Windows 10: Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer

Discus and support Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Suddenly everything in Files Explorer has shrunk almost to tiny dots. The text cannot be read, even if magnified, the icons are just about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by clayto, Jan 24, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer

Suddenly everything in Files Explorer has shrunk almost to tiny dots. The text cannot be read, even if magnified, the icons are just about distinguishable. There is nothing in Settings or Control Panel of relevance.

What can I do? Is there a way to replace the Windows Explorer file itself, assuming it is has corrupted? I have one Restore Point I could also try if needed.

:)

clayto, Jan 24, 2018
  2. jumbeen Win User

Text on Desktop Icons and Windows Explorer shrunk to miniscle size

To Joshua Her1,

Thank you for your help. I contacted Embird's designer who suggested I reset the Desktop Display to another setting and then run a restart before resetting it back to normal and refreshing the desktop. This actually worked. So, I can now read both my
    Desktop and Windows Explorer again. I had tried this before but did not run the restart in between. At this stage, I don't know exactly what fixed it as I've tried so many things and run so many updates. Anyway, I do thank you for your efforts as I am sure
    they helped reset the system.

jumbeen, Jan 24, 2018
  3. jumbeen Win User
    Text on Desktop Icons and Windows Explorer shrunk to miniscle size

Yes, I ran your troubleshooting ideas yesterday. They came back as all OK, but the tiny text still persists. I ran Windows Update yesterday (15-Feb-2018) as per the screen shot I posted. This also had no effect on the problem. I will run Windows Update
    again today.

jumbeen, Jan 24, 2018
Thema:

Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer

1. Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Text icons shrunk

2. Comments attributes unreadable by File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comments attributes unreadable by File Explorer: On my Windows 10 PC, the Comments attribute is no longer readable or writable from File Explorer or equivalent like xplorer2. It did work for the first two months I had the PC. This is the case for all file types from all drives and even files on other PCs on the network. The...
  3. Comments attribute unreadable by File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comments attribute unreadable by File Explorer: On my Windows 10 PC, the Comments attribute is no longer readable or writable from File Explorer or equivalent like xplorer2. It did work for the first two months I had the PC. This is the case for all file types from all drives and other PCs on the network. The Comments...
  4. win10 bsod. text unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 bsod. text unreadable: I've read a lot about blue screens but no one ever posted saying they couldn't read it.Sometimes the text is legible other times it appears to be a different language, it could be just gibberish. . But either way it always reboots. I've tried to disable the reboot feature but...
  5. Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug: [ATTACH] Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0 is black and unreadable submitted by /u/tommasovdev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9s97t/explorer_dark_mode_text_unreadable_bug/
  6. text in file explorer powerpoint pop-up menus is corrupted unreadable

in Windows 10 Customization
    text in file explorer powerpoint pop-up menus is corrupted unreadable: Text in Windows 10 File Explorer, PowerPoint 365, and in pop-up menus are corrupted and unreadable. This screen shot is from PowerPoint 365. Note both the text on the slide and the pop-up menu. [ATTACH] This screen shot is from File Explorer. Notice the missing file...
  7. PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF text is rectangular & unreadable: Our Senior Center provides us with monthly pdf newsletters. --- At their office those newsletters are readable. They have a third-party company that sends them out via an email distribution list. --- Until June 2018 they were readable. --- However, starting in July 2018...
  8. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...
  9. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...
  10. Text in Edge's Tabpage unreadable

in Browsers and Email
    Text in Edge's Tabpage unreadable: Something very minor but annoying. I noticed the following recently: [img] The color of the texts in the tabs are the same as the color of the tabheaders themselves which make them hard to read. Anyone else who has this? 89890

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer page has shrunk