Windows 10: Text size very small in certain applications

Discus and support Text size very small in certain applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] As the image above shows. I have an issue with certain apps (Doceri, and Adobe that I've identified) appearing with text extremely small.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cjtdevil, Jan 4, 2017.

1. cjtdevil Win User

Text size very small in certain applications

Text size very small in certain applications [​IMG]

As the image above shows. I have an issue with certain apps (Doceri, and Adobe that I've identified) appearing with text extremely small. Other apps such as Chrome and Microsoft Office seem to be fine by comparison. I've thumbed through the solutions to similar problems and nothing has worked. Typical "Display Settings" dialogue was useless. Advanced properties didn't do much either. And even manually altering the DPI value to 1 was ineffective. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

:)

cjtdevil, Jan 4, 2017
  2. EliSherer Win User

Display problem with Windows 10, changing from internal Laptop to external display (using MacBook Pro mid-2015 2880x1800)

OK... a bit complex, but here goes.

I have a new MacBook Pro (Mid-2015 model), running Windows 10 in Bootcamp.

When in my office, I use two external monitors with the laptop lid closed, though I suppose it's possible to use the laptop as a third screen (but I rarely do this).

The Native screen resolution of the MacBook is 2880x1800.

The Main external monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080

The Second external monitor has a resolution of 1680x1050

Here's the problem:

• When I am working normally in my office, my desktop and applications appear on the Main screen normally (the correct size) in HD 1920x180. (There is a slight change if I move an application to the Second monitor, but this is not
      often since this is mostly as secondary display).

• When I am working elsewhere, such as from home, the desktop and applications appear on the Native Screen (2880x1800) where the icons are the correct size, but the text may be very small... and column arrangements in certain applications
      (Outlook, Quicken, etc.) are all very different.

• In addition, certain applications have dialog boxes that are all messed up. For example: Opening SQL Server Management Studio shows a very small startup display box, a relatively normal size login screen, but then once logged
        in, the folder and database icons are very small, yet the text descriptions are normal size. If I open a dialog (such as to delete or restore a database), the dialog graphics are small, but the text is huge and I need to maximize the dialog if there is any
        hope of seeing what is there (and sometimes, not everything fits even then).

• If I change the Native screen resolution to 1920x1080, (which also means I have to manually restart the computer to go back to this lower resolution mode whenever I disconnect from the Main external monitor), but this reduced
      resolution of the screen and everything looks "fuzzy." The text is not crisp, the images are not as sharp... basically I am dumbing down my screen resolution on a very high-end computer, making it look worse than it should!
    Questions:

• Does anyone know of a proper setting that will allow me to use the full 2880x1800 resolution and not have the problem with wacky icons and bad text sizes?
    • Does anyone know of a way to automatically change the resolution of the "main monitor" so Windows can detect what to use depending on whether I am connected to an external monitor, or only on the higher resolution laptop?

EliSherer, Jan 4, 2017
  3. fix for windows 10 official update in lumia

Fix the problem in settings>system>display>"size of text,apps,etc." This size of text gets either very small or very BIGGG! So plz fix this too...

Saiyan Zro ????, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Text size very small in certain applications

Have not got a fix for, but if the text is too small, hold Ctrl & spin the mouse wheel to expand or shrink, you can do this on a web page but only on the web page can you reset - press Ctrl & 0 (zero).

RoadBlaster, Jan 6, 2017
Thema:

Text size very small in certain applications

1. Text size very small in certain applications - Similar Threads - Text size very

2. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  3. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  4. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Text on certain apps super small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text on certain apps super small: Hi! I have been running into issues with certain apps on my Asus laptop from day 1. I noticed that certain text in certain apps is very small.When I got the laptop, it was running Windows 10 and now I am running Windows 11 - same issue persists.I have scaling set to 250%...
  6. Text on certain apps super small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text on certain apps super small: Hi! I have been running into issues with certain apps on my Asus laptop from day 1. I noticed that certain text in certain apps is very small.When I got the laptop, it was running Windows 10 and now I am running Windows 11 - same issue persists.I have scaling set to 250%...
  7. Application opens in a very small window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application opens in a very small window: Hi guys, I have a problem with application opening on windows 10; the application is "Among Us" I use to open it in a normal way but one time and suddenly when opened it it opens in a very small window showing nothing than the top bar as shown in the photo below, I've tried...
  8. very small icons and very small text in taskbar,

very small icons and very small text in taskbar,: Hi ,my name is Colin i have just bought a new Dell inspiron 15 model 3585,The problem i have is tiny text and icons on task bar,and when i right click on anything that text is also so very small,i might add that in settings the text size is normal size, ease of access is of...
  9. Font size suddenly very small

Font size suddenly very small: When I was typing an email the font size suddenly became very small within the email and within every aspect of my Windows 10. I have been unable to return it to its normal size. I cannot even respond to an email because the type is so tiny I cannot even read it. If I try to...
  10. Text size keeps reverting to small.

in Windows 10 Support
    Text size keeps reverting to small.: After the last update my fonts shrunk. They look like little more than dots. I think it's going to 3 point. I've tried Font Size Changer and Advanced Font Size Changer. but neither takes hold and I'm back to the dots. The taskbar button text is okay and Browser seems exempt...