Windows 10: Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Discus and support Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting. Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks',... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rowlands111, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

:)

rowlands111, Aug 12, 2016
  2. DJT999 Win User

Edge - Unable to Copy from the screen

I have just installed the latest W10 Anniversary update from MS and use Edge all of the time.

Since the update I am unable to highlight a portion of text (on a website) and then right click to Copy the highlighted text.

I can still do this using IE.

This is a feature that I regularly use and have had no problems until today.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

DJT999, Aug 12, 2016
  3. DJT999 Win User
    Edge - Unable to Copy from the screen

Hello Vijaya,

Thanks for looking at my problem.

I haven't yet performed a clean boot but been testing a few things out first.

We have a website written to manage our sport in the County.

On one screen I can perform a highlight of text, right mouse click and then copy with no problems.

On another screen, I highlight the text and then right mouse click and the system hangs (with the spinning wheel).
    Eventually I get the message “xxxx (website name) is not responding” with the button to ‘recover webpage’. The type of website we have means that when I select the bottom to recover the webpage we are logged out of the site.

I have tried again on the second screen and after highlighting the text required I used ctrl C and the ctrl V to copy the text into excel and it worked.

As I have said before, I did not have this issue before the Anniversary update.

When I was replying to your post, I highlighted some text that I wanted to move and right mouse clicked.
    I had the same issue and I was thrown out of the MS Community website and lost all of my reply. I had to log back in and start the reply again.

Is this any further help that may point to the problem area?

I will be unable to perform a clean boot for at least a few days due to time constraints.

Regards

Dave

DJT999, Aug 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Hi, not seen this..
    Try for comparison:
    a. in Safe Mode
    b. after a clean boot
    c. with all context menu entries disabled other than MS ones - use Shellexview (free).

dalchina, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Hi dalchina,
    Great suggestions, thank you.
    I will try certainly try them and report back.

rowlands111, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

1. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue - Similar Threads - Text highlight sticking

2. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  3. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  4. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  5. Highlighting text

Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  6. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...
  7. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  8. Updates post Anniversary just keep running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates post Anniversary just keep running: Since the Anniversary update, Windows has updated 3 times. Each time I have restarted my PC to install, it just runs and runs ie the little whirly circle on the screen and an occasional blip on the hard disk light. The first time I let it run for 3 hours as I saw this being...
  9. Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana News Post Anniversary Update: Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue. Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did pre anniversary update but it does not now. My region/location is all UK. Many thanks 59356
  10. Anniversary Update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update issues: I updated to the Anni version today and I am not 100% impressed with it. Firstly, I couldn't access the menu using left click but using the right click was ok, Secondly, I find that I am unable to open a .pdf in Adobe reader DC for some strange reason? I tried downloading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. highlighting of text not sticking

2. problems with highlighting and pasting

3. mouse difficulty copy paste highlight

4. mouse highlighting no cursor issues