Windows 10: Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .

Discus and support Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . . in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; From Sleep, since recent updates, Windows will not boot . . . Question . . . .should I create a newer Macrium Reflect recovery disk? Current disk is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by DaveGrant01, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .

From Sleep, since recent updates, Windows will not boot . . . Question . . . .should I create a newer Macrium Reflect recovery disk? Current disk is saving my A**!

:)

DaveGrant01, Oct 3, 2016

2. Lost all data (pictures, music, word docs, excel docs) after Windows 10 upgrade

Save the folders to the cloud. OneDrive should also be saving them. You should also be making at least weekly backups of your system. I use Acronis True Image Home 2016. Others also recommend Macrium Reflex (free).

Cbarnhorst, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade and WinBook TW100 Windows 8.1 tablet... three things to watch out for...

OK... glad you found the way into the UEFI ("BIOS") setup in the

firmware.

I used a 1 TB USB hard drive to do my system backup, then burned the Macrium backup archive onto a DVD for safe storage in my closet.

You should be able to make a donor image from your new

Winbook using Macrium, make a boot/recovery DVD in Macrium,

plug in a USB DVD drive, boot to it from the UEFI and then use the

donor image to un-brick the "unfortunate victim" (LOL) of the

Windows 10 upgrade.

Macrium is nice in that it gives you a couple choices for your

bootable recovery media - if I recall correctly, one of the options

is for a bootable Linux DVD that can restore from Macrium image

files.

Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . . :)

AllanY2525, Oct 3, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .

Naw, a new one is not needed; as each version's update roll-out occurs, a new one is nice. I make usb boot sticks because such can be updated while a DVD can't be updated, only replaced.

RolandJS, Oct 3, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    I usually make a new one with each update. Whether it is necessary, I can't say. It's just better to play it safe in my opinion.

essenbe, Oct 3, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    If you use the Reflect recovery boot menu, you will need to remove then reinstall it to be sure of having the latest recovery files.

Steve C, Oct 3, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    This is not true. No need to do this at all - it always uses latest version installed.

cereberus, Oct 3, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Oct 3, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Sure but definitely not needed for upgrading MR on same version of Windows 10. Even build upgrades do not affect it. Oddly enough, using the MR 'fix windows boot problems' deletes the MR boot entry so you have to redo it - LOL!

cereberus, Oct 3, 2016
  10. That's definitely NOT been my experience.

When I update the installed MR version, it does NOT update the WinPE boot files. I have confirmed this numerous times.

Instead, after I update the installed MR version, I then use the option to create recovery boot media, during which it DOES then update the WinPE boot files, and then I cancel out -- or rewrite the boot files on the USB stick, depending on what I want to do at the time.

However, there is no need to manually uninstall and reinstall the WinPE boot files.

Mark Phelps, Oct 4, 2016
  11. cereberus Win User
    I was not talking about the boot files - I was talking about having to change the boot entry which previous poster said you have to redo each time there is an upgrade.

Of course, you need to update the winpe boot files. I do that every time even though it may not be needed all the time just in case.

cereberus, Oct 4, 2016
  12. RolandJS Win User
    Lookingback, I'll +1 ya *Smile I was only talking about the existing backup images -- I have found that regardless of MR version, I can restore anytime.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . . - Similar Threads - Thank God Macrium

2. Thank god for Windows repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thank god for Windows repair: I was attempting to remove my "Some settings are managed by your organization" from my laptop I purchased this laptop myself from Office Depot, so it's not been used by anyone else. I assume it may be a side effect of replacing the original HHD with an SSD, but oh well...
  3. Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused: After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also watched on-line tutorials and read lots of posts about it, but I'm way past confused at this point. All I was trying to do to...
  4. Thank god windows 10 is not an aircraft....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thank god windows 10 is not an aircraft....: I'm really happy that Windows 10 is not an aircraft because I could never take off as there is always something that wouldn't work. If it's not this, it's something else. Persistence since the preceding version 1909 I cannot update drivers. Back in 2019 in the PC settings...
  5. Thank god for system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thank god for system restore: So today while browsing I had a weird bug where I couldn't open programs, except through having one program open another. (And before you go and tell me it's a virus,no it isn't, my computer is pretty crappy and I don't download stuff that often or go on unfamiliar web...
  6. Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?

Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?: Opening Win 10 Pro's File Explorer at the 'This PC' level I see an unexpected entry 'Macrium Reflect Image'. As well as File Explorer it's also displayed by other tools such as TreeSize. [img] I assume this arises from tentatively trying the first steps of the restore...
  7. Macrium Reflex

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Macrium Reflex: Ok I have my system backed up with Macrium,no here is the problem. Geating ready to upgrade computer with new Motherboard,CPU, SSD Drives,will my backup work on all this new stuff? Will Activation be a problem? Thanks Z 66032
  8. Boot into Macrium?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot into Macrium?: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I can have complete backup images of my new desktop. I noticed that upon reboot I'm offered a dual-boot: Windows, as expected. And Macrium as an alternate. So what happens if I choose Macrium? 89137
  9. Problem with Macrium Reflex

Problem with Macrium Reflex: Is anyone else having a problem using the free Macrium Reflex with Windows 10? I tried to install it and nothing went right with it. 14752
  10. Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP: After using Macrium Reflex Free version for several months I decided to purchase the Home edition. I did so and immediately found that when I boot, instead of going directly to Windows I am presented with a choice of continuing to boot to Windows or a Virtual Win PE...