Windows 10: TH2 Ate My Settings

Discus and support TH2 Ate My Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've updated two PCs from a 10586 MCT download this week, on one I chose to download updates, on the other I didn't. Both got settings reset, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nigelmercier, Nov 27, 2015.

1. TH2 Ate My Settings

I've updated two PCs from a 10586 MCT download this week, on one I chose to download updates, on the other I didn't. Both got settings reset, which I thought the further update was meant to fix.

I will add to this list as I find them...

• New folders created for Documents, Downloads ... in Users folder despite already existing on another drive.
    • Photos app set as default

:)

nigelmercier, Nov 27, 2015
  2. Holoff Win User

Apple´s Bootcamp seems to corrupt the settings in Windows 10 th2

After installing Win 10 Th2 (fall update) AND latest Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro 15 Retina I'm finding that the settings app hangs whenever I click on either "Storage" or "Apps & Features". After a fresh
    installation of Th2 only the settings app seems to work correctly; however AFTER the installation of Bootcamp the settings app hangs again whenever I click on either "Storage" or "Apps & Features".

Holoff, Nov 27, 2015
  3. 5.1 Digital Optical not working in Windows 10

OK, my fault, I got a major update yesterday and thought it was TH2, but my version says I am still at 10.0 Build 10240. So not all hope is gone yet.

EDIT: Now it finally works with TH2!

Tim Bimmler, Nov 27, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

TH2 Ate My Settings

Yes this is a known result of having your user folders to another partition. All you need to do it relocate your folder again to the other partition and delete the new folders. To change the default app for photos, search for default and click to open Default Programs (desktop app). Then click on your application you want it default and click on the "Make this default" button.

spapakons, Nov 27, 2015
  5. Actually the special folders were still as I set them, just a bunch of duplicates.

nigelmercier, Nov 27, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Make sure all your data are in the right place, all personal folders are located in the partition you want, and then just delete the duplicates.

spapakons, Nov 27, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    There is a whole thread already dedicated to the 10586 upgrade issues. It is well known and documented in the technical press that file associations are/may be resigned, default browser set back to Edge, and a number of other effects.

Whilst this isn't what you should expect, and MS is getting a lot of flack on this publicly, this is the first time MS has released an update that behaves similarly to installing Windows. Not that I'd wish to excuse MS...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

TH2 Ate My Settings

1. TH2 Ate My Settings - Similar Threads - TH2 Ate Settings

2. Gmail ate my message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail ate my message: This is going to be weird, but since Google doesn't help its customers, I thought I'd ask you here. Just this evening,I got a message in Gmail in my spam folder that wasn't spam. When I clicked to move it to Inbox it vanished. Yes, I refreshed a coupleof times. But here's the...
  3. Gmail ate my message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail ate my message: This is going to be weird, but since Google doesn't help its customers, I thought I'd ask you here. Just this evening,I got a message in Gmail in my spam folder that wasn't spam. When I clicked to move it to Inbox it vanished. Yes, I refreshed a coupleof times. But here's the...
  4. A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!: SO i was using winrar, and for some reason it says i dont have enough space, the download in winrar was 45 gb, before i used winrar i checked how much space i had and i had 190 gb, during the extraction i get a error saying no disk space, but i should have some disk space,...
  5. A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!: SO i was using winrar, and for some reason it says i dont have enough space, the download in winrar was 45 gb, before i used winrar i checked how much space i had and i had 190 gb, during the extraction i get a error saying no disk space, but i should have some disk space,...
  6. One Drive ate my Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive ate my Pictures: I want to copy 15 years worth of photos from one PC to another PC. I want them on the PC hard drive, which has tons of space. The source PC does not have OneDrive enabled, the destination PC does. I copied a few gigs to a thumb drive and then the new PC. So far so good. The...
  7. My PC ate my CD

My PC ate my CD: Hello, I put a CD in my windows 10! and It was put in correct but some how when I tried to get the CD. It did not come! I think it stuck. Also I watched a video on YouTube that helped a lot of people here is the link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEFhFY3tLs. And I am also...
  8. HELP! My SSD is being ate up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HELP! My SSD is being ate up: I recently installed A Samsung 970 Pro M.2. When I first did the clean install, Samsung Magician reported 0.4 TBW. Needless to say, I had to install the rest of my programs that I normally use to include anti-virus, after which Magician reported about a 1.2 TBW. I did install...
  9. Win10 TH2 New Drivers

Win10 TH2 New Drivers: There is a slew of new drivers by date 10/29/2015 for new win 10 november 12 update. I have tested most of mine and they appear stable ready for prime time. Check yours. 29662
  10. TH2 settings

in Windows 10 Support
    TH2 settings: I just upgraded to TH2. When I click on All Settings then one of the options, it takes forever to respond. What could be the problem? 34228