Windows 10: Text scrolling stops, makes sound

Discus and support Text scrolling stops, makes sound in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Working as an editor I have to scroll along checking every line of text in a book, using the horizontal forward arrow through the text. I've just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bar958, Jun 12, 2016.

1. bar958 Win User

Text scrolling stops, makes sound

Hi. Working as an editor I have to scroll along checking every line of text in a book, using the horizontal forward arrow through the text. I've just moved from Vista to a new pc running Windows 10. Every 100 characters or so (or about 8 seconds), the cursor stops and makes a sound and I have to take my finger off and press it again to carry on. This is driving me mad.
    I'm using Word in Office 2010, which I've tried reinstalling, but this happens in OneNote etc as well. It even does it if I scroll through this post...
    Please help. Microsoft and Dell can't work it out.

:)

bar958, Jun 12, 2016
  2. Monij Win User

Need scrolling text and video on PowerPoint slides

I have embedded a video clip in my PowerPoint slide and I have some text in a text box that appears below my video. I am trying to make my text scroll upward like "credits" and I need for the text to disappear behind the video--not scroll over the top of
    my video. I can get the text to scroll but I cannot not get scrolling text and video to work together. When my slides comes up and my video play automatically, my text won't scroll (even though I told it to play with previous). I have to click for the text
    to scroll but then my video stops playing.

Monij, Jun 12, 2016
  3. lumia 620

My nokia 620 has stopped making any notification sounds when I get a text message while phone is locked,

smithy2015, Jun 12, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

This doesn't happen for me. I can hold down the right arrow key as long as I want and the cursor keeps moving thriugh the text from left to right. No beep, no stop.

What are your keyboard repeat settings? Mine are as follows:

Text scrolling stops, makes sound [​IMG]

Ztruker, Jun 13, 2016
  5. bar958 Win User
    Thanks for answering. I've got exactly the same keyboard repeat settings as you have.

bar958, Jun 13, 2016
  6. bar958 Win User
    Ah. I've fixed it. I was using my Microsoft keyboard. I've put a Dell keyboard on and it doesn't happen any more.

Now I've got to find a compatible keyboard I can type on. I learnt to type in the days before electric typewriters, and I can't get on with these low-profile keyboards...

bar958, Jun 13, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    SOme of the IBM (and maybe Lenovo) keyboards are good, feel much like a good electric typewriter.

Ztruker, Jun 14, 2016
  8. Text scrolling stops, makes sound

Hi:

Dumb question on my part: did you install the MS software/drivers package that come with the keyboard?

Assuming it's a wired/USB KB, most of these are "plug-and-play" now with at least basic functionality.
    But there's usually some sort of software/driver package for enhanced functionality, especially with the fancy KBs.
    (These are available for d/l at the manufacturer's website.)

And you may want to check that this KB and its software are fully Win10-compatible.
    (I use a MS 4000 Ergo with my Win 7 box and plan to use the same KB when I fire up my new Win 10 system -- I had to do a bit of research to confirm that it is Win 10-compatible before purchasing it.)

Just a random thought,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Text scrolling stops, makes sound - Similar Threads - Text scrolling stops

2. Text box and a scroll bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text box and a scroll bar: Hi,There is a large empty text box and a scroll bar overlay with a browser. How can I get rid of it?Thank You, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-box-and-a-scroll-bar/bab0b0d5-236c-4739-a732-1e9bc2ab89c5
  3. Text box and a scroll bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text box and a scroll bar: Hi,There is a large empty text box and a scroll bar overlay with a browser. How can I get rid of it?Thank You, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-box-and-a-scroll-bar/bab0b0d5-236c-4739-a732-1e9bc2ab89c5
  4. STOP Computer from making notification sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    STOP Computer from making notification sounds: How do I stop Windows, Microsoft of Facebook from making notification sounds on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-computer-from-making-notification-sounds/ad6dbe6a-db6e-4b80-9a08-264ce94260e6
  5. Notifications stopped making sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications stopped making sound: The notifications still appear in a box at the bottom right, but it just doesn't make any sound anymore. even when I plugged in a mouse or a keyboard, the "plugged in / unplugged" sound also stopped. I've looked in the sound tab in the control panel, the notification sound is...
  6. cannot stop scrolling!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot stop scrolling!: When the mouse is in a window or dialog that has a scroll bar, it scrolls to the bottom. You can try to pull the scroll bar back up but it fights you and goes back to the bottom. This behavior has just started for no apparent reason....
  7. how to stop scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to stop scrolling: Ever since Windows 10 did an update on 11/25/2019 at 4:30 p.m. all of my programs I go into will not stop scrolling. It is all Microsoft products especially that is doing and I cannot get my checking account to balance if it will not stand still. Please someone tell how to...
  8. scrolling whilst highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    scrolling whilst highlighting text: Whenever I highlight e piece of text ready to copy it and it runs of the bottom of the page, The browser wont scroll for me when I drag my cursor to the bottom of the page. Its very frustrating because other programs are not doing it either. please help...
  9. SCROLL STOPPED WORKING

SCROLL STOPPED WORKING: My computer updated last night and now my scroll function is not working. Please help. I have limited use of my hands and scrolling is easier han buttons. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-stopped-working/724439b7-e777-417e-8198-5fc489e784dc
  10. mouse stops scrolling

mouse stops scrolling: hi everyone sometimes when I scroll down with my mouse it stops scrolling, if I press esc. button or the down arrow it starts to scroll. I am using an external mouse, but it happens with the mouse on the keyboard and if I try with another mouse it does the same thing....