Windows 10: text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

Discus and support text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlishaMullins, Aug 15, 2018.

1. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated

:)

AlishaMullins, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Berton Win User

Drag and Drop txt to Notepad won't work

Worked for me to open Notepad then drag a file such as .htm from Documents into it. It did not work to drag a document to the Notepad icon in Windows Accessories or when pinned to the Taskbar like it did in Win7 when I had Notepad pinned to the Start menu.

Berton, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Notepad - Cant drag and drop to open txt

Normally, if I have notepad open, I would be able to click and drag an appropriate file into notepad, like a txt file, and it would open in notepad. Now, when I click and drag files into notepad, nothing happens.

Any Suggestions

VarxtisFoh, Aug 15, 2018
  4. varxtis Win User

text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

Drag and Drop txt to Notepad won't work

Normally, if I have notepad open, I would be able to click and drag an appropriate file into notepad, like a txt file, and it would open in notepad. Now, when I click and drag files into notepad, nothing happens.
    Any Suggestions.

varxtis, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

1. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open - Similar Threads - text documents txt

2. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  3. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  4. Can't open .txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open .txt files with notepad?: I recently installed VScode and it changed .txt files to open with it, but I wanted notepad back. I tried to go into the open with menu, but I was not there, so I click the "choose another app on this computer" button and selected notepad C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe, but...
  5. Can't open .txt files with notepad?

Can't open .txt files with notepad?: I recently installed VScode and it changed .txt files to open with it, but I wanted notepad back. I tried to go into the open with menu, but I was not there, so I click the "choose another app on this computer" button and selected notepad C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe, but...
  6. Notepad doesnt have any text in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad doesnt have any text in documents: hi, my notepad app isnt working, i have reinstalled it twice, updated to windows 11, also ran malware etc and pc is fine, the pages are not opening and are showing as blank when i run my mouse over the notepad icon at the bottom of the screen, but they wont open up with the...
  7. Notepad doesnt have any text in documents

Notepad doesnt have any text in documents: hi, my notepad app isnt working, i have reinstalled it twice, updated to windows 11, also ran malware etc and pc is fine, the pages are not opening and are showing as blank when i run my mouse over the notepad icon at the bottom of the screen, but they wont open up with the...
  8. Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chqnging [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jub4yq/text_documents_and_notepads_wont_open/
  9. Notepad is unable to open txt files on an SMB share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad is unable to open txt files on an SMB share: After updating from Windows 10 version 1803 to version 1909, I cannot open .txt files that have been saved to SMB shares using Notepad. The files work correctly with other applications like Notepad++, and they also worked correctly before the update. Unfortunately the error...
  10. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows...