Windows 10: Text in right click menus on taskbar missing

Discus and support Text in right click menus on taskbar missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think this is related to tiles disappearing on the start menu. It feels like a graphic bug. But I'm not sure. [img] 25411 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elbeasto, Oct 6, 2015.

1. elbeasto Win User

Text in right click menus on taskbar missing

I think this is related to tiles disappearing on the start menu. It feels like a graphic bug.
    But I'm not sure.

Text in right click menus on taskbar missing [​IMG]

:)

elbeasto, Oct 6, 2015

2. text missing on taskbar, explorer and right click options

I am using a dell inspiron laptop with windows insider preview build (fast). suddenly all text on taskbar has gone missing and the time is not showing too. no text can be seen in explorer too. but everything is working fine. all the applications work and
    the windows 10 in app interfaces like the settings app have no issues. but other apps like windows defender, snipping tool etc are showing no text. I am not even able to attach a screenshot as neither the snipping tool is showing options nor am i able to save
    it through paint using printscreen

AdityaIyerrr, Oct 6, 2015
  3. text missing on taskbar, explorer and right click options

Hi,

We suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files. The sfc/scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces
    incorrect, corrupted, changed or damaged versions with the correct versions possible. You may refer to this link for
    more information.

If the issue persists even after using System File Checker tool, please follow the steps below to run the DISM tool:

• Press Windows key + X and select the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, enter the following commands (Press the Enter key after each command):

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and press Enter.
    • Restart the machine.
    Let us know how it goes.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you may find the following of interest, if not of immediate help, but it may suggest something..
    As it turns out, the data for the Jump List items isn’t in the registry at all, but in the user’s AppData. Specifically, in a collection of files in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations. There’s one file per application; I had a somewhat magical 42 files in mine. I noted that there is also a similar folder called %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations, with fewer files in it, and which I suspect contains a cache of Jump List items that have been added programmatically by each application (such as the ‘Play All Music’ command on Media Player’s Jump List.
    The files in these folders don’t have particularly useful names, but if you open them in Notepad the contents will give you a clue as to what program each one belongs to (note: don’t edit the files directly). When I compared the folder on different machines it was clear the names are the same for each application.
    The file for Explorer.exe was actually the first in the list for me, and is called 1b4dd67f29cb1962.automaticDestinations-ms. The solution was simple; delete the file. As soon as I had removed it, I was able to re-pin folders, the removed file was recreated, and my life was once again sane.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Text in right click menus on taskbar missing - Similar Threads - Text right click

2. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  3. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  4. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  5. Text right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text right click: Hi, I need to know how toedit texts when you right click in desktop... Like edit 'copy' with 'explode' or something like that with regedit idk... If I can't, however, where is the place where Windows 10 saves this scripts? I mean, the scripts with the default texts of...
  6. Context menus are fuzzy when right clicking certain icons on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Context menus are fuzzy when right clicking certain icons on taskbar.: I'm running Windows 10 1909. I have the Windows Defender icon in my lower right taskbar. When I right click it to do a scan or view the security dashboard, all of the text is fuzzy, not sharp. The other icons like sound and ethernet have sharp text when right clicked. I have...
  7. Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu: I have a shortcut to an .exe that for some reason pin to taskbar is missing, pin to start is there, a picture is worth a 1000 words. Windows 10 build 18362.836 [img] 157164
  8. "Text File" missing from explorer right click context

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Text File" missing from explorer right click context: When I right click somewhere in explorer or desktop, New Text File is missing. I searched for this problem and it seems like the registry responsible for this is present, so I don't know what is left to do....
  9. Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update: The right click context menus disappear after I upgraded to Win 10 1903. This seems like a common theme for all recent 7+ versions post updates. I have read every article. 1) It is not corrupted system files, or at least a through check and resolve of these does not fix...
  10. White boxes for right click menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for right click menus?: http://puu.sh/jjjOl/869ebbd62a.png The bottom right box is me right clicking the Speakers or Network icons. I can click in it and it still works but it's just annoying knowing that it's not working properly. Anyone else have this problem or perhaps a solution for it? 10411