Windows 10: Thanks for reserving your free upgrade

Discus and support Thanks for reserving your free upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem in that I have reserved my free windows 10 upgrade, BUT for some reason which I certainly don't I am unable to upgrade, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samIOW, Jul 31, 2015.

1. samIOW Win User

Thanks for reserving your free upgrade

Hello,

I have a problem in that I have reserved my free windows 10 upgrade, BUT for some reason which I certainly don't I am unable to upgrade, it keeps say that we're validating windows 10 for your pc, we recommend that you update after you get your notification, well I have been waiting since the 29th , my laptop meets the spec, so what is the problem ??

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sam

:)

samIOW, Jul 31, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

reserve your free upgrade

If Windows 10 had already downloaded, you would have received a notification on your monitor.

The 'reservation' is another example of Microsoft bending the English language to its benefit. It's not like when you make a reservation at a restaurant and a table is being held for you. There is no copy of Windows 10 that is being held for you.

The copy of Windows 10 you are waiting for has been available at the link I posted ever since July 29. The purpose of 'reserving' was to help Microsoft plan its bandwidth needs. In return, Microsoft offered to automatically download the installer to your
    computer. But you never needed to wait and Microsoft is no longer sending installers to people who made a reservation.

BulldogXX, Jul 31, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    reserve your free upgrade

Get Windows 10 from Microsoft
    here

BulldogXX, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  5. samIOW Win User
    samIOW, Aug 1, 2015
  6. There isn't any "problem". MS has not said when folks who reserved their copies of Win10 will actually see the update. The few threads that have dealt with his posted comments from MS that said updates would be done over the next several "weeks to months". So, it could be "weeks or months" until the update takes place.

Mark Phelps, Aug 1, 2015
  7. samIOW Win User
    No not yet, for some reason I am unable too at this moment. Thanks though for asking

samIOW, Aug 1, 2015
  8. samIOW Win User

T think most people over here assumed that it would be on the 29th given the hype which they had broadcasted it. certainly over in the UK. Thanks for the information .

samIOW, Aug 1, 2015
  9. bobkn Win User
    If you're reluctant to upgrade using the Media Creation Tool, don't be. The outcome is the same as using the "reserved" version. Better, if it gives you more control over what you download. (I wanted the iso, which is an option with the MCT.)

bobkn, Aug 1, 2015
  10. samIOW Win User
    Hello,

Did you install with a flash drive, or DVD ??

samIOW, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    I mounted the ISO under Windows 8.1 and ran setup.exe from the mounted iso. No flash or DVD needed.

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  12. samIOW Win User
    just tried to install by mounting it and it comes up with" you can't install windows on a usb flash drive using set-up" ??

samIOW, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Let's be sure:

You boot Windows 8.1.
    You insert the flash drive.
    Either it opens File Explorer or you open it and navigate to the drive assigned to the flash drive.
    Double click on setup.exe.

Upgrade should start.

Do you have or did you recently install a SSD? If so, try this:

Found here: Solved Migrated OS to SSD now unable to do inplace upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  14. samIOW Win User
    This is what I was referring too, I asked you if you used a usb flash drive or DVD, and that was your answer,

This is what comes up when I mount the ISO and click setup.

just tried to install by mounting it and it comes up with" you can't install windows on a usb flash drive using set-up" ??

Thanks

samIOW, Aug 1, 2015
  15. samIOW Win User
    Still no joy in getting the windows 10 to install either by ISO or flash drive.

When I mount the windows.ISO using the integral windows 8.1 software it goes through everything until it finally tells me that you can't install windows on a usb flash drive using setup??

I then tried using a flash drive which I tried following all the Windows 10 - Upgrade Installations options, but still have the same problem, I did manage to boot from the flash drive but it was like a clean install , meaning I had to give serial which I have for windows 8 and wasn't sure if that would work ? but more importantly I was concerned that it would overwrite my existing windows , But didn't continue because I wanted to make sure that all my programs which is installed on windows 8.1 pro would still be there instead of having to reinstall them.

Any help to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sam

samIOW, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Thanks for reserving your free upgrade - Similar Threads - Thanks reserving free

2. Fix your drivers thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix your drivers thanks: Realtek completely failing randomly. No sound in speakers or headphones, driver is up to date, troubleshoot, yes wow, all useless. Trillion dollar company, super competent you'd think they could get a single thing right. NOPE Haha, Caching! $u$...
  3. Fix your drivers thanks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix your drivers thanks: Realtek completely failing randomly. No sound in speakers or headphones, driver is up to date, troubleshoot, yes wow, all useless. Trillion dollar company, super competent you'd think they could get a single thing right. NOPE Haha, Caching! $u$...
  4. Fix your drivers thanks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Free Processor Upgrade With Latest Update, Thanks Microsoft!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free Processor Upgrade With Latest Update, Thanks Microsoft!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SaddenedBKSticks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbkii2/free_processor_upgrade_with_latest_update_thanks/
  6. Will this plan work to "reserve" my free upgrade permanently?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will this plan work to "reserve" my free upgrade permanently?: I have 4 retail versions of Win7 running on various machines in my house. I do not really want to upgrade to Win10 yet, but I also don't want to miss out on 4 free upgrades, and the time counting down until 7/29 has been bothering me. But I have a plan that I think might...
  7. Reserve upgrade question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reserve upgrade question: I'm running Windows 7 and am trying to upgrade to win10. I have reserved my copy and have chosen to install with the 'delete everything' option (something like that) in the setup. I'm afraid I won't have it permanently, as the word 'upgrade' is always used. Is this still...
  8. No advantage in Reserving Your Copy?

No advantage in Reserving Your Copy?: What is the advantage of reserving win10? I did this the first moment it was possible. About a month later I eventually did it to my other four machines. The last machine I reserved it on was my laptop. The first machine to say it was ready to install was the...
  9. Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade

Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade: This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of screenshots: Attachment...
  10. Unable to reserve upgrade

Unable to reserve upgrade: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I clicked on the flag symbol and a box appeared with a spinning wheel and the message please wait. I waited and waited for 2 hours on numerous occasions but nothing happened and now I recieve a message saying "reserve your upgrade now"...