Windows 10: the 16 aug 2018 windows modules installer update has made my MS office Home & Student 2016...

Discus and support the 16 aug 2018 windows modules installer update has made my MS office Home & Student 2016... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 16 Aug 2018; Since the recent windows update, windows modules installer, my MS office home & student 2016 program was affected...all my files now open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SheBob, Aug 18, 2018.

1. SheBob Win User

the 16 aug 2018 windows modules installer update has made my MS office Home & Student 2016...

16 Aug 2018; Since the recent windows update, windows modules installer, my MS office home & student 2016 program was affected...all my files now open only as 2007 trial version, with limited functions.

This is not acceptable...is Microsoft going to correct this back to the 2016 full version that I paid for? and when?

Unhappy Bob

:)

SheBob, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 Updates

Not quite.

I should have been more precise in my conclusion-- I should have said
    C2R MS Office Office Home and Student 2016 security updates are incorporated in the "build" and they will not be listed in the Windows 10
    Update History or Installed Updates.

The two Windows 10 KB files you cite appear in the places you mention.
    I also have one more Windows 10 KB file you did not mention: KB4022405, both in
    Installed Updates and Update History.
    All three have a file date on my computer of June 13, 2017, the date of June Patch Tuesday. I know the Microsoft Catalog says June 9 or June 10, 2017, but that must have been
    the date they were published in the catalog, not the day they were released via the Windows Updater.

I have another Adobe Flash Player update in my Update History: KB4020821 with a date of June 3, 2017, but the 2nd KB file, KB4022730, replaced it on June 13, 2017 and so it is not in
    Installed Updates.

Thanks for your help in clarifying this. The main take-away for a C2R version of MS Office Home and Student 2016 is that since it updates automatically, silently, and in the background, then the Windows 10 box to check for “Give me updates for other Microsoft
    products when I update Windows” will not produce a report of C2R MS Office Home and Student 2016 updates.

I wonder what checking the box could produce, under these circumstances???

KarenMullen, Aug 18, 2018
  4. the 16 aug 2018 windows modules installer update has made my MS office Home & Student 2016...

Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 Updates

Correct. Opening, e.g., MS Word File | Help [Alt+F+H] will display your current version in the
    ABOUT section.

Install, e.g., MS Office 2010 Standard (i.e., not Click-to-Run) and you'll find out! <wink>

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

the 16 aug 2018 windows modules installer update has made my MS office Home & Student 2016...

1. the 16 aug 2018 windows modules installer update has made my MS office Home & Student 2016... - Similar Threads - aug 2018 modules

2. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  3. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  4. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Office 2016 (Home and Student)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 (Home and Student): Can anyone explain to me why I have duplicate entries for my office programs in my start menu? For one entry, the icon is normal in size and for the other entry, the icon is tiny in size. Also why do all (4) programs for Office 2016 appear tiny in size in the control panel?...
  6. My Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared.: I was working on my Word last evening. When I tried to open my document today, my entire Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared. How can I reinstall it?...
  7. Office Home & Student 2016 not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office Home & Student 2016 not working: Hi, I purchased this laptop in Jan'18 for my daughter who is a student. Have bill. Laptop had pre-loadedOffice Home & Student 2016. She suffered a hard disk crash recently and got it replaced. Now when she is trying to use her Office it is asking for product key. What do we...
  8. MS Office Home and Student 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons. The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it. Is this an issue that should...
  9. MS Office Home and Student 2019

MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons.<br><u>The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it.<br></u>Is this an...
  10. MS Office Home and Student 2019

MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons. The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it. Is this an issue that should...