Windows 10: Text via PC

Discus and support Text via PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it posible to send and receive text via my PC. Thanks. 73020 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobbyboy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Bobbyboy Win User

Text via PC

Is it posible to send and receive text via my PC.

Thanks.

:)

Bobbyboy, Dec 20, 2016

2. N95 text question

Is there a way to get a text message off the phone and onto a PC via bluetooth or anotherway? On my SEp990i you could send a text to the note pad application then send it from there via bluetooth, is it possible on the N95?

obbzi---01, Dec 20, 2016
  3. ashn---01 Win User
    N79 - how transfer notes to PC?

Is sending the text file/noe to your PC via the BlueTooth

not possible? (assuming your PC/Laptop has a receiver)

ashn---01, Dec 20, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Text via PC

If you mean the Short Message Service (SMS) frequently used on cellphones, then the answer is "Yes." There are any number of Web-based services that let you send SMS from a PC, as documented in this Google Search. Receiving SMS on a PC is a bit more tricky because SMS must be sent first and foremost to a cell number. Getting the SMS text messages to a PC therefore involves a bit of programming trickery. Here's an article that explains this side of the equation, and provides links to 6 services (some free, some for a fee) that can do this: 6 Services That Let You Receive SMS on PC without Phone.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 20, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Also, some cell phone companies like Sprint offer SMS texting on their websites. It's attached to your normal cell phone number.

NavyLCDR, Dec 20, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    I have done it exactly once.

I simply sent an email to an address at the recipient's cell service provider. Here is how for Verizon:

Email to Text Message - Verizon Wireless Email to Text

I memory serves, the recipient can reply via text, and it'll come back to you as email.

bobkn, Dec 20, 2016
  7. The way you asked your question, yes.

If the question had been, "Is there an easy reliable free safe way to sync SMS texts between Android and PC?" the question is, well, not yet.

The good news is that something floating about in beta called SKYPE MINGO might do the trick.

macOS and iOS offer this functionality so smoothly it's really missed in Windows 10 and Android.

The Pool Man, Dec 21, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Text via PC

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Text via PC

1. Text via PC - Similar Threads - Text via

2. Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?: I like the new Text Actions option in the new snipping tool and is really helpful for my work.Is there a way to programmaticallycommand line open an image file with snipping tool and extract the text with new Text Actions ?Expected Snipping tool to open with image but it...
  3. Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?: I like the new Text Actions option in the new snipping tool and is really helpful for my work.Is there a way to programmaticallycommand line open an image file with snipping tool and extract the text with new Text Actions ?Expected Snipping tool to open with image but it...
  4. How can I print pictures sent via text to my android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I print pictures sent via text to my android phone: How can I print pictures sent via text to my android phone from the iCloud Not able to do from an Apple ID account I established.* Changed to a question* Original title: Printing pictures...
  5. Unable to send text messages not emails via computer to phone numbers that aren't in my...

Unable to send text messages not emails via computer to phone numbers that aren't in my...: I'm wanting to use Phone Link on my computer to text to clients/people.HOWEVER, in the computer app, when I enter a phone number that isn't saved into my contact list, it comes up with 'No Results Found' at the top, and I am unable to click the 'send' button as it is greyed...
  6. Unable to send text messages not emails via computer to phone numbers that aren't in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to send text messages not emails via computer to phone numbers that aren't in my...: I'm wanting to use Phone Link on my computer to text to clients/people.HOWEVER, in the computer app, when I enter a phone number that isn't saved into my contact list, it comes up with 'No Results Found' at the top, and I am unable to click the 'send' button as it is greyed...
  7. can i contact microsoft tech support via email or just text based contact

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can i contact microsoft tech support via email or just text based contact: i can't speak english well and the tech support in my language is not good nor do i feel comfortable with talking to someone on a phonecall is there something like this?...
  8. can i contact microsoft tech support via email or just text based contact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i contact microsoft tech support via email or just text based contact: i can't speak english well and the tech support in my language is not good nor do i feel comfortable with talking to someone on a phonecall is there something like this?...
  9. can i contact microsoft tech support via email or just text based contact

10. Can you make a computer to alert me when signed into via text and also gives the ability to...

Can you make a computer to alert me when signed into via text and also gives the ability to...: Can you make a computer that can alert me when signed into via text and can also give the owner the ability to shut it down or lock it via phone...