Windows 10: that damn clicking noise from the OSK

Discus and support that damn clicking noise from the OSK in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do i stop that bleedingly annoying clicking noise created by the on screen keyboard every time a key is pressed? I can't see any option to shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GD4E1, Apr 10, 2017.

1. GD4E1 Win User

that damn clicking noise from the OSK

How do i stop that bleedingly annoying clicking noise created by the on screen keyboard every time a key is pressed? I can't see any option to shut it up and its driving me crazy. Not bothered if the solution entails registry edits, group policy changes, deleting files from C:\windows\system32, other software, just please give me a solution
    thanks

:)

GD4E1, Apr 10, 2017

2. on screen keyboard

OSK is not checked in ease of access. All settings seem to be correct and still this damn osk pops up on start up.All settings are correct. Can't get rid of it even after checking all troubleshooting and faq's on Microsoft. Hate it!!!!!!!!

CarolGallo25, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Disappearing icons

I was more interested in what it detected than what it would show you. For example, if I right-click on a Desktop shortcut Narrator apparently says nothing until I use Cursor Down to make it detect the first item in the right-click menu. Sometimes when
    I right-click on something its menu appears in an unexpected place but even if in your case it was appearing off-screen, because it would have keyboard focus Narrator would be able to tell you what it was.

Again, the idea was to turn it on and see if you could use it to change your symptom. Win-+ and Ctrl-Alt-F for its Fullscreen mode. An example of where doing this helped me is that I had the OSK open on my secondary monitor so when I needed to sign in
    I was not allowed to use my PIN without closing the OSK. The challenge was how to close the OSK without turning on my other monitor and using my mouse. Magnifier helped by allowing me to see the OSK (e.g. by changing the magnification and scrolling around
    in its view port) even though it was supposedly on the other monitor.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 10, 2017
  5. GD4E1 Win User
    Yes!! Thank you so much!! that noise is FINALLY gone*Smile

GD4E1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. that damn clicking noise from the OSK - Similar Threads - damn clicking noise

2. Clicking sound or popping noise from microphone on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Clicking sound or popping noise from microphone on PC: [IMG]The clicking sound or popping noise from a microphone on a Windows PC is frustrating because it interrupts the video or screen recording. Due to this issue, users cannot use the microphone on video or audio calls in different apps. If you experience such an issue on your...
  3. Damn updates!~!~

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Damn updates!~!~: Cool edit does run in windows ten at least it did for me for the past 4 years now all the sudden zip!! ****!! tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now Mine you it not the output Playing just fine, it's recording mode zip nothing in any program will not record!! even installed...
  4. Damn updates!~!~

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Damn updates!~!~: Cool edit does run in windows ten at least it did for me for the past 4 years now all the sudden zip!! ****!! tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now Mine you it not the output Playing just fine, it's recording mode zip nothing in any program will not record!! even installed...
  5. Mic Random Clicking Noise!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Random Clicking Noise!: Why does my mic make random clicking sounds at random times? like when I talk it just makes a clicking noise and its not from my mouth, but it happens randomly when I talk and not constant! PLEASE HELP! I got a new mic and it didn't help!...
  6. Mic Random Clicking Noise!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Random Clicking Noise!: Why does my mic make random clicking sounds at random times? like when I talk it just makes a clicking noise and its not from my mouth, but it happens randomly when I talk and not constant! PLEASE HELP! I got a new mic and it didn't help!...
  7. Two OSK's?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two OSK's?: Today I needed to use the OSK and launched it from the taskbar context menu. While using it I found it plays a sound when I click on the keys, and I wanted to disable that sound. But I couldn't find how in its settings. So I went to the good old Control Panel, and there I...
  8. Annoying clicking noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying clicking noise: Hello I got an annoying clicking noise while listening Youtube. I did removed and reinstall the NVIDIA audio driver, but noise is still there. Edit: Clicking noise like static is heard even when there in nothing playing on Youtube. Any idea Any help appreciated 143346
  9. Annoying clicking noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying clicking noise: Hello I got an annoying clicking noise while listening Youtube. I did removed and reinstall the NVIDIA audio driver, but noise is still there. Any idea? Any help appreciated 143346
  10. Clicking noises upon startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clicking noises upon startup: just had this happen to me, was such a weird and distinct thing to hear that its was obvious it was coming from the PC. booted up PC about 10 mins ago and just as i was going to sit down on my chair i heard clicking noises maybe 3-5 times before it went away during mid...