Windows 10: Text Editor with Multiple Search Replace lines

Discus and support Text Editor with Multiple Search Replace lines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All I am looking for a text editor which will allow me to take multiple lines from one text file (if it helps I also have the information in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by er0senn1n, Sep 8, 2015.

1. er0senn1n Win User

Text Editor with Multiple Search Replace lines

Hello All

I am looking for a text editor which will allow me to take multiple lines from one text file (if it helps I also have the information in a spreadsheet) and will then replace then lines in another line of that document.

I am trying to make a list for my books and comics.

<Book Series="{name}" Number="{no.}" Volume="{year}" </Book>
    <Book Series="{name}" Number="{no.}" Volume="{year}" </Book>

For the comics it would need to replace the above format so;

<Book Series="{Batman}" Number="{01}" Volume="{2011}" </Book>

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

:)

er0senn1n, Sep 8, 2015

2. Notepad codes, commands, and Outlook 2016

How I can search and replace wanted/not wanted line breaks in Notepad?

-> Sorry, you can't. Notepad is a very basic text editor that lacks advanced functions.

Frederik Long, Sep 8, 2015
  3. al_lea Win User
    Is it possible to limit synchronizatio with outlook to

vCard files are in plain text. So they can be edited in text editor - a multi files replace should work well to remove that EMAIL line in the file.

(make sure you'd backuped all contacts before editing)

al_lea, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Hi and welcome! Text Editor with Multiple Search Replace lines :)

Notepad++ is a very good text editor and it also supports doing search and replace actions based on regular expressions.

The exact regular expression, which you can use will depend on how exactly the input looks like, e.g. how the different entries are separated.

Joergi, Sep 8, 2015
  5. er0senn1n Win User
    So if i used my excel file and the expressions were listed under different headings the search and replace function should be able to grab the entries from each column

er0senn1n, Sep 8, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    In text files you do not have columns; if you want to do this with a text editor, then columns cannot be used directly. However, I think you should be able to convert your spreadsheet into something else, e.g. into a comma-separated list or into something where you have tabs between the different entries like so:

Batman,01,2011
    Batman\t01\t2011

With that you should be able to grab the different values...

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Text Editor with Multiple Search Replace lines - Similar Threads - Text Editor Multiple

2. Video Editor Text slide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor Text slide: Hello, am having trouble with the duration of my text slide. I have set it at 7 seconds as it's for my brother's funeral pictures and has text to read at the end of the presentation.The text stays up for 2 seconds too quick to read, then a blank slide without text shows up...
  3. Text editors fail to open

in Windows 10 Support
    Text editors fail to open: I use text editors "Text Maker" and "Jarte". When I initially open either of them the page comes up blank. Shortly I get an error message stating that the program is not responding and it needs to be reported to Microsoft. Then I close that window and reopen the program...
  4. Help! Text on Video Editor

Help! Text on Video Editor: Please help, I have a video I am supposed to have finished by today but where I have added text on some of the photo slides it's decided to make some text stationary and some move - how do it edit the moving text? It zoom's in from the bottom and I'm stressed hah!...
  5. Automating search-replace across multiple files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automating search-replace across multiple files?: I need to replace a text entry in the header of multiple .wav files. The header text is in 16-bit format, so in the HxD editor each character appears as two bytes: q 113 00 = 61 00 " 34 00 2 50 00 7 55 00 " 34 00 Across dozens of files, I need to change the...
  6. Is WordPad a text editor?

Is WordPad a text editor?: I have come across a contradiction that both notepad and WordPad are text editors. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-wordpad-a-text-editor/0bc10591-4049-4e25-8579-729aec2d3883
  7. Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text for multiple files. Does Microsoft have a facility to this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Windows 10 system?...
  8. Typing lines of text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Typing lines of text: At end of line of text how do I move cursor to next line and not use Enter or Shift key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-lines-of-text/f6e53a9f-9d5a-4074-81bd-68f6b5391dc8"
  9. Insert a new line character in a text file with a with the find/replace in notepad

Insert a new line character in a text file with a with the find/replace in notepad: I am trying to insert a new line character in a text file with NotePads Find/Replace menu item in windows 10. Can anyone give any help with this? Thanks for your time, Garry...
  10. Problem with text in Video Editor

Problem with text in Video Editor: I put together a multi photo presentation using Video Editor. Yesterday morning it was fine. I then did a few final edits to text on a few photos and saved the file. When I looked at it yesterday afternoon before sending, the text on each slide that has it now appears in a...