Windows 10: Testing Macrim Reflect

Discus and support Testing Macrim Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Many experts here have recommended using Macrim as a preferred backup program. So now that I've had it for a while and my win 10 is stable, how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by msny, Jun 5, 2016.

1. msny Win User

Testing Macrim Reflect

Many experts here have recommended using Macrim as a preferred
    backup program.

So now that I've had it for a while and my win 10 is stable, how does
    one "test" the backup image without doing it for real?

Appreciate any advice and tips.

:)

msny, Jun 5, 2016
  2. GCrumbley Win User

SurfacePro 4 Stuck in loop after Win10 update

got it!

• got it to the UEFI screen
    • disabled secure boot and TPM
    • connected the USB with the image files (Macrim Reflex)
    • select EXIT and RESTART
    • NOTE: Here's where I got lucky
      • when the SURFACE logo comes up with the RED unlocked banner at the top; I hit the power button again.
    It went to the USB drive, I selected FIX BOOT ERRORS and that solved the issue

GCrumbley, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Atim140 Win User
    Hosted network suddenly not supported in Windows 10

Hello,

I've already tested the solutios suggested there before but didn't work. But this lead me to reflect about the solution.

Finally, I downloaded a driver for windows 8.1 released in 2014 and...... IT WORKS.

Bye,

Atim140, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Testing Macrim Reflect

remove current hdd and apply backup to a spare hdd and boot from it..

otherwise you have to do it for real..

Kyhi, Jun 5, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Your system specs show that you are using the Windows 10 Home edition, which means that you cannot use Hyper-V virtualization (for free Hyper-V, Pro, Education or Enterprise edition is required).

You can install free VirtualBox or VMware Player, create a new virtual machine, boot it with Macrium boot disk and restore the image to test it works.

Kari, Jun 5, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    that process comes with a whole new set of user instructions...

Kyhi, Jun 5, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    ... and yet it is the best and easiest way to test the integrity of a system image.

Or do you mean that replacing hard disk, which assumes that a user has a spare to use, is so easy it does not need any additional instructions?

Kari, Jun 5, 2016
  8. Kyhi Win User

Testing Macrim Reflect

other then actually restoring it to a drive....

Kyhi, Jun 5, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 5, 2016
  10. msny Win User
    Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated.

11. msny Win User
    I'm an IT developer and not a systems guy, but I think I
    can work with this.

I'm going to work through installing the VirtualBox from Oracle.
    I found a descent install video from here. This guy basically
    goes into great detail and it looks good even though hes using
    windows 7.

How To Use VirtualBox - Complete Step by Step Tutorial - YouTube

Now my only question so far is, in the video it prompts to install an operating system
    on one step.

If I'm only using this as backup, to test my Macrim Image what do I do on this step?
    Testing Macrim Reflect [​IMG]

12. Kari Win User
    Select the OS you will use on that virtual machine, Windows 10 in this case. When setup then asks the OS install media, use Macrium Rescue boot disk or ISO image.

13. msny Win User

Testing Macrim Reflect

Will the Macrium Rescue Boot disk just appear as a selection, or do I
    need to create it first?

When I installed Macrim I only created the DVD rescue disk.
    So, not sure if I need to do something *else* before I get to this step in Macrim?

14. Kari Win User
    '
    That's the one you should use. You can also create an ISO rescue media later on by selecting ISO instead of CD/DVD:

Testing Macrim Reflect [​IMG]

15. Steve C Win User
    Definitely use Verify and you can mount and explore the image file just to check there were no basic errors in creating the file.

Steve C, Jun 18, 2016
Thema:

Testing Macrim Reflect

1. Testing Macrim Reflect - Similar Threads - Testing Macrim Reflect

2. How can I test Macrium Reflect Free backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I test Macrium Reflect Free backup?: Because my Windows 10 pro crashed an became unbootable recently, I decided to be a little more proactive. To my dismay I found that Macrium Reflect Free does not support file backup, nor could I find a way to find and replace a file in the disk image backup I had made. I...
  3. testing Macrium Reflect image restore completely

testing Macrium Reflect image restore completely: I am evaluating Macrium Reflect Free Edition Version 7.2 Build 4473 on Windows 10 Home version 1903 build 18362.388, desktop PC. I've been successfully creating full and differential images the last few days and I'd like to try to test an image restore as if my main drive...
  4. Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall

Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall: I have been trying to restore my first Windows 10 image. For some reason I have not been able to get into the Macrium forum. Maybe somebody has some thought to get me over a stuck place? Here the path to my stall. Hopefully it will make sense to those with experience?...
  5. Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrim Free Backup / Restore Stall: I have been trying to restore my first Windows 10 image. For some reason I have not been able to get into the Macrium forum. Maybe somebody has some thought to get me over a stuck place? Here the path to my stall. Hopefully it will make sense to those with experience?...
  6. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  7. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  8. Macrium Reflect Disaster

Macrium Reflect Disaster: W10 Pro, 16GB RAM, 480Gb SSD Macrium Reflect Free v. 6.3.1835.0, attempting to image drive C:\. After several hours, image failed to complete. System would not reboot in any way, not from CD/DVD drive, Flash drive etc., Ubuntu.. Data on C and other HD OK. Attempt to...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...