerpark243, Jul 22, 2018
  3. OOLuigiOo Win User
    Failing HDD and Cloning

You seem intend on this install clean install windows when I have said windows does not run on that drive and TeraCopy doesn't even budge anymore.
    for moving files from that drive. Then there are those that have suggested imaging and 1 or 2 that talked about cloning software.

I now have 3 HDDs left...

So nothing is copying, no cloning and imaging, now what?

OOLuigiOo, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive

What are you talking about, I have Samsung 830 for 5 years and its still running great there is no issue with NTFS and SSD

To the OP all you have to do is use Macrium Reflect to clone your disk to your SSD you'll have to option to shrink your C partition before you start the actual clone check out this video
    it walks you through step by step

Clintlgm, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Testing a cloned hdd....will I be able to use it as a bootup drive - Similar Threads - Testing cloned hdd

2. Cloned Mechanical HDD Drive to a SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloned Mechanical HDD Drive to a SSD Issue: [ATTACH] Hello all, I'm not up to date on the current things of PC's. I use to build them way back when a 100MB drive was $100 USD if that tells you anything, LOL! Anyway, I cloned a Seagate BarraCuda HDD to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD a few years ago and it has made it to...
  3. Cloning hdd ?

Cloning hdd ?: Hello I just bought a 3tb hdd and I want to move/ copy all my games from one hdd to another. So the question is is it possible to transfer just games to new hdd without re-downloading all the games. Also I plan on wiping old hdd clean for to use as another storage device on...
  4. HDD not recognised on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD not recognised on bootup: Hi all, My PC was on playing Spotify, I came back to it after being in the other room and the PC had crashed and booted to a 'no recognised boot disk' screen. I've tried Startup Repair which as far as I know has never worked for me or anyone I know on any problem ever,...
  5. Clone HDD 2.5 to 2.5 SSD for testing, then back to original HDD

Clone HDD 2.5 to 2.5 SSD for testing, then back to original HDD: How is windows 10 going to react to the following: 1) Clone Win10 from 200g HDD to 240G SSD 2) swap out HDD with SSD 3) do testing with SSD 4) put old HDD back into laptop Will going from the HDD to SSD make W10 freak out with licensing ? then freak out again when I put...
  6. cloning a HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning a HDD: I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't produce a bootable/recogizable drive. Any ideas on how i can resolve the replacement of my laptop HDD? Cheers/Thanks...
  7. how to clone hdd to usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to clone hdd to usb flash drive: Hi All, Hope this is the right tread.. A few years back I got some great help here on installing new drive, I have a Lenovo All in one PC and time to upgrade to a bigger drive, has any one done this on an All in one pc, if so how? Last time I did this if I recall I bought...
  8. how to clone hdd to usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to clone hdd to usb flash drive: Hi All, Hope this is the right tread.. A few years back I got some great help here on installing new drive, I have a Lenovo All in one PC and time to upgrade to a bigger drive, has any one done this on an All in one pc, if so how? Last time I did this if I recall I bought...
  9. Copy/Clone of HDD used for Windows Backups

Copy/Clone of HDD used for Windows Backups: I use a 500 gb external HDD to store Windows backup files and System Images. I do a backup each morning. The 500gb external HDD stays connected to the computer and holds approximately 10 System Images in addition to the file backups A few days ago, I used Macrium Reflect...
  10. Tested cloning application

Tested cloning application: Hello there. does anybody here would like to tell me what best application i can use for cloning any types of computer. Like for example i want to clone my windows 10 in my PC and i want to install my clone to my external hard drive. and i want to install it on my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to test a cloned hard drive

2. clone drive testing on usb